• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bolded is what I am really looking forward to seeing next year. The o-line showed improvement over the season and the experience they got will be huge.

It's going to be interesting with Kessler. He's been very good over the past 2 seasons and was arguably the 2nd best QB in the PAC after Mariota this year, but he didn't get much hype because of Mariota and also a bit because of Hundley.

Assuming both Mariota and Hundley leave, he will go into next season as arguably the top QB in the PAC, so there will be a lot more eyes on him. I'll be interested in seeing how he responds to the spotlight. He seems to have the right temperament to handle it, but you never know until it happens.

Looking at what we are likely to get back, plus having a full compliment of schollies, anything less than a PAC-12 CCG appearance next season and I will be very disappointed.

Get ready for disappointment. USC will still have depth issues on the roster and especially a lack of SRs and JRs. Lots of young talent for sure. But you'll still be facing teams loaded with Jrs and Sr starters.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think juju is going to play a bigger role next season too. Getting him experience this year was a big plus. I agree next year I will not be happy with anything less than a PAC CCG

Looks like Farmer is coming back, now if we can get some D folks to stay

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear down

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have got some bad news for ya Fusky. Oregon wins this football game.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected like 7

I expected 2 tds, but I still don't get it.

Oregon got this. I am nervous for the game. Not because of opponent. I would be equally nervous for ASU or UCLA.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst hang over in my life and as much as I hated Mike Leach it has grown even worse that I am officially done with giving anything to the university until he is gone. UW was the better team but zero reason for zero adjustments or even making his mickey mouse offense look decent. We have like 90 WR's so when our top two drop the ball get them the f out of there. Wicks makes a couple of decent runs so what happens he gets stuck on the bench for a quarter. Our previous coach could at least coach in the Big Sky which I highly doubt Mike Leach could do that. I'm really starting to wonder how horrible the Big 12 was during his tenure.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was one of the plays of the Apple Cup. When they replayed it, my mouth dropped.
Shelton is 340 pounds. Amazing athleticism to alligator roll like that into position to bull rush the left side and get the sack.

BrightNarrowFlamingo.gif

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was one of the plays of the Apple Cup. When they replayed it, my mouth dropped.
Shelton is 340 pounds. Amazing athleticism to alligator roll like that into position to bull rush the left side and get the sack.

BrightNarrowFlamingo.gif

He had an awesome game. The play before that he sniffed out a screen and ran halfway across the field to blow it up. He didn't make the tackle, but he got his large ass in the way, and that's all he needs to do.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst hang over in my life and as much as I hated Mike Leach it has grown even worse that I am officially done with giving anything to the university until he is gone. UW was the better team but zero reason for zero adjustments or even making his mickey mouse offense look decent. We have like 90 WR's so when our top two drop the ball get them the f out of there. Wicks makes a couple of decent runs so what happens he gets stuck on the bench for a quarter. Our previous coach could at least coach in the Big Sky which I highly doubt Mike Leach could do that. I'm really starting to wonder how horrible the Big 12 was during his tenure.

Wazzy, that was UW's best defense since the '91 championship team IMO. Might have taken them half the year to get there, but when in sync they are a real bitch on everyone. And yes duckers, I know that defense had issues during the season. I'm just saying over the last 3 games they have really clicked.

Your young QB looks pretty decent. Give him spring and fall camps and I'm betting he goes well past Halliday in this system. The question is, can Leach find any type of defense. :L That's what's keeping you out of bowls.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get ready for disappointment. USC will still have depth issues on the roster and especially a lack of SRs and JRs. Lots of young talent for sure. But you'll still be facing teams loaded with Jrs and Sr starters.

True, but considering what they accomplished this year with spending about half the season with fewer than 50 scholarship players, they should be better.

There will be more depth than there was this year as well. It will be young depth, but at this point I'll take it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Farmer is coming back, now if we can get some D folks to stay

That's smart of him. He was injured so much that he only began showing what he can do this year. Next year, with Agholor gone, he'll be out most experienced receiver. Hopefully, he can stay healthy and show the what he can do.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have got some bad news for ya Fusky. Oregon wins this football game.

Well yeah. I mean it's not like Zona has ever beaten Oregon before. They have no chance at all. Obviously. :whistle:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Big12 was actually really good during his tenure, Big12 South, where Leach corched, was the best division in CFB.

Which just makes his crazy decisions even more of a mystery wrapped in an enigma surrounded by a riddle, or however the hell that saying goes.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 wins wouldn't be an ideal season for USC, but with a first year coach and scholy reductions still this year, my expectations weren't as high as they should be for this program. I'm looking for huge things next year with more experience and more depth. #FightOn

(suck it easy Notre Lame)

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 wins wouldn't be an ideal season for USC, but with a first year coach and scholy reductions still this year, my expectations weren't as high as they should be for this program. I'm looking for huge things next year with more experience and more depth. #FightOn

(suck it easy Notre Lame)

Yeah, I think we'll probably be favored to at least win the PAC South next year. As Regent pointed out, depth will still be somewhat of an issue as will experience. Neither should be bad enough to keep us from winning the South as long as we don't get hit too hard with injuries.

The schedule will be tougher next year too. We play Oregon and Washington along with Stanford.

Status
Not open for further replies.