• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regent, avatar bet (one week) on Robinson? My call is Stanford.

I'm simply a messenger on this one. UW was one of his top PAC choices, but I don't see him committing to us when he has offers from USC and Stanford and most likely wants to stay in-state. I don't have a dawg in this fight. :drum:

Find a Trojan to make that bet with. I don't like making bets on the decisions of 17 year olds.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm simply a messenger on this one. UW was one of his top PAC choices, but I don't see him committing to us when he has offers from USC and Stanford and most likely wants to stay in-state. I don't have a dawg in this fight. :drum:

Find a Trojan to make that bet with. I don't like making bets on the decisions of 17 year olds.
Sadly I feel better wearing purple than scarlet and gold.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

247 sports has him listed as 80% going to USC and USC usually gets the Mater Dei kids. Having said that, I'm with Regent re: bets based on the decisions of 17 year olds. I remember when Manti Te'o and DeAnthony Thomas were USC locks.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
247 sports has him listed as 80% going to USC and USC usually gets the Mater Dei kids. Having said that, I'm with Regent re: bets based on the decisions of 17 year olds. I remember when Manti Te'o and DeAnthony Thomas were USC locks.

If Manti had actually applied (he was offered, didn't want to take the ACT again) to Stanford then he could have been with his girlfriend before she died. Oh, wait......never mind.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Manti had actually applied (he was offered, didn't want to take the ACT again) to Stanford then he could have been with his girlfriend before she died. Oh, wait......never mind.

Yeah, but he denied USC the opportunity to have both a fake dead girlfriend AND a fake drowning nephew. That's a rare daily double right there.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notes from yesterdays USC spring practice game.

This just in! JuJu is really good. He was Easily the best player on offense.
Issac Whitney the juco transfer looks really good. He's fast and tall. Godsend for the offense. He's got a starting spot .
Steven Mitchell looked like hes finally going to be a decent option for Cody. He showed a lot.
Adoree was good no matter where you put him
Cody was very comfortable and the most poised. Max showed he has the better arm and hopefully he gets the touch by next year. You can see the improvement from last year.
Jalen Green is very raw. Great athlete but he's not a good fit in this offense .
The defense was hard to judge . My concern is the D line because the line backers look good and the d backs are solid.
Even though the sanctions are over the lack of bodies was very evident with the seniors and Jrs who opted for the NFL are gone and the new freshmen not on campus yet.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One less QB at Oregon State. Luke Del Rio transferring (again)

Pro-style drop-back passer...came here because of Riley. Wouldn't surprise me IF he showed up in Lincoln looking for Riley again.

Anyone else notice that there was 76K Braskians who watch Riley's spring game yesterday?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its either that or watch corn grow so the choice is pretty simple.

That being said, I'm sure Husker fans are thrilled they have a quality classy coach whose personality is a perfect fit for their programs culture. Wish him plenty of success as long as the Huskers aren't playing the Dawgs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notes from yesterdays USC spring practice game.

This just in! JuJu is really good. He was Easily the best player on offense.
Issac Whitney the juco transfer looks really good. He's fast and tall. Godsend for the offense. He's got a starting spot .
Steven Mitchell looked like hes finally going to be a decent option for Cody. He showed a lot.
Adoree was good no matter where you put him
Cody was very comfortable and the most poised. Max showed he has the better arm and hopefully he gets the touch by next year. You can see the improvement from last year.
Jalen Green is very raw. Great athlete but he's not a good fit in this offense .
The defense was hard to judge . My concern is the D line because the line backers look good and the d backs are solid.
Even though the sanctions are over the lack of bodies was very evident with the seniors and Jrs who opted for the NFL are gone and the new freshmen not on campus yet.

Was reading about it this morning and the paper said a lot of the same things. I guess Ronnie Lott, Willie McGinest, Tony Boselli, Anthony Munoz and Rodney Peete were all there too.

Damn I wish I could have gone. :L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side, I will have the PAC-12 Network beginning some time Tuesday afternoon or early evening. Hopefully, I will be able to catch a replay of it.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do not remember Stanford getting this many high profile commits this early, ever.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is encouraging for Ducks fans as in years past the program was slow to gain verbals I. The early part of the recruitment process. Matter of time before SC and likely UCLA pass the Ducks. But anyways. We fans take this for now.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big get for Stanford. Hard to turn that down after you visit the campus and get the academic acceptance.

Oregon is projected to be taking a small class this year, so expect them to push to fill it out earlier than normal and have it mostly finished by end of '15. Because of that, their ranking will remain relatively high by LOI, but of course depend on make up of the class.

USC will be loading up again this year. Schools like Stanford, Cal, Washington, Oregon St., WSU, and UCLA will be going with decent sized classes. Stanford is lining up a nice looking class this year. There is lots of talent at positions like WR, ATH, and DBs on the west coast this year. Washington will be seeking at least 2 WRs who are 6'0" +. Interior DLine is a need as well.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another one announcing this week.

4-star QB Devon Modster (Tesoro,CA)

He will make his commitment this Wednesday at 2:22 PM PST. Arizona, UCLA and Boise State are the three finalists. UCLA is considered the fav, but they got a logjam at that position so he may chose one of the others.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap.

Aidan Schneider is consistently nailing 40-50 yard FGs in game like scrims.

Very encouraging.

A Duck that can kick. :shocked:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OREGON finished 37th in sacks last year while rarely using blitz packages.

A focus on sending OLBs to the QB apparently are a huge focus this spring.

Thank you Thank you Thank you Pellum!!!

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently class of 2014 RB from Florida Tonh James is a freak so far in scrims.

Drawing comparisons to LaMike James.

The combo of Freeman, Tyner, James is going to be the best RB combo in CFB.

Last year's True Freshman RB/WR combo Charles Nelson is playing CB this spring. We fans expected this. He has been very impressive

WR Devon Allen was in full pads yesterday after his RB injury vs FSU.

Addison is back and leading the WR team thus far. He is around 80% health.

(Courtesy of Rob Mosely.)

Status
Not open for further replies.