• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The offseason stuff thread

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess this explains why Zach hasn't signed. He *wants* a bridge that will come due at the same time as Jonesy. Jackets want him longer term, I am sure just to avoid giving both stud D men big deals at the same time. Hopefully someone is reminding Zach of his occasional freakish injury luck and and he will accept a longer deal.

And LOL at Provorov reportedly wanting 10m. Yeah. Go ahead Flyers. Do it. For 8 years. DO IT
Wouldn't a 4 year contract take him to his UFA time? If so... What's in it for him to go 3?

Last projection I saw (earlier this year) was 4 years, between $5-5.5

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't a 4 year contract take him to his UFA time? If so... What's in it for him to go 3?

Last projection I saw (earlier this year) was 4 years, between $5-5.5

I think he is leaving a bit on the table hoping for a bigger payout down the line. 3 years of him and Jones together will increase both their value. Anything beyond 3 leaves him UFA at the end and the Jackets will not like that unless they get real long term out of him.

Jackets want to give him 8 years, I am sure.

Reactions: gob

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a weirdly good deal for Ottawa. White's going to get pure 1C time going forward for the foreseeable future. Could've padded those stats like crazy and gotten a few more million in a year or two.

I think he is leaving a bit on the table hoping for a bigger payout down the line. 3 years of him and Jones together will increase both their value. Anything beyond 3 leaves him UFA at the end and the Jackets will not like that unless they get real long term out of him.

Jackets want to give him 8 years, I am sure.
If on the one hand the team wants to give him 8 years but on the other hand the player should want 8 years because he's injury prone, that would make the team pretty foolish to even consider giving him 8 years no?

Both of those things can't be true or they'll just sign a long-term deal now.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a really good deal for Ottawa, IMO. Reminds me of Kyle Turris's deal with Ottawa. Signed long term and could be a bargain as early as this year. But as it always is with drunk uncle Eugene, there is an element of cheapness here. The break down, by year, is $4m, $4M, $4.75M, $4.75M, $4.75M and wait for it...$6.25M. He will be dealt before that last year if Eugene is still there. So the important numbers for Eugene are 5 years at $4.45M.

This is a weirdly good deal for Ottawa. White's going to get pure 1C time going forward for the foreseeable future. Could've padded those stats like crazy and gotten a few more million in a year or two.

Maybe for this year but unlikely moving forward. Even this year I could see Logan Brown taking the mantle of #1 C (especially PP time). And next year, if they are as bad as they're expected to be, it'll be someone like Quinton Byfield or Anton Lundell.

It is a good deal though. I think White could be a really good #2C. His yearly rate is what #3Cs will be getting in a year or two.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If on the one hand the team wants to give him 8 years but on the other hand the player should want 8 years because he's injury prone, that would make the team pretty foolish to even consider giving him 8 years no?

Both of those things can't be true or they'll just sign a long-term deal now.

Werenski isn't injury prone as much as he is freak accident prone. He must feel really confident about his recovery from the shoulder last year to only want 3.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fenton was supposed to have been a good hire too. We'll have to wait and see if this one pans out any better. :noidea:
How he handled the duties in Pittsburgh for the WBS Penguins for now it looks good. Just think of some of the bad rehashed GM’s could have been hired.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How he handled the duties in Pittsburgh for the WBS Penguins for now it looks good. Just think of some of the bad rehashed GM’s could have been hired.

I mean if they legit considered Chia...

I am just glad they didn't choose Basil McRae and they weren't even allowed to talk to Bill Zito.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Guerin's first move is a Jason Zucker trade that blows up at the last minute.
He is going there as a rouge Penguin employee. Zucker or Jack Johnson straight up.
Then after he is fired will be rehired by the Penguins.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally bought my copy today. Although I wish they had the Canadian covers down here.81DAEFE9-CE29-4D1A-86CA-0D647745142A.jpeg