• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of this is true. While the Bruins may have not beat the Cardinal, they sure did beat them up!

As far as legit hits, there was not a single targeting call made during or after the game against the Bruins.

Maybe you can borrow a box of tissues from Shaw :bawling:, I'm sure he's got plenty!

2 things that are not always equivalent = illegal hits and illegal hits called.

congrats on sending our guys to the sideline, maybe next time put a little more effort into winning a game

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things that are not always equivalent = illegal hits and illegal hits called.

congrats on sending our guys to the sideline, maybe next time put a little more effort into winning a game
One thing is always consistent. PAC officiating is always the worst in college football

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So USC is 1-1 against the other two. And they both play the last game of the year.
If Colorado beats Utah and that creates the 3 way tie all 3 are 1-1 against the others. The next tie breaker is in division record. Utah right now does not have a loss in division while the other two do. If they both end tied again it still goes onto the next tiebreaker because we are not trying to find out who is tops, it's who is bottom. Utah's record wouldn't be relevant in that case.

It gets kind of muddled from there with record against next highest placed team in the division through all conference games coming next.

Basically USC can't go to the CCG in a tie that involved Utah without both USC and Colorado winning the multi team tie breaker over them. In that case Utah would be eliminated and USC would go in over Colorado because of head to head against them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So USC is 1-1 against the other two. And they both play the last game of the year.
If Colorado beats Utah and that creates the 3 way tie all 3 are 1-1 against the others. The next tie breaker is in division record. Utah right now does not have a loss in division while the other two do. If they both end tied again it still goes onto the next tiebreaker because we are not trying to find out who is tops, it's who is bottom. Utah's record wouldn't be relevant in that case.

It gets kind of muddled from there with record against next highest placed team in the division through all conference games coming next.

Basically USC can't go to the CCG in a tie that involved Utah without both USC and Colorado winning the multi team tie breaker over them. In that case Utah would be eliminated and USC would go in over Colorado because of head to head against them.

i love the chaos the pac brought upon itself when expanding to 12 teams. the idea of a ccg is absurd when it requires a team to beat another 2x, sometimes in subsequent games.

10 was a perfect number (no issues with either colorado nor utah, i would have been fine with them part of a pac10).

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you for explaining that to me wiz. So basically USC needs to finish the season either ahead of both Utah and colorado. Or tied with Colorado in order to advance. Which looking at their schedule will be very difficult. SC is going to have to play their best football and most likely need to win out. And hope utah drops at least 2 gams. As well as Colorado dropping 1. Which raises the importance of UCLA defeating both colorado and Utah. The only fortunate thing is Utah also plays Washington

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love the chaos the pac brought upon itself when expanding to 12 teams. the idea of a ccg is absurd when it requires a team to beat another 2x, sometimes in subsequent games.

10 was a perfect number (no issues with either colorado nor utah, i would have been fine with them part of a pac10).
I would actually like to see them eventually expand. But I like the concept of super conferences

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Dayman but if it is not college footballl related I'm not interested. If you don't want to discuss the topic or any other PAC topics. I'll keep it to those who do. Good luck to your Huskies the rest of the way. They have been a very impressive team this year :suds:
Quick replying to me then, you dumb piece of shit.

Long Duk Dong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW how is Larsson looking in Edmonton. I know some people claimed that was a one sided trade. But Larsson is an elite defenseman. He should be a great addition to your oilers
The Oilers are a mess of an organization. Most of the fans were upset about the trade and I understand why, but they had to do something to shake things up. It's too early to tell how it will work out but so far he's been fitting in nicely and looking good. Taylor Hall is very popular in Edmonton but I've never really been a fan of his. The Oilers need more tough, nasty players, and they've been needing better defenders for quite a while now. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for explaining that to me wiz. So basically USC needs to finish the season either ahead of both Utah and colorado. Or tied with Colorado in order to advance. Which looking at their schedule will be very difficult. SC is going to have to play their best football and most likely need to win out. And hope utah drops at least 2 gams. As well as Colorado dropping 1. Which raises the importance of UCLA defeating both colorado and Utah. The only fortunate thing is Utah also plays Washington
Utah could very well lose to Washington and Colorado.

Long Duk Dong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I completely agree with you, but I'm still glad they expanded to 12 for obvious reasons. 10 is probably the perfect number for a conference, with a round robin schedule and no CCG.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the tie breakers are why Oregon had a chance to win the North last year. Oregon had lost to Utah and WSU. 1 north 1 south. WSU going to Apple Cup had lost to Stanford and Cal. Stanford going to big game had lost to Oregon. so as long as Oregon won Civil War (they did) they were in it and needed Stanford to lose to Cal. WSU was eliminated no matter what happened in Apple Cup due to part 2. Oregon was 4-1 in division, WSU was 3-2 Stanford losing would have made them 3-2 in division but they won so they were 4-1 in division but by then it didn't matter because overall conference record for Stan was better.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could very easily happen. If we win one of those I'll be very happy, as long as we take care of business in the other remaining games.
SC has to play at Husky Stadium but Washington skips CU this year. That leaves the Utes in a pretty good position.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree with you, but I'm still glad they expanded to 12 for obvious reasons. 10 is probably the perfect number for a conference, with a round robin schedule and no CCG.

it was really evident in basketball where every team had a home-and-home against everyone in the cnf

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aloha!!!! Just confirmed ticket for Oahu during thanksgiving to visit the family. I'll be watching the apple cup and hopefully huskies in the PAC champ game in between hikes up craters and surfing. Boom!!!

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aloha!!!! Just confirmed ticket for Oahu during thanksgiving to visit the family. I'll be watching the apple cup and hopefully huskies in the PAC champ game in between hikes up craters and surfing. Boom!!!
7de5ede8a8.jpg

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could always go watch Umass at Hawaii. probably late enough to not miss any other games and tix probably go for like $10

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not entirely true. You can still win the south tied with Utah as long as Colorado is as well AND the buffs beat Utah. In that case you all would be 1-1 against each other. Then it goes to division win/loss. IF Utah were worse in that, or the next one down, to BOTH you and Colorado USC would win the south.

The system is wonky, but it is a similar thing in the NFL. All of the 3+ team tiebreakers don't care if Utah is ahead of you, their only goal is to eliminate the worst/lowest and get to two. So you have to end up with Utah being lower than USC and Colorado in one of the tiebreakers and you get it over over Colorado based on head to head.

It's obscure, but just having a tie with Utah doesn't necessarily eliminate USC.