• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The offseason stuff thread

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would even get you laughed at over at HF.
HF boards is the joke I'm afraid. I'm the resident Boeser fanboy here. I'm sorry you failed to realize my post was only partially serious.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8. Here’s Devils GM Ray Shero on the PK Subban trade timeline: “Friday night, (Nashville GM David Poile) was trying to make a decision and he said, ‘I’ll call you tonight.’ He didn’t…and that’s not like David, really. So this morning, I was having coffee with (Devils owner) Josh Harris, and (David) called me, and first apologized for not calling (Friday night). He just said, ‘Listen, I’m not gonna wait on something else that I’m looking at, do you want to do this?’ and I said, ‘Yeah.’”

Poile said in his post-draft availability that there were four teams, with New Jersey being the only one that could take Subban’s full contract. I believe Toronto and Vancouver were two of the other three. It sounds like the Predators wanted Adam Gaudette in the package from Vancouver, but — and this is my sense more than absolute truth — that the Maple Leafs went harder at Subban. I think they’re the team Poile was waiting on.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So from the above I take that Toronto was trying to unload Marleau, managed to do so but by the time that deal was done Poile had already agreed to move him to NJ.

If Dubas was going to keep Marleau and not trade the 1st if Subban was no longer available...yikes.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I posted earlier, it's a shame that Vancouver didn't land PK just to listen to the Moj having an epic meltdown on Vancouver Sports radio.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So from the above I take that Toronto was trying to unload Marleau, managed to do so but by the time that deal was done Poile had already agreed to move him to NJ.

Any speculation on what the TOR package may have looked like? Brown+Liljegren+picks, with NSH keeping about $3M of salary?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Dubas was going to keep Marleau and not trade the 1st if Subban was no longer available...yikes.

Another possibility is TO was always going to unload Marleau and were inches away from landing Subban but were sticking to the retaining salary thing. Poile said "let me call you right back" and wound up getting Shero to agree to no retained salary.

Because had Nash retained 3m, they'd be at 10 in space right now, likely only enough to get Duchene and would leave them zero for Josi next year. Only at 13m as it is. So someone else still has to go.

If we lose on Duchene, I am fine sending them table scraps for Turris, and then turning our attention on Vegas and Stastny or Pacioretty.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Jim Rutherford was just on Hockey Central and said that there is an issue in the room with players being content and he maybe doesn't like the attitude and will maybe make some moves to fix it.

Wonder what has changed?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose on Duchene, I am fine sending them table scraps for Turris, and then turning our attention on Vegas and Stastny or Pacioretty.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...Slow your roll there big fella. We're going to retain some salary and ship James Kneel back to Nashville for Kyle Turris.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everybody want $6 million Kyle Turris all the sudden?

If you add up his point total the past two years he's just barely around decent value for one season at his cap hit. It's not like his shooting % suddenly nosedived or something either. Gotta say the chances of a 30 year old reversing that trend is pretty slim.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everybody want $6 million Kyle Turris all the sudden?

If you add up his point total the past two years he's just barely around decent value for one season at his cap hit. It's not like his shooting % suddenly nosedived or something either. Gotta say the chances of a 30 year old reversing that trend is pretty slim.

I would take him because he would be a pretty on par replacement salary-wise with Wennberg and is leaps and bounds better. Plus with the crunch the Preds will likely find themselves in, he might be able to be had for peanuts in trade. Wennberg would be even more expendable and we have space.

He isn't the only fish we need to hunt, but he would be a decent piece. I would love us to go looking for RNH and Stastny or Ehlers or Pacioretty in addition to Turris.

Jody Shelley went on the radio today and said essentially that we are going to lose the big three. And I think that going after Pavelski or Lee is going to cost too much once Duchene signs. Need to augment the kids with some trades.

Dangit. I was hoping he'd be our insurance policy behind Elvis.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Jim Rutherford was just on Hockey Central and said that there is an issue in the room with players being content and he maybe doesn't like the attitude and will maybe make some moves to fix it.

Wonder what has changed?
LOL....he realized all the over 30 year old players with impossible to move contracts on the Penguins.

EDIT: Every player over 30 is signed for at least 2 years or more.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Hopefully the recapture penalty will slow Vancouver's roll on $7m 3rd pairing defensemen