• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The one "silver lining" for the B1G and the Pac12...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think this thing is AS contagious as has been reported. The biggest problem with it, imo, is that you can be completely asymptomatic and still give it to other people.

That's not really a big deal to folks who are young and/or healthy especially since it appears that for most, it doesn't even rise to the level of the flu or common cold as far as making you sick.

But when you consider that it seems to be much worse than the regular flu or common cold for older people and/or people with underlying issues and can be passed by someone who has it, but has no symptoms...that's where the real problem is.

As far as the masks, they are certainly not the suit of armor that some of the Karens on here seem to think they are, but they're also not "completely useless" as some others think either.

I know someone who got it, quarantined for the 14 days with their family all inside the household. He was the only one who got it. The rest of his family, who stayed in the same house for 14 days never got it. But this is super contagious?

If it is so contagious, why to get tested for it do they have to stick a Q-tip all the way up your nose? Why not just a cheek swab?

And have you seen people who work with and study viruses? They are in full on suits and masks. Sorry, but your neck roll mask piece of cloth or bandana that you lift up over your nose does nothing and is as effective as just pulling your shirt up over your nose.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flu does not have the same lasting effects and this.

lol

For the overwhelming majority of younger, healthy people, there are little to no effects.

Guess which category college football players fall into?

Several NBA players tested positive for Covid in the weeks leading up to the bubble and only one, Rudy Gobert, had any kind of actual symptoms. His were moderate at worst and he was over it in a few days.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not the same. I do agree with getting paid.
Not the same?

A fever for 7 days, or possibly no symptoms at all, versus having life long brain injury?

Yeah you are right, not the same.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

For the overwhelming majority of younger, healthy people, there are little to no effects.

Guess which category college football players fall into?

Several NBA players tested positive for Covid in the weeks leading up to the bubble and only one, Rudy Gobert, had any kind of actual symptoms. His were moderate at worst and he was over it in a few days.
You are saying things that are not true. The most important part is they do not know. Is there a lasting heart issue with those several NBA players?

Covid-19 leaves its impact on the heart, raising fears of lasting damage

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lasting effects of CTE, higher chances of getting ALS, any tackle could result into immediate paralyzation, lots of dangers with playing football. Is it worth it for amateur athletes? Seems like we need to take the health and safety of players seriously here and not just related to this virus.

We should be seriously discussing the future of college football. Is it worth it?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sport writers are trying to shame us on how we handled handling this virus back in March. Telling us that had Americans and America taken the proper steps back in march, april, may, we would likely be having football in September.

Well lets take the proper steps now on protecting the health and safety of players moving forward. Let's end college football. It ain't worth it.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the players haven't had it already, they will, regardless of whether they play football this fall or not. So there is really no reason to hold sports hostage to avoid something that will happen anyway.

They will get it either on the field or fucking around on campus or at the local Walmart. BTW, the same goes for everyone else in the country. So why demand civilization come to an abrupt halt to try avoiding something that is unavoidable?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know someone who got it, quarantined for the 14 days with their family all inside the household. He was the only one who got it. The rest of his family, who stayed in the same house for 14 days never got it. But this is super contagious?

If it is so contagious, why to get tested for it do they have to stick a Q-tip all the way up your nose? Why not just a cheek swab?

And have you seen people who work with and study viruses? They are in full on suits and masks. Sorry, but your neck roll mask piece of cloth or bandana that you lift up over your nose does nothing and is as effective as just pulling your shirt up over your nose.

You're asking why the respiratory virus requires a test involving a nasal swab going deep into a part of the respiratory system?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sport writers are trying to shame us on how we handled handling this virus back in March. Telling us that had Americans and America taken the proper steps back in march, april, may, we would likely be having football in September.

Well lets take the proper steps now on protecting the health and safety of players moving forward. Let's end college football. It ain't worth it.

You are one pathetic loser.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are saying things that are not true.

No I'm not.

Is there a lasting heart issue with those several NBA players?

There haven't been any issues of any kind with them that I've heard or read about and I follow the NBA pretty closely.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If College Football ended today, every player is still going to get Covid-19 if they haven't had it already.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are one pathetic loser.
You have yet to argue why they should continue to play football. Football is dangerous, scientific facts that show long lasting health problems from playing the game, especially when starting at a younger age.

Why is football allowed amongst those who do not get paid? Who do not get health insurance? Who do not sign a contract?

Safety is the #1 priority, as shown by this virus, then let's be serious about this. Let's not go half assed in protecting the student athlete, let's go all in, we were half assed with handling this virus from the beginning, calling a shut down yet places like Home Depot and Lowe's were open for all, so lets not mess this one up. Lets be serious now.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have yet to argue why they should continue to play football. Football is dangerous, scientific facts that show long lasting health problems from playing the game, especially when starting at a younger age.

Why is football allowed amongst those who do not get paid? Who do not get health insurance? Who do not sign a contract?

Safety is the #1 priority, as shown by this virus, then let's be serious about this. Let's not go half assed in protecting the student athlete, let's go all in, we were half assed with handling this virus from the beginning, calling a shut down yet places like Home Depot and Lowe's were open for all, so lets not mess this one up. Lets be serious now.

Take it to the politics board, numbnuts.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it to the politics board, numbnuts.
What is political about this? I am talking about the health issues regarding playing football. This thread and many threads on this forum right now is about playing football in regards to the virus and the dangers the virus presents.

What is political about arguing the safety and health of college athletes that is stemming from an argument about the virus. Unless you are saying the virus is political?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is political about this? I am talking about the health issues regarding playing football. This thread and many threads on this forum right now is about playing football in regards to the virus and the dangers the virus presents.

What is political about arguing the safety and health of college athletes that is stemming from an argument about the virus. Unless you are saying the virus is political?

You are the one saying that.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but is there a risk of a viral disease that is a pandemic around the world that can permanently effect the body including the heart every time a football player takes the field in practice or a game?
Actually, yes. The flu, the common cold, and mono are all viruses that can cause the heart condition that the B1G/PAC are apparently relying on. All three of those are known to run rampant through college campuses. Now, you are going to say those aren't pandemics, but COVID being a pandemic isn't really an issue with regard to your permanent injury issues. And, as you can see in the other post I made, for as long as we have been playing football, there are risks up to and including death which happens every year.

Let me ask you this ... why, if those are the reason the B1G cancelled football season, are the teams still practicing? Do you only have risks if you play games? Can the heart problem only originate if you play games? If not, then they should immediately shut down all practices and athletics practices.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If College Football ended today, every player is still going to get Covid-19 if they haven't had it already.

I think that is where I land. It's going to be like the flu. There will be those who survive it and those who don't, but everyone is going to get it...especially as it mutates. A vaccine may help, but even flu shots don't stop the flu. It's just a reality we will live with in my opinion.