• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, why is there a lack of talent or depth? They hired from within. They kept the same system. I didn't hear of mass exodus when Chip left. In fact according to Duck fans the ship would still be on course nothing would change, same system same type of players.
they did not keep the same system

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, why is there a lack of talent or depth? They hired from within. They kept the same system. I didn't hear of mass exodus when Chip left. In fact according to Duck fans the ship would still be on course nothing would change, same system same type of players.
and again depth is on kelly for the older guys. in between there is depth and we are seeing it because of the number of injuries.
there is of course also early departures and transfers.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's what I was saying. This is the same crew taking on the same plug and play system and yet here we are with bare cupboards and a few of their fans more or less defending the guy responsible for it.

When you have great athletes quite a few will bail after their Jr year. Hell, even UW has dealt with that recently and they haven't been THAT good. But you MUST have the kids behind them ready to go.

It's one thing to miss on QB's. Tedford did that, others have. It's hard. But the ENTIRE defense?

Helfrich hired Hoke. Hoke is broke as a joke. That's on him. They aren't getting any better as the season wears on, and in fact are getting far worse. Sure, a couple of injuries, but really? You don't have the active starters to play and have beyond pathetic depth. That's on the coaches. I mean that's what they are there for.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. I baited you with your QB situation. That's funny.
you said it yourself you enjoyed getting what you perceived as a rise out of me and other duck fans. i actually got more annoyed because of the circular nature of it all.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now im confused we were talking about Oregon being a young team. talking about lack of JR and SR presence. I said thats on Kelly but you bring up Helf and this class/year. he cant go back to 12 and 13 to fix 16
Yes, you are very confused and I'm afraid we cannot help you much.

Helfrich has been on that team for how many years?
Set aside the offense because outside of the whole QB thing that side hasn't been bad.
Defense? Aliotti retired and who was responsible for replacing him? And who hired Hoke? Has that side of the ball gotten ANY better in ANY position? Or has it been getting worse and worse and impressively worse?

What person in that school is responsible for that problem?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the name of the game is out score not out gain. the team with the most yards doesnt always win. the team with the most points always does.

And there's the flaw in the Oregon way in a nut shell. Dont care how much the other team runs up and down on our defense we will try to outscore them. And if we lost we didn't score enough. Never mind that actual championship teams have good to great defenses.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there's the flaw in the Oregon way in a nut shell. Dont care how much the other team runs up and down on our defense we will try to outscore them. And if we lost we didn't score enough. Never mind that actual championship teams have good to great defenses.
Oregon has never had a good defense based on yards. they used to have a solid scoring defense thats where their focus was bend dont break give teams all they wanted to the red zone hold them to FG. it didnt always work that way but thats how they operated.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oly, I'm not saying you must fire Helfrich. I know it's more complicated and you have to have a plan if you do that will most likely mean radical change and several years to get things right. It's a big step. I'm just assigning blame for why you are here and asking why it happened. I'm not 'Jim'ing you. Lol

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you give up almost six hundred yards , 260 of them on the ground your defense is why you lost.

I'd like to think our D had something to do with that as well. Our Dline put pressure on their QB all day and we held Freeman, whose considered one of the top backs in the nation, to 50 yds. We're also one of the best in the nation of making teams pay for turning the ball over. You turn the ball over against us, we're usually turning them into points.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you said it yourself you enjoyed getting what you perceived as a rise out of me and other duck fans. i actually got more annoyed because of the circular nature of it all.

I thought it was funny how much you tried and tried to argue what we all know now was the truth. It's been obvious to everyone here ,especially with you guys using to rentals in back to back years. I was just dumbfounded that you would keep replying and defended the QB situation. I'm not some contrarian whos here just to cause drama. Ive been wrong about plenty of things and have been called out too. I thought Stanford was going to be the top team in the north. Was way off on that.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the name of the game is out score not out gain. the team with the most yards doesnt always win. the team with the most points always does.
Correct, they did outscore.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, they did outscore.
and in re to the Nebraska game they out scored because oregon did not kick the extra points that would have won the game.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was funny how much you tried and tried to argue what we all know now was the truth. It's been obvious to everyone here ,especially with you guys using to rentals in back to back years. I was just dumbfounded that you would keep replying and defended the QB situation. I'm not some contrarian whos here just to cause drama. Ive been wrong about plenty of things and have been called out too. I thought Stanford was going to be the top team in the north. Was way off on that.
and I still to this min stand by many points to my defense of the situation. the transfers, and even if they havent panned out where they transfered to still doesnt mean they woulndt have at Oregon. the miss on Lockie that cant be foreseen in recruiting, doing what was necessary to win b getting transfers in(and it worked last year with Adams but not this year with Prukop)

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I still to this min stand by many points to my defense of the situation. the transfers, and even if they havent panned out where they transfered to still doesnt mean they woulndt have at Oregon. the miss on Lockie that cant be foreseen in recruiting, doing what was necessary to win b getting transfers in(and it worked last year with Adams but not this year with Prukop)

Wow. Still delusional. Haven't panned out? Transfers,? Missing on -insert name of QB? None of that is on the coaches huh? They get bailed out once by a 5th year transfer from another school and this year it blows up in their face in epic fashion. But you stand by you're point. While Rome burns.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and in re to the Nebraska game they out scored because oregon did not kick the extra points that would have won the game.
Yes, but your defense was still a big factor. You don't have to pick between the two... if your defense was better you would have won, just like if you kicked extra points you would have won.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but your defense was still a big factor. You don't have to pick between the two... if your defense was better you would have won, just like if you kicked extra points you would have won.

Correct. If the game was a 14 to 17 game and you didnt allow them to run for 100 yards and throw for 200 then your defense played good enough for you to win no matter which team you were. You allow over 400 yards and 600 yards then your defense was poor even if you won and more so if you lost.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know that's not entirely true right? I mean teams make play calls and decisions based on the actual situation at that time. If you had more points, Nebraska probably makes different decisions down the road.

The truth is had Helfrich not been a total and complete idiot with that forced 2pt thing over and over, we have no idea if you would have managed to have won. That's the truth.

So all we know is your head coach removed the chance to find out with a dumb policy.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

10172015-HuskiesOregonGalleryNew_05-1020x782.jpg

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Feldman's Top 5 Heisman Trophy candidates after Week 6
2. Jake Browning, Washington, QB
He's vaulted into the mix after a couple of jaw-dropping performances by the Huskies over the past two weeks. Both Oregon and Stanford are down this year, but Browning's brilliance shouldn't be ignored. He's completing 72 percent of his passes and he has a strong 23-2 TD-INT ratio. Better still, in first half play -- before all these games turned into blowouts -- he's been at his best, completing 75 percent and throwing 15 TDs and no picks.

100916-CFB-Jake-Browning-7-LF-PI.vadapt.767.high.52.jpg

b6e99a9ffe.jpg

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find the culture that certain schools have of scapegoating assistants to the point of being fired and even firing HCs a few games into the season is just disgusting. Too often fanbases these days vomit out, "yahh, we'll our expectations of success is higher than your schools obviously so ...." as some justification for it all. Maybe I'm getting soft in my 40s, but I just hate how coaches are getting fired in Sept or mid season these days in the college ranks.

Yeah, it used to be that a new coach would get at least 3-4 years. Now, it seems like they are expected to turn things around immediately.