• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find the culture that certain schools have of scapegoating assistants to the point of being fired and even firing HCs a few games into the season is just disgusting. Too often fanbases these days vomit out, "yahh, we'll our expectations of success is higher than your schools obviously so ...." as some justification for it all. Maybe I'm getting soft in my 40s, but I just hate how coaches are getting fired in Sept or mid season these days in the college ranks.

I hope cooler heads prevail at Oregon and they don't fire Helfrich because it sets a bad precedent for that program. Yes, I don't like them and want them to lose as much as possible in horrific nightmare like fashion. :)
But, I don't like to see any PAC school promoting a culture like that. Yes, life is rough and good people get screwed over all the time in the real world. Something all the players and fans will face through their lives, but still, football has a certain culture to it. I don't like to see it crapped on by those just interested in a cheat to win and chasing dollar mentality.
I hope so too. I keep telling my fb friends to chill out. fire Helf now and its losing seasons for a few years. bring in someone new and it takes 2 or 3 years to get close to winning with whatever changes they make. if people are calling for Helfs head now are they gonna give the new guy 2-3 years or ill they start calling for that guys head too.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so too. I keep telling my fb friends to chill out. fire Helf now and its losing seasons for a few years. bring in someone new and it takes 2 or 3 years to get close to winning with whatever changes they make. if people are calling for Helfs head now are they gonna give the new guy 2-3 years or ill they start calling for that guys head too.
How long would you like to see him get? If they don't get things turned around this year, say they win two more games and don't make a bowl, do you want him to get one more year?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long would you like to see him get? If they don't get things turned around this year, say they win two more games and don't make a bowl, do you want him to get one more year?
The ducks are young. They have like 4 total senior starters across both the offense and defense. Like 3 on one side and 1 on the other. They are starting a lot of underclassmen particularly on the offensive line.

On the one hand maybe you say give them a chance to see if they develop and grow. On the other hand you ask what the fucking hell that staff has been doing the last 3 years to the point where they have no damned seniors or solid juniors to put out there?

Can say this. It will present some interesting drama over the next few months as fans and pundits debate that staffs fate.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on youth and injury it woulndt bother me.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ducks are young. They have like 4 total senior starts across both the offense and defense. Like 3 on one side and 1 on the other. They are starting a lot of underclassmen particularly on the offensive line.

On the one hand maybe you say give them a chance to see if they develop and grow. On the other hand you ask what the fucking hell that staff has been doing the last 3 years to the point where they have no damned seniors or solid juniors to put out there?

Can say this. It will present some interesting drama over the next few months as fans and pundits debate that staffs fate.
seniors and Juniors are on Kelly though

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seniors and Juniors are on Kelly though
No, not having either more of the seniors and juniors OR developed underclassmen behind them is on this staff.

I'm assuming there are actually more than 4 total seniors on that team. Are you suggesting Kelly left the cupboards bare and they are so bad they were forced to play a whole lot of unready, but higher ceiling kids to make up for it? And if so, where is the development of that talent?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never said it was other ducks it was just other people fans from other teams telling me not to feed the troll. you being the troll

Feed the troll?lol. I wasn't on some SEC board trying to stir things up. I was trying to see how you could defend Oregons lack of home grown QBs that they trusted enough to play instead of getting rentals. You obviously couldn't do it and people felt sorry for you.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feed the troll?lol. I wasn't on some SEC board trying to stir things up. I was trying to see how you could defend Oregons lack of home grown QBs that they trusted enough to play instead of getting rentals. You obviously couldn't do it and people felt sorry for you.
actually they called you a baiting troll. their words not mine.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not having either more of the seniors and juniors OR developed underclassmen behind them is on this staff.

I'm assuming there are actually more than 4 total seniors on that team. Are you suggesting Kelly left the cupboards bare and they are so bad they were forced to play a whole lot of unready, but higher ceiling kids to make up for it? And if so, where is the development of that talent?
Helf took over in 13 after the season so between the bowl and signing day, barely a month, made the 13 class his first signing but the recruiting was on Kelly. so the red shirt seniors, actual seniors and red shirt Juniors are on Kelly

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact is they gave up that much and had they kicked extra points would have won. so in the end wasnt the defense

If you give up almost six hundred yards , 260 of them on the ground your defense is why you lost.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helf took over in 13 after the season so between the bowl and signing day, barely a month, made the 13 class his first signing but the recruiting was on Kelly. so the red shirt seniors, actual seniors and red shirt Juniors are on Kelly
And Helf has had two years to address this class/year. What has he been doing these last two years? That's the point man. You can have a down year. That happens to even the great ones. But you can't blow the fuck up and end up having the worst defense in the power 5 conferences. AFTER hiring your new DC. That can't happen. Ever.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you give up almost six hundred yards , 260 of them on the ground your defense is why you lost.
Oregon scored 5 TD and went for 2 on all of them. converted 1. 32 points. had they not done that beyond the first one which had been their MO for years and just kicked the extra points they would have had 36 points. Nebraska scored 35. it doesnt matter if they had 600 yards 700 yards or 100 yards if they scored 35 points and oregon could have had 36 by kicking some extra points thats why they lost. I was at the game even the Nebraska fans agreed with me. kick the extra point win the game. or at the very least tie and go to OT.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon scored 5 TD and went for 2 on all of them. converted 1. 32 points. had they not done that beyond the first one which had been their MO for years and just kicked the extra points they would have had 36 points. Nebraska scored 35. it doesnt matter if they had 600 yards 700 yards or 100 yards if they scored 35 points and oregon could have had 36 by kicking some extra points thats why they lost. I was at the game even the Nebraska fans agreed with me. kick the extra point win the game. or at the very least tie and go to OT.
that and penalties.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Helf has had two years to address this class/year. What has he been doing these last two years? That's the point man. You can have a down year. That happens to even the great ones. But you can't blow the fuck up and end up having the worst defense in the power 5 conferences. AFTER hiring your new DC. That can't happen. Ever.

The thing is, why is there a lack of talent or depth? They hired from within. They kept the same system. I didn't hear of mass exodus when Chip left. In fact according to Duck fans the ship would still be on course nothing would change, same system same type of players.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now im confused we were talking about Oregon being a young team. talking about lack of JR and SR presence. I said thats on Kelly but you bring up Helf and this class/year. he cant go back to 12 and 13 to fix 16

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a major contributor at least.
the name of the game is out score not out gain. the team with the most yards doesnt always win. the team with the most points always does.