• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Arizona could be good again, they do return everyone.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not really. I know some knew of Mariota but I went to that spring game and everyone was on Bennette's jock. I knew the unkown kid from Hawaii was going to take over though I told my cousin that at the game. afterwards is when the hype hit.

Yeah, I remember that even going into the fall there was still some debate if Mariota was really the better QB that year.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Arizona could be good again, they do return everyone.

They have their stars on offense and probably the best defensive player in the country, but lose a lot on the lines. 3 of 5 OL, 2 of 3 on the DL unless Gilbert gets his extra year. Normally losing DBs isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but Arizona relies pretty heavily on them to make plays against the run and lose both Tevis and Bondurant, who were arguably their 2nd and 3rd best defensive players last year. They'll be decent but doubt they'll be great. Probably get a big win or 2, finish 8-4ish, 9-3ish.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes losing starters ain't all bad.

See Oregon

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are asking who is next in line for Oregon.... Straight out of Marin Catholic in Cali.

Oregon won't drop off or have a step back

Morgan Mahalak - YouTube

Color me not impressed. His passes have no zip. He's lolipoping every throw past 15 yards. He's got speed for a taller guy but nothing like Mariota and no wiggle .

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Color me not impressed. His passes have no zip. He's lolipoping every throw past 15 yards. He's got speed for a taller guy but nothing like Mariota and no wiggle .

Ever heard of one Dennis Dixon?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead and quote this for Wiz.......

fuck you and your shit program. I will never apologize to you. All of your fans are hypocrites, you slam Oregon with every chance you get. But if someone slams you back, and mentions your beloved icon who QUIT your program, or the fact that you have not been relevant in 20 years, you start crying. Let the tears flow fuckers.

That shit program still has more "Nattys" than yours does. How ya like them apples?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO.

Watch this... Please watch this and tell me is throws have "no zip"

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gUkUG5DUZKk[/ame]

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in so cal. That arm is average in high schools here. That didn't impress. What should scare you is he doesn't even throw in games like he does in that camp and that's what you're gonna get.

We heard the same about Marcus. Not concerned.

Mahalak is the truth.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahalak will carry the torch at Oregon. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him in New York at end of year.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahalak will carry the torch at Oregon. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him in New York at end of year.

The only thing keeping him out of New York is that Oregon already got its Heisman and its an East Coast bias

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I find to be hilarious....everyone who hates on Mariota say he is only a product of Oregons system...yet these are the same people who say Oregon will never return because Mariota is gone and ducks can replace him...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You two are high.lol. that kid is average at best.

No one saw Harrington coming, no one saw Dixon coming (hell Dixon almost didn't come back for his SR yesr he was so bad) no one saw masoli coming, no one saw DThomas coming, no one saw Mariota coming.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I find to be hilarious....everyone who hates on Mariota say he is only a product of Oregons system...yet these are the same people who say Oregon will never return because Mariota is gone and ducks can replace him...

Who said he is the product of the system? He was a perfect fit for the system... No one is saying Oregon's going to fall off the map without him. Most think they might just take a bit dip having to replace him.

Furthermore, no one really hates mariota, some are skeptical of how successful he'll be, especially in the beginning, at the next level. But I haven't seen anyone who hates him. I think you're taking people fucking with you as their real feelings of Mariota.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it sounds homerish, but I think ASU will be the best team in the South and maybe conference next year. There are a few questions, but they all should have pretty reasonable answers.

1. They need an LT and have a 4th year, 4 star junior who's been waiting for it. They need a new RT too, but they're replacing Sulka, who wasn't that great this year. The guards and center are back and will crush souls. All 3 are All Conference contenders.

Yep, likely Goodman and McCray. Westerman may end up moving to tackle because he's a bit more versatile than Goodman. But I think it's something no one is talking about because of the excitement with Berco. ASU is going to be a really good running team next year. Demario will have the push up front, Haynes the speed, and Ballage the power.

2. They need to solidify the interior of the defensive line, but I think you'll see tremendous improvement there since Tashon Smallwood, Emanuel Dayries and Connor Humphreys were all true freshmen. Smallwood is a natural 3 tech and Dayries and Humphreys will both benefit tremendously from another year to pack some pounds and strenth onto 6'4" frames. Also possible you see Mo Latu finally slim down enough to be effective for more than a few plays and the return of Jaxon Hood. They also have several 6'5", 300 lbsish defensive ends who could move inside if needed. I think it's possible ASU's rotation on the DL averages around 6'4, 305.

Don't forget Cherry (6'5" 300 lbs). Definitely need improvement here to take the next step. Love the potential. Hopefully we see some players bulk up!

3. Someone's got to take the hybrid "Devil" position. Enter Davon Durant, the top JuCo LB and next in ASU's string of JuCo successes. We can't go toe to toe with USC in LA, but we put talented JuCos in the NFL and they know that. This year Marcus Hardison, Damarious Randall and Jaelen Strong will probably all be drafted.

Absolute beast. Best part, he gets here early and can learn the system a little better before A&M. A bit nervous about his coverage skills but they shouldn't be required too much.

4. How good is Berco and does he have enough receivers to keep up without Strong? I've got basically zero concerns about the receivers with Foster and Cam Smith around still, plus Jefferson, Chambers and all the redshirts. So basically, we're left wondering if Bercovici will play well enough to win and keep the rush defenses honest via downfield threat instead of QB mobility. I suspect he will be fine.

The only lock I see is obviously Foster. Smith needs to show more in order to be an every down receiver. Right now he really only stretches the field. Jefferson is an obvious replacement to Strong without the crazy upside. Really want to see Lauderdale step up and lock down on of those positions. Graham has shown that he's not afraid to bench upperclassmen if younger talent is there.

Other than that, all the corners are back. All the linebackers are back. Randall is gone, but Simone is back and they've got 2 or 3 really talented guys to fill in. Marcus Ball and James Johnson were probably ready to start last year. I don't see any significant problems that aren't addressed, whereas I don't think any other team can say as much.

Yes, they're all back but honestly if it wasn't for the impressive TO margin ASU's defense would have been mediocre are best last season. Need Moeak to stay healthy, Fiso to take a step forward, Calhoun to work on his mental game, and Brown to not give up on plays. It'll be very interesting to see who gets Randall's old spot since it was more of a ballhawk type position. Wouldn't mind seeing one of the more physical guys you mentioned.

:suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one saw Harrington coming, no one saw Dixon coming (hell Dixon almost didn't come back for his SR yesr he was so bad) no one saw masoli coming, no one saw DThomas coming, no one saw Mariota coming.

Yes, but we should expect The Truth to be average cuz the haters said so.

Status
Not open for further replies.