• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See thats the thing though it was to get to the conference championship game. in other words keeping up with other conferences. three have moved to 14 teams now.
if recruting is a factor what about a move into Texas?

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Texas and the Dwarf of their choosing come in but I thought that deal has already been looked at and passed on not once but twice.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Texas and the Dwarf of their choosing come in but I thought that deal has already been looked at and passed on not once but twice.

Just the once i thought.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero and none.

Seriously, it took many years of frustrated back and forth to get the conference members to agree to go to 12 and that was ONLY to get the CCG and the extra credibility that the winner got toward the national title.

There is absolutely no way the teams not in Cali give up trips to that region and there is no way to add more and not remove those trips. Every talk of expansion is 1000000% about those games in front of the fertile recruiting grounds in that state. Every team not in Cali has one guaranteed road game in that state right now. You think Oregon wants to give that up? Not on your life and neither does any of the rest of us.

Zero.

I dont see why they would have to give up a trip into california if you keep the 4 Cal schools split

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the once i thought.

I'm pretty sure they looked into joining the Pac before they joined the Big 8 now Big 12, when the old SWC was folding but Stanford was against it, but it was long enough ago that I don't know for sure..

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see why they would have to give up a trip into california if you keep the 4 Cal schools split

With the current setup you are only guaranteed one trip a year into cali for all teams not a cali school.

This season UW is @Cal and it's their only road trip to the state. You flip flop and one year have one, next year have two. You play the two schools in the other division in a home and home then go two years without seeing them.

Adding more schools would dilute that even more and I can flat out guarantee you none of the non cali schools are in favor of it. The cali schools themselves don't care as long as they all play each other every year and that's part of the problem. They never skip a cali school while all of the rest of us do.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You look great in Oregon Duck green Wiz and TF12!!

Congrats and a tip o' the hat...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounders and Seahawks have green as well. I mean Oregon isn't trying to take credit for inventing a color now too are they?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounders and Seahawks have green as well. I mean Oregon isn't trying to take credit for inventing a color now too are they?

One moment, I need to get my school to go trademark it :whistle:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought of that. Well the Seagulls anyways. But TF12!! Doesnt have a green team.

But solyent green is peoples

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beavs have landed a commit from OC Beau Hott (Plano, TX)

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my goodness!

1st WallUSC and now Trojhawk12!! :doh:

I guess you don't do the NFL board much. TF12 has been a seahawks fan for a long time. Has told the story. Think we talked about it on this board too. We might be enemies on Saturdays, but we are brothas on Sundays.

:suds:

So while you all did bring in 3 more Pac12'ers and two of them are condoms :-)tsk:) you also brought in two more Seahawks which should make all of the folks on the NFL boards rejoice in song and dance.

:lol:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the current setup you are only guaranteed one trip a year into cali for all teams not a cali school.

This season UW is @Cal and it's their only road trip to the state. You flip flop and one year have one, next year have two. You play the two schools in the other division in a home and home then go two years without seeing them.

Adding more schools would dilute that even more and I can flat out guarantee you none of the non cali schools are in favor of it. The cali schools themselves don't care as long as they all play each other every year and that's part of the problem. They never skip a cali school while all of the rest of us do.

I was thinking of it as who ever they add will be south unless hell freezes over and somehow Boise State gets an invite. so move Utah to the north you still have Oregon Stanford Washington and Oregon State every few years as your top shelf and it gets a little tougher in the middle. you still have your Cal or Stanford every year. adding the additional team makes division play a 6 game schedule and just rotate 3 instead of 4 from the other side. I would think there could be a way to make it work

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of our schools were against this alignment as it is. Under the Pac10 we had two road games in cali every single year and moving that to two every other year with one guaranteed each year was a big sticking point in preventing this expansion for many years. Remember this discussion came up in the early 90's after UW got hosed on the split national title. It was actually loosely discussed before that after the '84 fiasco. There were talks about it off and on for years with the cali schools unwilling to EVER part with playing each other every season and the rest of the conference not wanting to give up road trips into their state.

I don't see any way you can add more teams without reducing the number of road trips into califormia unless you go to 10 conference games and no one wants that either.

Even adding texas and whatever bitch they'd want to bring with them likely wouldn't change that and we all know texas isn't coming here any time soon. After their demands in the last talks there isn't a chance in hell they would ever get an invite again. There is zero chance they would be allowed and still have the LHN and texas isn't going to let that go. That ship has sailed.

There is no other market they could tap that has the recruiting grounds worth giving up trips to so cal for. so cal, florida, and texas have the best grounds in the country don't they? And no, not in that order, but gotta put ours first. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.