• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Open at St. Andrews

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rory hit all 18 greens in regulation and dude said he choked it away. Bless his heart.

I'm just pissed because I left the house when Rory was up two on Hovland and three on Cam to go to the Nats game and missed one of the greatest Sunday back nines in major history. Seen some of the highlights and Smith was just perfect.
This isn't the local club championship. At some point you got to make putts to win. 2 putt mcilroy had a four shot lead and finished 3rd. You say he didn't choke but playing flat on sunday rings choke to me and don't you have a dvr?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an asshole.
Back at ya, you hypocritical idiot. Ok for you to
Rory hit all 18 greens in regulation and dude said he choked it away. Bless his heart.

I'm just pissed because I left the house when Rory was up two on Hovland and three on Cam to go to the Nats game and missed one of the greatest Sunday back nines in major history. Seen some of the highlights and Smith was just perfect.

say fuck you to me but not ok to be said to you.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simplistic and incorrect. The PGA has an extensive support system, history and reach. LIV is solely the construct of a handfull of Saudi motherfuckers.

...but you do you.
Fuck off, our government does business with the Saudis every day, so do all major businesses in the U.S. Why can't these players do the same.? Me, especially if I was a young player, I'd stick with the sure thing, the PGA, but I have no problem with any golfer going to where the money is to be made. If they call it a n ugly money grab why doesn't your poster boy, mcIlroy give back the 200 million he's made in endorsements over his career. Fuck him and the PGA

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly right ....It's actually rare for Rory to not beat himself to a degree. But not yesterday.

It took Cam an historic round to win it.

C'mon, the dude couldn't protect a 4 stroke lead on Sunday? Good lord, he couldn't even finish second with that lead. He had the highest Sunday score of any of the top 12 players except for Hovland who choked because he knew everyone was against him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did not get it done ... no question about it.
The PGA set him up for failure by making him the poster boy for their fight with LIV Golf. McIlroy played right along. he was what we call a useful idiot.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck off, our government does business with the Saudis every day, so do all major businesses in the U.S. Why can't these players do the same.? Me, especially if I was a young player, I'd stick with the sure thing, the PGA, but I have no problem with any golfer going to where the money is to be made. If they call it a n ugly money grab why doesn't your poster boy, mcIlroy give back the 200 million he's made in endorsements over his career. Fuck him and the PGA

This is as good for golf as it would be for any other sport. Imagine these cats buying off all the top players from all leagues and guaranteeing them a shit-ton of blood money to dance for them. That sure sounds like a recipe for excellence. LIVers are like trumpers, you just like to stir shit up for the sake of it and break it like a 10 year old.

The PGA set him up for failure by making him the poster boy for their fight with LIV Golf. McIlroy played right along. he was what we call a useful idiot.

Yes, we understand that you only cheer LIV useful idiots.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is as good for golf as it would be for any other sport. Imagine these cats buying off all the top players from all leagues and guaranteeing them a shit-ton of blood money to dance for them. That sure sounds like a recipe for excellence. LIVers are like trumpers, you just like to stir shit up for the sake of it and break it like a 10 year old.

I'm sure he'll enjoy never being able to watch these guys play golf on a regular basis.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But here is the thing that has been over looked. If a new golf tour started in the US backed by investors with deep pockets and all the same players
went over ...those PGA tour players would all still be banned. And the networks would have just found another way to trash those players to appease the PGA Tour.

Would you feel the same way about those players if they bailed to a new US golf Tour with deep pockets and the same format?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he'll enjoy never being able to watch these guys play golf on a regular basis.
Still stinging from your attempt to look funny with your comment about Smith not winning? Made you look like a fool and this does it even more so.
LIV golf may or may not make it, my guess is it won't, but they certainly have my blessing to try. I can't stand any big corporation like the PGA trying to crush any competition.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does remind me a little of the USFL.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But here is the thing that has been over looked. If a new golf tour started in the US backed by investors with deep pockets and all the same players
went over ...those PGA tour players would all still be banned. And the networks would have just found another way to trash those players to appease the PGA Tour.

Would you feel the same way about those players if they bailed to a new US golf Tour with deep pockets and the same format?

You're conveniently ignoring all the other competing world tours that currently work in tandem with the PGA Tour.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're conveniently ignoring all the other competing world tours that currently work in tandem with the PGA Tour.
The PGA tour became the far dominant Tour. The other tours made deals with the PGA Tour to survive.
I am no fan of the LIV tour. But the PGA Tour is no victim here.

I have had serious issues with the PGA Tour for years. They are the most shady of all sports bodies in my opinion.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PGA tour became the far dominant Tour. The other tours made deals with the PGA Tour to survive.
I am no fan of the LIV tour. But the PGA Tour is no victim here.

I have had serious issues with the PGA Tour for years. They are the most shady of all sports bodies in my opinion.

Oh I certainly agree that the PGA Tour has it's issues. But let's not pretend like their fighting the LIV Tour over some fear of "competition".

The LIV Tour is cheapening the product of professional golf for the sole benefit of a murderous regime. I mean for fuck's sake they are literally cutting a massive check to Stenson literally for the sole purpose of fucking with the Ryder Cup. It's not about the game of golf.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I certainly agree that the PGA Tour has it's issues. But let's not pretend like their fighting the LIV Tour over some fear of "competition".

The LIV Tour is cheapening the product of professional golf for the sole benefit of a murderous regime. I mean for fuck's sake they are literally cutting a massive check to Stenson literally for the sole purpose of fucking with the Ryder Cup. It's not about the game of golf.

Tigers Woods made just 120 Million in winnings for his entire PGA Tour career.
Step Curry makes 107 million in 2 years ....and does not have to win anything.

I honestly don't see the defectors as greedy ...I see it more as the PGA Tour being cheap bastards.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers Woods made just 120 Million in winnings for his entire PGA Tour career.
Step Curry makes 107 million in 2 years ....and does not have to win anything.

I honestly don't see the defectors as greedy ...I see it more as the PGA Tour being cheap bastards.

The economics between the PGA and NBA are wildly different. And the role of an athlete in an individual spot and a team sport are wildly different. But you know that.

What more do you want out of the PGA Tour? They've already increased purses well over $100m over the past few years.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The economics between the PGA and NBA are wildly different. And the role of an athlete in an individual spot and a team sport are wildly different. But you know that.

What more do you want out of the PGA Tour? They've already increased purses well over $100m over the past few years.
Right ...they only raised it after they saw the threat on the horizon.