• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Pretty much became a Seahawks fan when that snake-eating bitch took the Rams to St. Louis.

LOL. I call her even worse names. I've been a Seahawk fan since Pete went up there

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was totally against the PAC16 from the beginning.

Adding Texas would of been a nightmare longterm for the PAC and would of planted the seeds of it's eventual destruction. Sure they bring a massive alunmi base filled with football addicts and an AD budget that makes your head dizzy, but the school expects to dictate policy for the conference it belongs to and also get the majority cut of all revenues. Plus the LongHorn Network B.S.

Eventually, Texas would of tried to orchestrate a breakup of the conference to create one where they call all the shots. Most likely grabbing Utah, Colorado, and both Zona schools in the process.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Pretty much became a Seahawks fan when that snake-eating bitch took the Rams to St. Louis.

LOL. I call her even worse names. I've been a Seahawk fan since Pete went up there
silence-traitor.gif

756c9014ab75e507cc35417dd77d1b98.jpg

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told SC fans, I too have called her worse...:gaah:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When your gf leaves you. You don't still follow her around. I was a die hard rams fan. I remember being a little kid and crying when the Vikings beat them in the Coliseum for a trip to the Super Bowl. But when that witch took them I stopped caring about them.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC makes the biggest jump in the country in the ESPN future rankings . Looks like SC fans aren't delusional or alone feeling the Trojans are poised to regain their top spot in the PAC ( in a year not this year). USC was 6th in the nation in recruiting since 2011. So even durring the sanctions top talent wanted to go to SC but depth and now with the shakels off USC will probably be neck and neck with Alabama for top spot in recruiting. Those experts agree that USC is set for multiple NC runs with Oregon , Stanford and UCLA taking turns with a year here and there but not set up for consecutive runs.

College Football Future Rankings 2014 - Projecting top 25 programs over next three years - ESPN

Last edited by a moderator:

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
USC makes the biggest jump in the country in the ESPN future rankings . Looks like SC fans aren't delusional or alone feeling the Trojans are poised to regain their top spot in the PAC ( in a year not this year). USC was 6th in the nation in recruiting since 2011. So even durring the sanctions top talent wanted to go to SC but depth and now with the shakels off USC will probably be neck and neck with Alabama for top spot in recruiting. Those experts agree that USC is set for multiple NC runs with Oregon , Stanford and UCLA taking turns with a year here and there but not set up for consecutive runs.

College Football Future Rankings 2014 - Projecting top 25 programs over next three years - ESPN

If ESPN projects it it must be true. It's not like they have a vested interest in SC doing well and hyping up their recruiting.

Their prospect scouting in the western half of the country is by far the worst of any of the major services. In addition to that what "coverage" they do have is highly concentrated on USC due to their partnership with We Are SC. Whatever coverage they have left goes to UCLA and Oregon and one in awhile you get a Stanford recruiting story.

But beyond that, even though I think SC's recruits may be over ranked by ESPN compared to the rest of the PAC , their recruiting isn't the issue. They have had some great classes. They will have great classes. The reason I don't think they will win in the near future is I'm not sold on Sark as a play caller. I don't think he's a good coach. I was really happy USC hired him. Yes, he'll get a few great recruiting classes at first, but the kids will see he can't coach and it will end. I think he's like Rick Neuheisal.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your gf leaves you. You don't still follow her around. I was a die hard rams fan. I remember being a little kid and crying when the Vikings beat them in the Coliseum for a trip to the Super Bowl. But when that witch took them I stopped caring about them.
I understand your analogy but Georgia FrontandRearie stole our team IMO however I know what you're getting at.

Now there's been a lot of time between the day FrontandRearie took our team in 94' and the time your boy Petey ran off to the Northwest in 10' to avoid the NCAA sanctions.

Did you follow any other NFL team from 95' to 09'?

Just curious, because I tried to leave 'em myself where I actually followed the Packers from 95' to 97'.

I bought all the gear and enjoyed the SB in 97' too however found myself peeking in on the Rams all along the way so I relented to my first love and put away all the GB gear for good mid-season in 98' to follow my Rams full time once again.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your analogy but Georgia FrontandRearie stole our team IMO however I know what you're getting at.

Now there's been a lot of time between the day FrontandRearie took our team in 94' and the time your boy Petey ran off to the Northwest in 10' to avoid the NCAA sanctions.

Did you follow any other NFL team from 95' to 09'?

Just curious, because I tried to leave 'em myself where I actually followed the Packers from 95' to 97'.

I bought all the gear and enjoyed the SB in 97' too however found myself peeking in on the Rams all along the way so I relented to my first love and put away all the GB gear for good mid-season in 98' to follow my Rams full time once again.

I know this sounds blasphemous but I've had to follow the Niners because 8 out of ten of my friends happen to be niner fans. What I mean follow is they invite for playoff games and super bowl and i don;t cheer the other team as much as i want to lol. But come playoffs I was openly rooting for the Seahawks because of Pete and how many college fans said he'd suck as a head coach in the NFL.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ESPN projects it it must be true. It's not like they have a vested interest in SC doing well and hyping up their recruiting.

Their prospect scouting in the western half of the country is by far the worst of any of the major services. In addition to that what "coverage" they do have is highly concentrated on USC due to their partnership with We Are SC. Whatever coverage they have left goes to UCLA and Oregon and one in awhile you get a Stanford recruiting story.

But beyond that, even though I think SC's recruits may be over ranked by ESPN compared to the rest of the PAC , their recruiting isn't the issue. They have had some great classes. They will have great classes. The reason I don't think they will win in the near future is I'm not sold on Sark as a play caller. I don't think he's a good coach. I was really happy USC hired him. Yes, he'll get a few great recruiting classes at first, but the kids will see he can't coach and it will end. I think he's like Rick Neuheisal.

I find it funny that you think USCs players are "over ranked" by ESPN when Rivals and Scout have USC either first or second to only Alabama in star average. I guess they all conspire against your team. It must be amazing to you they haven't dropped Rosen to 10th in the country. As far as not being sold on Sark as a play caller. He's an ex QB who's had experience running the O at SC and he's got the talent to now run a quick offense with 5 and 4 star players that he didn't have at washington. I'd say on paper it could work well. You gotta sit back and see like the rest of us. Personally i think he's just gotta call good plays and let the athletes do their thing. No need to get complicated no need to come up with tons of mis direction gimmick plays because you don't match up physically.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unable to read due to not an insider. can you give us a breakdown?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unable to read due to not an insider. can you give us a breakdown?

I have the same user name there so not smart for me to put it all here but it just said USC jumped up to the sixth spot with Oregon UCLA and Stanford the other PAC teams near the top (Oregon was 8th) with a bright future when you conciser coach, recruits, facilities , location (reason why Oregon wasn't higher), Money ( reason why Oregon has a good chance to stay near the top).

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the same user name there so not smart for me to put it all here but it just said USC jumped up to the sixth spot with Oregon UCLA and Stanford the other PAC teams near the top (Oregon was 8th) with a bright future when you conciser coach, recruits, facilities , location (reason why Oregon wasn't higher), Money ( reason why Oregon has a good chance to stay near the top).

Sorry I mean who are the top 25

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I find it funny that you think USCs players are "over ranked" by ESPN when Rivals and Scout have USC either first or second to only Alabama in star average. I guess they all conspire against your team. It must be amazing to you they haven't dropped Rosen to 10th in the country. As far as not being sold on Sark as a play caller. He's an ex QB who's had experience running the O at SC and he's got the talent to now run a quick offense with 5 and 4 star players that he didn't have at washington. I'd say on paper it could work well. You gotta sit back and see like the rest of us. Personally i think he's just gotta call good plays and let the athletes do their thing. No need to get complicated no need to come up with tons of mis direction gimmick plays because you don't match up physically.

I find Scout, Rivals and 247 to be much more accurate than ESPN. ESPN has very little if any high school presence west of Texas. They severely under rank most West coast prospects compared to how they should be. Most Pac recruiting classes will be underrated on ESPN as a result. And UCLA is not hurt by the USC bias on the site. They go after many of the same recruits. It's more like schools like Washington, Oregon and ASU who get hurt in their recruiting rankings. But the main point is ESPN has no clue about high school football West of Texas and their evaluations are rather useless.

As for Sark's coaching, we'll see but I'm not scared at all.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I mean who are the top 25

1. Bama
2. Florida State
3.TOSU
4.LSU
5. Auburn
6. USC
7. Okl
8. Georgia
9.ND
10.Tejas
11. Clemson
12. T A&M
13. Oregon ( they dropped from last time at 8, didn't catch that)
14. Florida
15. Stanford
16. UCLA
17. Michigan State
18. South Carolina
19. Baylor
20. Michigan
21 OK State
22 Penn st.
23. Va tech
24. Louisville
25. Miami

Doesn't look good for the Washington fans who talk about how the facilities and peterson are going to vault them to higher pastures. USC got a huge bump from 25th last year to 6th.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-7 I got no issue Georgia, Notre Dame, and texas are iffy and im guessing mostly there due to history. But recently I dont see ow they are ahead. but how are Clemson and Texas A&M ahead of Oregon at all?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-7 I got no issue Georgia, Notre Dame, and texas are iffy and im guessing mostly there due to history. But recently I dont see ow they are ahead. but how are Clemson and Texas A&M ahead of Oregon at all?

Well they went by. Recent recruiting success (that usually results in better teams down the road)-
Facilities
coaches
if the program has money ( for recruiting- coaches salaries)
location (easier sell Austin over Madison)
current talent level

Here's A&M

Coaching: Kevin Sumlin could have had the USC job or a handful of NFL jobs if he wanted them. But he wants to make A&M a winner, and the strides have been admirable so far. The Aggies have shown they can beat anyone, including Alabama and Oklahoma. They've also shown that they have to overcome a shaky defense to do so.

DC Mark Snyder is highly respected by his peers, but Sumlin's hand could be forced if the defense -- 109th in yards per play in 2013 -- does not show some semblance of improvement.

"That defense was a disaster a year ago," Huard said. "They didn't want to hit. They didn't want to tackle."

In short, the personnel is lacking. Rival coaches were literally laughing at some of the players who had to play big snaps last season. I recently heard an interesting name for a Snyder replacement: Muschamp. But a lot would have to happen for that to come to pass.

OC Jake Spavital is a rising star in the game. His work to keep Johnny Manziel focused and on task is not to be undervalued. That was a daily challenge.

Current talent: The Aggies are now in the position of replacing the most exciting QB of our generation.

"Everyone is intrigued to see what lies after Johnny Football," Huard said. "Is it that different than Florida after Tebow or Colt McCoy at Texas.

"I've got to see life after Johnny. I really, really do. Anyone who says it's no problem, I just think that's putting a whole lot of faith into a lot of unknowns. As much as I respect and appreciate Sumlin, that dude [Manziel] was a game-changer at quarterback."

This year, it will be either sophomore Kenny Hill or freshman Kyle Allen, but those close to the program are already calling '15 commitment Kyler Murray "a more polished Johnny Football."

Now those are some expectations for a kid with another semester in high school ...

Recruiting: Murray's decision included, A&M might be the hottest recruiting ticket in the country. It currently has the No. 3-ranked class, according to RecruitingNation.

Luginbill wondered if the Aggies are getting too big, too fast when it comes to recruiting . But that's a question for another day.

For now, A&M has to get players on campus, especially on defense. This fall the Ags will add No. 1 DE Myles Garrett, No. 9 DT DeShawn Washington and No. 12 OLB Otaro Alaka, a late victory for A&M over Texas. In the 2015 class, A&M has a commitment from five-star DT Daylon Mack.

Title path: As far as the Aggies have come, you see how far they have to go to truly be on the same level as Alabama, LSU and Auburn. Starting this season at South Carolina was not a favor, either.

Program power: While most programs are cutting back on stadium expansion, A&M is adding seats and completely overhauling Kyle Field at the not-so-modest cost of $450 million.

Sumlin loves telling the story that a quarter of that money was privately raised in a week's time; there's plenty of support, which is why Sumlin did not take those other jobs.

With support also comes pressure, but the Aggies seem to be having a good time right now building a program

Here's Oregon

Coaching: Frankly, as of right now, there isn't a tremendous amount of faith in second-year coach Mark Helfrich.

"I think Oregon will be a seven-win program in three years," someone familiar with the program told me this week while I was in Portland, Oregon, for the Elite 11 finals. "[Helfrich] seems like a nice guy, but I don't think he's the right guy for the job."

Edwards wasn't that direct, but he agreed there are questions after Year 1. "It's too early to really say with any certainty what kind of coach he is," Edwards said. "The odds are against being able to promote the offensive coordinator as many times in a row and it being successful each time."

The Stanford loss last fall was one thing, Edwards added, but getting crushed by Arizona was another. Recall that the Ducks were saying that week that the Rose Bowl was beneath them.

"Everyone said that would not have happened under Chip Kelly," Edwards said. "You would not have had guys complaining about the Rose Bowl and then come out flat in a conference game. That was kind of a strike one on Helfrich in the minds of a lot of people."

Add to that a change at DC with Nick Aliotti retiring after 17 years. That's more uncertainty, even if his replacement, Don Pellum, had coached Oregon's LBs for 13 years.

"I don't think there's a close No. 2 when it comes to the pressure to win right now," Huard said. "That's not a hot-seat conversation. It's a reality of where their program is, to the heights that Kelly took it. You kind of have to win now or else."

Current talent: A big reason for Huard saying that is that Oregon has such an experienced team in 2014. For now, with QB Marcus Mariota and CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu leading the way, the Ducks are loaded.

They should be a playoff team. But Oregon, thanks largely to Stanford, has had a way of falling just short of big expectations.

"If you don't get over that hump with an NFL franchise quarterback, and with the way the conference is improving around you, when do you win?" Huard said.

Recruiting: The past three times we've ranked Oregon classes 18th, 26th and 27th. (The Ducks are currently 18th.) That does not preclude a program from success, but it doesn't suggest elite-level talent, either. The Ducks have been outstanding at ID'ing players for their system, but is that sustainable in an increasingly difficult conference?

There are real questions about who will follow Mariota, or what that plan is. Four-star Travis Waller, who participated in the Elite 11 finals and The Opening, did not draw rave reviews from our recruiting analysts.

Title path: "Even if Chip [Kelly] were still there, I don't know that it would make a huge difference," Edwards said. "I think the fact that USC is getting its scholarship numbers back changes the landscape of that conference. It no longer sets up where Oregon and Stanford can just dominate and it basically comes down to who wins the [Pac-12] North."

It's fair to ask: How open is Oregon's window?

Program power: Despite a somewhat gloomy picture being painted, Oregon still does have one heck of an ace in Nike owner Phil Knight.

He supported the endeavor to make the Oregon brand what it is. You think he's just going to let that wither?

Knight is the biggest reason that the Ducks are still an 8.8 in this category.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm
well in other news The Pac 12 will now be playing in the Cactus Bowl.
formerly the Copper bowl then Insight.com and most recently the Buffalo Wild Wings bowl.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No opinion on their revue of the Oregon program?

Status
Not open for further replies.