• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because there were SOOO many condom and Fuskies fans posting endlessly on here in the off seasons when they were having down years...

I wasn't talking about you, but there was a lot less representation for them in the lean years. It shouldn't be surprising that Duck fans are scarce after the bad year they had.
Can you name any UW fan that posts up here that wasn't here before the streak ended? Sure, AG is new but migrated from a very busy site where he posted all the time. For years.

We didn't hide. We were here every off season since joining the site. Before that was on CBS with several others and posted all times of the year. Never hid or took time off after each duck win. Didn't happen. Nabb? Dayman? Regent? All here. Haven't seen any coming out of the woodwork. You're either a dawg or you aren't. You bleed purple or you are a poser and I'm just not aware of any posers up here.

Many duck fans couldn't get enough of trash talking and barking like they had something to be high about. We took every single minute of it. One loss and *poof* Gone. Seems oly and OD are really the only non posers up here.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try to pick up the posting :gaah:

I don't think many ducks fans took off. The only two I know that disappeared were Mamba and beaver shaver. And that was before last season.And Im pretty sure they didn't leave due to a bad season. Most teams have down years tho

I miss that crazy ass focker.... Him and I got along pretty good, we had some fun making fun of others...:pout:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because there were SOOO many condom and Fuskies fans posting endlessly on here in the off seasons when they were having down years...

Actually, the Trojans that are here now, were here then. Nice try though.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the Trojans that are here now, were here then. Nice try though.

To be fair to you guys, the interweb wasn't really around when $C sank to the depths the Mutts did.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to you guys, the interweb wasn't really around when $C sank to the depths the Mutts did.
And I still wore my UW gear around town all through '09. I've been there when they were at their highest and lowest which makes you appreciate what's happening now so much more.

But I haven't seen a single duck flag on a car or any of the other crap we used to see around the area up here when the ducks were flying high. I think I've seen maybe one or two cars with an O on it since last fall.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I still wore my UW gear around town all through '09. I've been there when they were at their highest and lowest which makes you appreciate what's happening now so much more.

But I haven't seen a single duck flag on a car or any of the other crap we used to see around the area up here when the ducks were flying high. I think I've seen maybe one or two cars with an O on it since last fall.

Yeah well that's kind of Oregon's fanbase isn't it. Kind of like a chunk of Seahawks fans that go buy all the gear but once they start losing the 12th man flag will come down?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea who was here many years ago. I just know since I have been here Duck fans were pretty ruthless to the Husky fans. Way more than Husky fans have been since their victory. I just felt bad for the Husky fans that they didn't get their change to rub it in.
Can't speak for anyone else of course, but the looks on the faces of the fans in the stands during that game more than made up for all the years of their BS online. In fact, I think I still have that on my dvr so maybe this weekend I need to pop that back on and slow play those scenes when they pan the crowd. That's payment enough.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah well that's kind of Oregon's fanbase isn't it. Kind of like a chunk of Seahawks fans that go buy all the gear but once they start losing the 12th man flag will come down?
You know full well hawk fans support their team no matter their record. It's still impressive to me that they kept their sellout streak alive well after their first SB run when they had a few sub .500 seasons.

There's no doubt there are more UW jackets and shirts around town now than a few years ago. Goes without saying. But there was never a lack of hard core fans. The problem with guessing how many is the ticket sales declined after they renovated the stadium because they drastically raised prices and pissed the students off big time moving them to the back of the end zone from the outstanding seats they had before that.

If they'd just stop going half ass on the booze and dump that stupid 'zone' beer garden crap and just go ahead and sell beer to everyone with ID they'd fix 90% of their issues. I mean you can go buy a beer now if you are on the club level so spare me the college campus angle. If you can sell to one, you can sell to all. Shit or get off the pot.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know full well hawk fans support their team no matter their record. It's still impressive to me that they kept their sellout streak alive well after their first SB run when they had a few sub .500 seasons.

There's no doubt there are more UW jackets and shirts around town now than a few years ago. Goes without saying. But there was never a lack of hard core fans. The problem with guessing how many is the ticket sales declined after they renovated the stadium because they drastically raised prices and pissed the students off big time moving them to the back of the end zone from the outstanding seats they had before that.

If they'd just stop going half ass on the booze and dump that stupid 'zone' beer garden crap and just go ahead and sell beer to everyone with ID they'd fix 90% of their issues. I mean you can go buy a beer now if you are on the club level so spare me the college campus angle. If you can sell to one, you can sell to all. Shit or get off the pot.

No, I know damn well real Seahawks fans support their team, but the 12 flag just became a thing to most people in the NW and they will be coming down from the average person's house and car when they start losing again.

I will never judge a fanbase like the Dawgs do to tickets sales and sellouts. We have a rabid fanbase and rarely sell out our HS stadiums anymore. When the schools, conference and NCAA have actually made it better overall to stay at home and watch the game I can't blame anyone for not going or selling their tickets or whatever. I know UW has a great football base hence so many coaches since James, basketball not so much or Romar would've been gone years ago.

Agree with the beer sales but college lawyers are completely against it because of liability. Every other sport is easier to check ID's because there isn't as many fans and there are more breaks to go get beer. It'd be nice though if they pulled a bar thing and had the professional security wrist band guys outside the stadium or something to show their 21..just a thought.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we've discussed this before, but there are more falling down drunks at games that don't serve general admission beer. People like our tailgate get just plastered on hard booze mostly before games because you know you are going to have to ride that high for a long time. There are two games last season I don't remember walking to the stadium. Many people sneak in flasks/airplane bottles etc and spike their drinks. It's everywhere.

If you want to buy beer there they sell it freely to people in the club sections and they have a small outdoor area kind of above the student section that is also inside the stadium where anyone can go buy it, but they can't take many people. So most either head back to their tailgate at half time to drink more hard booze, or they go out to 'the zone' which is that beer garden that is behind the open end of the stadium in tents on one of their practice fields. Of course this causes half the stadium to be empty at the kick off of the second half. It's stupid.

You end up with people that are way more liquored up than they would be simply drinking overpriced beer and lose a lot of your advantage in the 3rd quarter of nearly every game.

If they can take ID's and manage it at the club levels, beer garden, and that one open area inside the stadium, then they can easily do it everywhere else.

The students have their own section with their own food vendors and whatnot. Simply don't serve it there. Don't serve to anyone past the midway point of the 3rd quarter to give people time to sober up. You'd have less problems, not more.

And FWIW, I don't leave at half time unless it's to take a piss and grab a bite or something. I am always in my seat to open the 3rd. Fuck those jackasses that pick booze over football. Fags.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And FWIW, I don't leave at half time unless it's to take a piss and grab a bite or something. I am always in my seat to open the 3rd. Fuck those jackasses that pick booze over football. Fags.

Translation = I have a flask.

:lol:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:whistle:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well but you haven't seen me in Olympia so...
I wore an Oregon shirt the next day after the loss to UW.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell I got buddies that are standing there ground about the Ducks, ( and remind me all the time :L)
It's good to be knocked down from time to time, keeps the real fans "real"......

And Mamba is one of the real fans I believe he left here cause of the chaos.......

And Shaver, well I'm sure he's bugging the shit out of someone some where else.......

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did say you and OD weren't posers didn't I? I'm sure even you have seen far less representation around your area than was typical the last several years. A lot more of the fair weather fans have disappeared and won't be heard from again unless/until they get on a roll again.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I got buddies that are standing there ground about the Ducks, ( and remind me all the time :L)
It's good to be knocked down from time to time, keeps the real fans "real"......

And Mamba is one of the real fans I believe he left here cause of the chaos.......

And Shaver, well I'm sure he's bugging the shit out of someone some where else.......
Mamba's doing fine and there is no chance he ever abandons his team. I didn't count those two because they were already gone before the wheels came off the bus. Just like IB isn't here to enjoy the spoils of UW's return. People come and go. One duck fan tried to suggest two fan bases up here have changed substantially since their teams are playing better and both questioned him on it. There are neither more new UW/USC fans, nor are the ones that have always been here really posting more than they ever did. Same old poeple now with more upbeat things to post about and far less to piss and moan about.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did say you and OD weren't posers didn't I? I'm sure even you have seen far less representation around your area than was typical the last several years. A lot more of the fair weather fans have disappeared and won't be heard from again unless/until they get on a roll again.
Right now most are pretending football season never happened but recruiting did and now basketball