• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The "Other" Sat Game Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is killing Rahim Moore.... non stop.

He beat their idol. You think KW got it bad? Imagine if he had done that in this (Ravens-Broncos) game? The NFL MVP Manning.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even crazier is the Broncos got beat late in the first half as well. Smith had a 70 yard TD with :38 left in first half. Their D was a bigger issue than Peyton's INT in OT.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone notice the Ravens kicker out on the field practicing field goals between the first and second OT periods? Can you do that?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just given you a courtesy answer of: I have to assume you can my Brother - but honestly, I dunno? There haven't been too many double overtime games for me to recall.

I know Akers was practicing kicks at halftime of our game - but that is halftime. Going from the first OT to the second OT is the same as going from Q1 to Q2.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just given you a courtesy answer of: I have to assume you can my Brother - but honestly, I dunno? There haven't been too many double overtime games for me to recall.

I know Akers was practicing kicks at halftime of our game - but that is halftime. Going from the first OT to the second OT is the same as going from Q1 to Q2.

It seems so odd I guess because the winning kick occured so quickly after that. It ws almost like going out and practicing between plays.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone notice the Ravens kicker out on the field practicing field goals between the first and second OT periods? Can you do that?

No, they probably wouldn't even let me on the field. It wouldn't do me any good because I'd probably not get it any farther than 10 yards, with all the pressure and me sucking at kicking. ;)

But I did notice it and I assume that it's either ok or the refs didn't know of any rule against it - ALL of them seeing it and not ONE of them remembering a rule against it, tells me their isn't. You could even do it during a timeout, I suppose. Which we might see happening in the future. Call a timeout, not to ice the kicker, but to help your own kicker get a feel for it. Now, will they pass a rule saying they can't? That would be interesting. The rule that you can, rightfully IMO, rewards those who save their timeouts.

Is there a rule that as a member of the defense, you can't just stand around the kicker or ball, blocking the ball or interfering with the practice snap when in a timeout? Do teams have to stay on their own side? Yes, it would be douchey, but it would prevent the practice and the social awkwardness/anger at not getting to kick it may mess with the kickers head. That might be worth it in the playoffs (or playoff qualifying games), why must a team surrender a practice kick?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems so odd I guess because the winning kick occured so quickly after that. It ws almost like going out and practicing between plays.

I could not agree more T - Almost like the guy who cleared the snow for the Patriots game-winning FG over the Dolphins. (Just another on a long list of Patriots cheating events!! lOl!!)

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they probably wouldn't even let me on the field. It wouldn't do me any good because I'd probably not get it any farther than 10 yards, with all the pressure and me sucking at kicking. ;)

But I did notice it and I assume that it's either ok or the refs didn't know of any rule against it - ALL of them seeing it and not ONE of them remembering a rule against it, tells me their isn't. You could even do it during a timeout, I suppose. Which we might see happening in the future. Call a timeout, not to ice the kicker, but to help your own kicker get a feel for it. Now, will they pass a rule saying they can't? That would be interesting. The rule that you can, rightfully IMO, rewards those who save their timeouts.

Is there a rule that as a member of the defense, you can't just stand around the kicker or ball, blocking the ball or interfering with the practice snap when in a timeout? Do teams have to stay on their own side? Yes, it would be douchey, but it would prevent the practice and the social awkwardness/anger at not getting to kick it may mess with the kickers head. That might be worth it in the playoffs (or playoff qualifying games), why must a team surrender a practice kick?

You just couldn't resist that part, could you? Ha ha. But it seems odd that during the "timeout" between quarters that you could do that. How is that different from calling a timeout between plays and the kicker coming in and practicing one or two before play is resumed?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could not agree more T - Almost like the guy who cleared the snow for the Patriots game-winning FG over the Dolphins. (Just another on a long list of Patriots cheating events!! lOl!!)

Ha ha! That's exactly what it brought to mind. I was telling MH "why not call a timeout before the actual kick and let the kicker practice a couple before time is called back in?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just couldn't resist that part, could you? Ha ha. But it seems odd that during the "timeout" between quarters that you could do that. How is that different from calling a timeout between plays and the kicker coming in and practicing one or two before play is resumed?

Ha ha! That's exactly what it brought to mind. I was telling MH "why not call a timeout before the actual kick and let the kicker practice a couple before time is called back in?

I talked about that in my post, it was just so long you must have skipped it or something. If I weren't me, I'd probably do the same. Here it is, in case you don't want to go back to read it:

You could even do it during a timeout, I suppose. Which we might see happening in the future. Call a timeout, not to ice the kicker, but to help your own kicker get a feel for it. Now, will they pass a rule saying they can't? That would be interesting. The rule that you can, rightfully IMO, rewards those who save their timeouts.

Is there a rule that as a member of the defense, you can't just stand around the kicker or ball, blocking the ball or interfering with the practice snap when in a timeout? Do teams have to stay on their own side? Yes, it would be douchey, but it would prevent the practice and the social awkwardness/anger at not getting to kick it may mess with the kicker's head. That might be worth it in the playoffs (or playoff qualifying games), why must a team surrender a practice kick?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know right? There was a special or some documentary talking about the event and IIR correctly the infamous snow brush is enshrined at Foxboro - They have it hanging from the ceiling at the stadium and the guy that drove the brush was like an ex-con or something like that out on a work furlough. He didn't know what he was doing, he was just told "hey go clear a spot for our kicker" - so he did.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I talked about that in my post, it was just so long you must have skipped it or something. If I weren't me, I'd probably do the same. Here it is, in case you don't want to go back to read it:

You could even do it during a timeout, I suppose. Which we might see happening in the future. Call a timeout, not to ice the kicker, but to help your own kicker get a feel for it. Now, will they pass a rule saying they can't? That would be interesting. The rule that you can, rightfully IMO, rewards those who save their timeouts.

Is there a rule that as a member of the defense, you can't just stand around the kicker or ball, blocking the ball or interfering with the practice snap when in a timeout? Do teams have to stay on their own side? Yes, it would be douchey, but it would prevent the practice and the social awkwardness/anger at not getting to kick it may mess with the kicker's head. That might be worth it in the playoffs (or playoff qualifying games), why must a team surrender a practice kick?

Ha ha! You are right; sometimes your posts are so long I don't get all the way through. My bad.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know right? There was a special or some documentary talking about the event and IIR correctly the infamous snow brush is enshrined at Foxboro - They have it hanging from the ceiling at the stadium and the guy that drove the brush was like an ex-con or something like that out on a work furlough. He didn't know what he was doing, he was just told "hey go clear a spot for our kicker" - so he did.

Interesting, I didn't know that was against the rules. (Interesting that it's against the rules, not interesting that I didn't know the rules.)

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha ha! I remember that. He probably did it on his own saying "fuck it, what's the worst they can do to me, send me back to Jail".

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! You are right; sometimes your posts are so long I don't get all the way through. My bad.

Don't answer if you don't want obviously, but do you think they'll ever pass a rule against it and do you think if they don't pass the rule teams could otherwise prevent the practice kick in the timeout? (Keep in mind, the offense is the one calling the timeout, so simply not pulling a Pete Carroll isn't a solution.)

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! I remember that. He probably did it on his own saying "fuck it, what's the worst they can do to me, send me back to Jail".

LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That has now become the new official version of the event!! I love it!!!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That has now become the new official version of the event!! I love it!!!

Ya, he'd a been a hero with the other cats in the joint

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't answer if you don't want obviously, but do you think they'll ever pass a rule against it and do you think if they don't pass the rule teams could otherwise prevent the practice kick in the timeout? (Keep in mind, the offense is the one calling the timeout, so simply not pulling a Pete Carroll isn't a solution.)

If they brought the kicker out and he started kicking 'em through the uprights during the timeout you bet they'd make a rule against it. If not, I'd rush every one of those practice kicks as a defender and do a few roughing the kicker moves on him. They'd stop soon enough.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, he'd a been a hero with the other cats in the joint

Fuck yea, he was a cell-block hero; except, of course, to the few Dolphins fans, but in the can you keep that shit quiet.