• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rebel_wilson_resize.jpg

Pick a tubby. It still works. lol
that's not Roseanne

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to defend $C, Texas sucks so bad they can't really do anything but troll them. $C might as well be playing San Diego St but now at least people are intrigued enough to tune in until the first quarter is over and the game is wrapped up.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA does recognize AP. Where did you get that they don't?

FBS Football
Maybe now, but it's revisionist history Oly. All D1 schools were under contract to only recognize the BCS Champion as the National Champion, every D1 coach signed off on the BCS deal in an effort to unify any split title. The fact that it didn't work, doesn't change things, it was still the deal in place at the time....

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe now, but it's revisionist history Oly. All D1 schools were under contract to only recognize the BCS Champion as the National Champion, every D1 coach signed off on the BCS deal in an effort to unify any split title. The fact that it didn't work, doesn't change things, it was still the deal in place at the time....
No Ive used NCAA sports for years even through the BCS era. they have always acknowledged it

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not funny at all.

USC wasn't asked to vacate the AP national championship. The NCAA has zero jurisdiction over who the AP chooses as its champion and still recognizes USC as its champion for that season. If the AP decides to strip USC of that title, I'm sure they'll stop counting it.

And lol @arguably the most disgraced athlete in the history of any sport having anything to say. I wonder if he uses similar logic re: his Tour De France "wins"?
Since your are willing to talk logic tf, there is no logical reason for SC to state they are 4-0 vs Texas when we all know better.

This is the reason we don't vacate losses because we end up punishing the innocent. UT had absolutely nothing to do with the SC sanctions yet in essence, they are forced to vacate a win because of it?

a2f3d39265592677d2fec2eccfd1060efa274545991ed021c7298adef42880ce.jpg

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Ive used NCAA sports for years even through the BCS era. they have always acknowledged it
Basically the NCAA sanctioned the BCS selection from 1998-2013....
The Bowl Championship Series (BCS) was a selection system that created five bowl game match-ups involving ten of the top ranked teams in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) of American college football, including an opportunity for the top two teams to compete in the BCS National Championship Game. The system was in place for the 1998 through 2013 seasons and in 2014 was replaced by the College Football Playoff.
Of course this system was put in place to unify the National title...

The BCS was created to end split championships and for the champion to win the title on the field between the two teams selected by the BCS. Despite this objective, it failed to produce a consensus champion on one occasion, as the 2003 NCAA Division I-A football season ended with a split title, with the Associated Press (AP) Poll selecting the USC Trojans and the Coaches' Poll being contractually committed to select the LSU Tigers.

I guess the AP can still name a NT Champion other than the winner of the College Football Playoffs, but it's still flies in the face of the intent of the NCAA's actions to sanction a system to unify the National Title.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the AP can still name a NT Champion other than the winner of the College Football Playoffs, but it's still flies in the face of the intent of the NCAA's actions to sanction a system to unify the National Title.

Come on now, you and I and essentially every college football fan recognize that the AP poll is more valid than anything the NCAA has ever had, the coach's poll is a joke, the BCS was a joke, a 4 team playoff is a joke.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to defend $C, Texas sucks so bad they can't really do anything but troll them. $C might as well be playing San Diego St but now at least people are intrigued enough to tune in until the first quarter is over and the game is wrapped up.

San Diego State > Texas

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear, I am a member of a Stanford board that outright bans anyone who goes political or makes ad hominem attacks. I am not a fan of that.

I may not particularly like AG's posts, his constant use of politically, racially or gender biased rants. However, one thing I like about the hoop is the latitude given to the posters.

When we, and I say we, skew into ad hominem attacks on this board, as a general rule, it has been self-correcting. Case in point is the former Oregon poster who went too far and put himself on timeout. Even OD has had moments of contrition.

I would only caution that trash talk when the member that is being talked about cannot defend themselves is a bad look.

All of that said, AG if you come back and truly think I am a liberal snowflake I am happy to meet you. Every internet tough guy I have met is pvssy (to use your word) in RL.

All most of you know is that I a Stanford fan, and I think I have let it slip I am an Atheist as well. I am happy to be on this board most days, I have learned a ton from the regulars here, enjoyed the verbal jabs, been too harsh at times when drinking, and for the most part, you all have kept on being you, and letting me be me.

Perhaps it is the banning of a poster I respected on another board, but I sill say this, as someone who has been here since the 1st edition of this thread. Fuck you fucks, I like most of you, disdain some of you, and enjoy all of you.

/end mushy rant.

TL;DR I like being here, AG is a douche but should not be talked about when he cannot defend himself.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I'm confused....has AG left?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear, I am a member of a Stanford board that outright bans anyone who goes political or makes ad hominem attacks. I am not a fan of that.

I may not particularly like AG's posts, his constant use of politically, racially or gender biased rants. However, one thing I like about the hoop is the latitude given to the posters.

When we, and I say we, skew into ad hominem attacks on this board, as a general rule, it has been self-correcting. Case in point is the former Oregon poster who went too far and put himself on timeout. Even OD has had moments of contrition.

I would only caution that trash talk when the member that is being talked about cannot defend themselves is a bad look.

All of that said, AG if you come back and truly think I am a liberal snowflake I am happy to meet you. Every internet tough guy I have met is pvssy (to use your word) in RL.

All most of you know is that I a Stanford fan, and I think I have let it slip I am an Atheist as well. I am happy to be on this board most days, I have learned a ton from the regulars here, enjoyed the verbal jabs, been too harsh at times when drinking, and for the most part, you all have kept on being you, and letting me be me.

Perhaps it is the banning of a poster I respected on another board, but I sill say this, as someone who has been here since the 1st edition of this thread. Fuck you fucks, I like most of you, disdain some of you, and enjoy all of you.

/end mushy rant.

TL;DR I like being here, AG is a douche but should not be talked about when he cannot defend himself.

Is he banned from this thread? He posted on another thread here on the college football board today ( an Oklahoma one i think). And I'm sorry but he's deserved every thing he's gotten because as bad as he's been and the names he's called everyone no one as far as I know has asked for him to be banned and no one has even blocked him. Every effort to reach out to him to just change his style to conform to what everyone else does has gone for naught. Simple requests for him to stop spamming and just write something instead of endless pictures and gifs has been fruitless. He can't go a day without the use of Cuck, phagg, ck sucker among others instead of just arguing his point like everyone else. For what ever reason he gets some sort of weird enjoyment out of being the guy everyone hates or he just can't help himself. There has been plenty of times he could have taken the other road. A few times I thought he had only to revert back to his ways. We don't live with the guy and no one has banned him. He can just act normal and after a while no one would even care. And seriously. Have you seen him defend himself? The fact he hasn't been here kept that topic only a page or two long and we moved on to bashing USCs great AP National Championship . lol

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fuck? No, pretty sure he's not banned in any form. You may continue talking about what a cocksucker he is at your leisure.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the whole "why do you keep it up if you don't even like this board" thing sank in. My advice is enjoy it while it lasts, even maybe give him credit for finally cooling the bullshit.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

/end mushy rant.

Negative ghost rider

AG not only hasn't been banned from this thread or board, but later they corrected and said he wasn't actually 'banned' from the PF, rather the site owner strongly suggested he stay out of it and I never really looked into what happened to raise his ire.

AG has been posting.

I would guess he either has finally started trying to answer for himself why he continues to post in a thread and on a board full of people he professes to despise, or he's just laying low overall because shaggy's on his 6. He had been put on timeout from the board the came from more than once from what they all said so he knows the drill and knows when to keep it low.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the whole "why do you keep it up if you don't even like this board" thing sank in. My advice is enjoy it while it lasts, even maybe give him credit for finally cooling the bullshit.
lol, I really should read what you post before I respond as way too often we are on similar wavelengths. Scary as that is.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I really should read what you post before I respond as way too often we are on similar wavelengths. Scary as that is.
You said it better.