• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed that before the game. I cant remember UCLA doing that vs SC but I could be wrong
My goodness, the Bruins had a Special Teamer practicing on the wrong side of the field.

We all know ST's are special, and I don't care what team they are on, there is nothing any of them can do to prove they are tough! :lol:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goodness, the Bruins had a Special Teamer practicing on the wrong side of the field.

We all know ST's are special, and I don't care what team they are on, there is nothing any of them can do to prove they are tough! :lol:
I didn't think Ive ever seen UCLA do that. Simple mistake then it happens

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The links including bowl payouts etc...are facts.The Rose money is a portion of the BCS money pool. As opposed to the other bowls which hold a significant monetary drop off
Holy shit, big bowls have a bigger payout than the less significant ones? Who knew... what will we do when you're gone?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not so sure. I believe Utah has the tie breaker in the event of a 3 way tie.As per the PAC tie breaker format. Due to the best over all record.Which is a real possibility.And there is still a lot of football to be played. The South is still wide open. But I have the Utes in the driver seat as of this moment
:nono:
Overall record is not a factor in Pac12 multi-team ties. This continues to be brought up in this thread and is wrong every time. OOC records are not relevant to making the Pac12 CCG. They simply aren't. Well outside of what ranking they lead to, but that's indirect at best.

Multiple-team ties If three or more teams are tied atop a division at the end of the season, the following criteria are used to eliminate teams until just two teams remain, at which point the two-team tiebreaking procedure is used.

1. Head-to-head results (best record in games between tied teams)
  2. Record in intra-divisional games
  3. Record against the next highest placed team in the division (based on the record in all conference games), proceeding through the division
  4. Record in common conference games
  5. Highest ranking in College Football Playoff poll entering the final weekend of the regular season
And of course the two team tiebreaker is head to head.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So right now UW and WSU are truly tied for the North. Their losses in OOC are completely and entirely irrelevant. It ONLY matters what you do in conference, and mostly in division.

And to further clarify, the multi-team tiebreakers are used ONLY to get down to two teams in which case the one who beat the other gets the division. So if there were a 4 way tie that formula is used to just get rid of the bottom two.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, big bowls have a bigger payout than the less significant ones? Who knew... what will we do when you're gone?
Theres no guarantee I am gone. But lets keep this college football related.If you don't want to participate on the topic you don't have too Revenue plays a major impact for the program. The bigger bowls are also beneficial in regards to recruiting. And in the end of course I want to see SC playing for a championship. Do you have any thoughts related to the topic or facts to support your argument.Related to the dynamics of rivalries.And how they adapt in accordance to the conference standings?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono:
Overall record is not a factor in Pac12 multi-team ties. This continues to be brought up in this thread and is wrong every time. OOC records are not relevant to making the Pac12 CCG. They simply aren't. Well outside of what ranking they lead to, but that's indirect at best.

Multiple-team ties If three or more teams are tied atop a division at the end of the season, the following criteria are used to eliminate teams until just two teams remain, at which point the two-team tiebreaking procedure is used.

1. Head-to-head results (best record in games between tied teams)
  2. Record in intra-divisional games
  3. Record against the next highest placed team in the division (based on the record in all conference games), proceeding through the division
  4. Record in common conference games
  5. Highest ranking in College Football Playoff poll entering the final weekend of the regular season
And of course the two team tiebreaker is head to head.
From what i read best record in games between tied teams. Is over all record

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what i read best record in games between tied teams. Is over all record
Overall record is always listed in every news medium as total season including OOC, hence the word 'overall'. If you meant overall conference record then stipulate that next time.

I've seen even Oly list OOC as being a distant tiebreaker and others have as well and I was just clarifying it is not.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres no guarantee I am gone. But lets keep this college football related.If you don't want to participate on the topic you don't have too Revenue plays a major impact for the program. The bigger bowls are also beneficial in regards to recruiting. And in the end of course I want to see SC playing for a championship. Do you have any thoughts related to the topic or facts to support your argument.Related to the dynamics of rivalries.And how they adapt in accordance to the conference standings?
I was on topic, my post was sarcastic, but not off topic. I think my though about it was pretty clear.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on topic, my post was sarcastic, but not off topic. I think my though about it was pretty clear.
My apologies i did not realize you were being sarcastic. But I am interested in your opinion regarding how rivalries are effected by conference standings and championship bids.In regards to the bigger picture.If you would like to provide your opinion on that topic

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall record is always listed in every news medium as total season including OOC, hence the word 'overall'. If you meant overall conference record then stipulate that next time.

I've seen even Oly list OOC as being a distant tiebreaker and others have as well and I was just clarifying it is not.
In this case all three teams would share the same conference record. Which would be a three way tie. Maybe @Olyduck can clear this up for me. What i read was over all schedule is the first tie breaker

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies i did not realize you were being sarcastic. But I am interested in your opinion regarding how rivalries are effected by conference standings and championship bids.In regards to the bigger picture.If you would like to provide your opinion on that topic
I have, go back and find it.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, stanford's infirmary saw a marked increase in residents following the ucla game. some of the hits were even legit
Most of this is true. While the Bruins may have not beat the Cardinal, they sure did beat them up!

As far as legit hits, there was not a single targeting call made during or after the game against the Bruins.

Maybe you can borrow a box of tissues from Shaw :bawling:, I'm sure he's got plenty!

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be happy to read it and reply when you do.
Do what? Repeat myself about a dead topic? I'm over it. I gave a response when the thing started. If you couldn't bother to read it the first time, or go back and find it now, shut the fuck up.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do what? Repeat myself about a dead topic? I'm over it. I gave a response when the thing started. If you couldn't bother to read it the first time, or go back and find it now, shut the fuck up.
Sorry i agree with wiz i'm not interested in name calling. I prefer football discussion. If you don't want to discuss it you don't have too. But I am interested in discussing the PAC standings. Especially with all the implications in the upcoming games in regards to SC

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few teams that can benefit from a trip up or two, the Bruins included.

I don't think it's a long shot either because of the way the rest of the schedule lays out for the South leaders. The only aspect of it being a long shot is the fact that UCLA must win out for any hope already hanging saddled with 3 conference losses.
I wouldnt count UCLA out. The PAC South is still very much up for grabs. And stranger things have happened. I would like to see the USC/UCLA game hold as much meaning as possible. But The Victory bell is usually a great game regardless. Aside from a few lop sided games

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this case all three teams would share the same conference record. Which would be a three way tie. Maybe @Olyduck can clear this up for me. What i read was over all schedule is the first tie breaker
I already listed the tiebreakers. No need for Oly to do the same.
Head to head for all 3(or more) is taken into account first. Then how they all did in division games only. Rarely are those two not going to eliminate the lowest.

So in a 3 way tie how you all did against each other in total is first. You cannot know who is favored in that formula until all 3 have played all 3. If two of them tie for worst then they look at division win/loss second.

Again, these are only trying to eliminate the bottom. That's it. Then they use head to head to break the two way tie.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry i agree with wiz i'm not interested in name calling. I prefer football discussion. If you don't want to discuss it you don't have too. But I am interested in discussing the PAC standings. Especially with all the implications in the upcoming games in regards to SC
I dont care what you are or aren't interested in. I'm not interested in repeating myself multiple times. I have discussed it, sorry you're too dumb to comprehend it the first time.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care what you are or aren't interested in. I'm not interested in repeating myself multiple times. I have discussed it, sorry you're too dumb to comprehend it the first time.
Sorry Dayman but if it is not college footballl related I'm not interested. If you don't want to discuss the topic or any other PAC topics. I'll keep it to those who do. Good luck to your Huskies the rest of the way. They have been a very impressive team this year :suds: