• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The "Other" Sat Game Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, he'd a been a hero with the other cats in the joint

Chris Rock said there would never be a Black VP, because a black person would kill the President and be a hero in prison. Not PC, but maybe true due to the system that incarcerates more African Americans than others. This was before Obama was even running for president.

OT: What are we supposed to call black people? Black, African-American (though their not all from there), or colored people (I've heard disdain for this, but yet the NAACP)?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they brought the kicker out and he started kicking 'em through the uprights during the timeout you bet they'd make a rule against it. If not, I'd rush every one of those practice kicks as a defender and do a few roughing the kicker moves on him. They'd stop soon enough.

Yeah, if they can practice the kick, why can't the defense practice the defense? So what if a few accidents happen? Don't like it, then don't practice! ;)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
OT: What are we supposed to call black people? Black, African-American (though their not all from there), or colored people (I've heard disdain for this, but yet the NAACP)?

Well, according to Rob Parker, it depends on whether they're black enough or not.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Some fans will criticize Pete Carroll's unfortunate attempt to "ice" the kicker, but they are just transferring their anger. In fact, ESPN Stats & Information says that since 2001, iced kickers made 74.5 percent of kicks, while those not iced in that span made 81.6 percent.

The reality is that NFL kickers tend to hit 49-yard field-goal attempts in domes with the game on the line. The truth is that this defense allowed 41 yards on just two plays to set up the kick. Calling a timeout (or not) is grasping at straws. This game was out of Seattle's control once the Falcons got to the 31-yard line. Sorry."

I wish this story was about Russell Wilson

Not sure if the non-iced kickers' kicks are just game-deciding kicks, or all other kicks.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Rock said there would never be a Black VP, because a black person would kill the President and be a hero in prison. Not PC, but maybe true due to the system that incarcerates more African Americans than others. This was before Obama was even running for president.

Chris Rock is funny! I loved his street thing he did where he went around asking white people what they thought about paying reparations to black people today because of slavery. I chose option "C" from his list of choices.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Some fans will criticize Pete Carroll's unfortunate attempt to "ice" the kicker, but they are just transferring their anger. In fact, ESPN Stats & Information says that since 2001, iced kickers made 74.5 percent of kicks, while those not iced in that span made 81.6 percent.

The reality is that NFL kickers tend to hit 49-yard field-goal attempts in domes with the game on the line. The truth is that this defense allowed 41 yards on just two plays to set up the kick. Calling a timeout (or not) is grasping at straws. This game was out of Seattle's control once the Falcons got to the 31-yard line. Sorry."

I wish this story was about Russell Wilson

Not sure if the non-iced kickers' kicks are just game-deciding kicks, or all other kicks.

Personally, I've always felt the whole "icing the kicker" strategy was :lame:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I've always felt the whole "icing the kicker" strategy was :lame:

Me too. If I was the kicker, I would instruct the long snapper and the holder that as soon as you hear that whistle for the timeout we try a practice kick. I'd take that practice shot every time.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. If I was the kicker, I would instruct the long snapper and the holder that as soon as you hear that whistle for the timeout we try a practice kick. I'd take that practice shot every time.

I have to agree with that - makes me wonder if that isn't precisely what Bryant did yesterday - he's been around a few corners.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baltimore ?practice kick? shouldn?t have resulted in a penalty | ProFootballTalk

When Seahawks coach Pete Carroll tried to excuse his decision to ice kicker Matt Bryant, Carroll said that officials told him before the game that “practice kicks” would not be allowed.

But there’s a difference between the “practice kicks” that happen when a kicker is iced too close to the snap of the ball and a literal “practice kick” performed by the kicker sneaking onto the field at a time when he shouldn’t be out there.

That’s what happened on Saturday in Denver between the first and second overtime periods. That’s what Carroll and the officials talked about before Sunday’s game between the Seahawks and Falcons.

Justin Tucker did just that for the Ravens. And while it shouldn’t have happened, NBC officiating consultant Jim Daopoulos explained during Monday’s PFT Live that no penalty should have been assessed.

Instead, it just shouldn’t have happened. Specifically, the officials should have stopped it from happening.

The problem is that the situation isn’t addressed in the rule book. Now that it has happened, look for the Competition Committee to consider expanding the articles and sections to impose a five-yard or 15-yard penalty for illegal practice kicks.

But not for “practice kicks” that happen when someone ices the kicker too late.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore ?practice kick? shouldn?t have resulted in a penalty | ProFootballTalk

When Seahawks coach Pete Carroll tried to excuse his decision to ice kicker Matt Bryant, Carroll said that officials told him before the game that “practice kicks” would not be allowed.

But there’s a difference between the “practice kicks” that happen when a kicker is iced too close to the snap of the ball and a literal “practice kick” performed by the kicker sneaking onto the field at a time when he shouldn’t be out there.

That’s what happened on Saturday in Denver between the first and second overtime periods. That’s what Carroll and the officials talked about before Sunday’s game between the Seahawks and Falcons.

Justin Tucker did just that for the Ravens. And while it shouldn’t have happened, NBC officiating consultant Jim Daopoulos explained during Monday’s PFT Live that no penalty should have been assessed.

Instead, it just shouldn’t have happened. Specifically, the officials should have stopped it from happening.

The problem is that the situation isn’t addressed in the rule book. Now that it has happened, look for the Competition Committee to consider expanding the articles and sections to impose a five-yard or 15-yard penalty for illegal practice kicks.

But not for “practice kicks” that happen when someone ices the kicker too late.

Makes sense.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He takes me off "ignore" every once in a while out of curiosity.

Pozz ignore's you? That surprises me. I ignored some random poster a long time ago for a couple hours just to understand what it was all about and how it worked.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pozz ignore's you? That surprises me. I ignored some random poster a long time ago for a couple hours just to understand what it was all about and how it worked.

He does not find me amusing in the least.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What? I've never had anybody on any kind of ignore list. I didn't even know this board has an ignore list to be completely honest with you. I've never found it before when looking around my profile or whatever.