• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Officially Official Off Season Thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you guys reacting to the coaching changes? The batting coach was a surprise.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you guys reacting to the coaching changes? The batting coach was a surprise.

Gonna have to wait and see how the new guys pan out, but some feel the new voices are likely welcome and hopefully will bring some change. Not too much of a surprise for most of us on Magadan, the way the team has hit w RISP the last couple years, I think some expected the change

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have to wait and see how the new guys pan out, but some feel the new voices are likely welcome and hopefully will bring some change. Not too much of a surprise for most of us on Magadan, the way the team has hit w RISP the last couple years, I think some expected the change

The new guy Anthony Iapoce is from my neighborhood. 3 years behind me in school so I don't know him that well. Solid guy, his older cousin and I had NY Ranger season tickets together for years. He must have done something right with the Cubs to get the interview much less the job. He's been spending a lot of time scouting in the Dominican the last couple of years so he might help with the drafting as well.
All of a sudden there's a bunch of guys in Queens, NY hoping the Rangers tear the cover off the ball.....when they're not facing the Yanks

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Price. You pay for a clutch performer in postseason. price has. Of proven self minus one outing. Same goes for Prince just hope his excuse is fatigue. Dutch is on thin ice too minus WS outing

Not sure if I'm reading your thoughts correctly. But are saying Price has proven to be a clutch postseason pitcher? If you are, you couldn't be further from the truth. He's pitched in 9 games and he's avg less than 5 innings per with a 5+ ERA.

I do feel Prince got worn down last season. Let's hope this isn't a permanent state for him - to fall off drastically in the last few months of the season - and he'll be more consistent all of 2016.

As for Holland, he'll be a FA after this season, so we should see his best. But I think we're all wondering what his best is at this stage?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new guy Anthony Iapoce is from my neighborhood. 3 years behind me in school so I don't know him that well. Solid guy, his older cousin and I had NY Ranger season tickets together for years. He must have done something right with the Cubs to get the interview much less the job. He's been spending a lot of time scouting in the Dominican the last couple of years so he might help with the drafting as well.
All of a sudden there's a bunch of guys in Queens, NY hoping the Rangers tear the cover off the ball.....when they're not facing the Yanks

We appreciate the support from Queens, we are hoping Anthony gets our guys going too. Hopefully he can help Prince find the power stroke again, or at least lace the ball to the opposite field like in the first half of 2015. Im hoping that what those youngsters have done with the Cubs of late, is somewhat directly related to his voice and not just solely their talent. I do hope the Rangers tear the cover off the ball vs the Yankees as well though. I am rooting for Nick Rumbelow to continue to progress, his Dad is a friend of mine and lives down the road from me here. His Dad is a great guy and Nick is a great kid.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We appreciate the support from Queens, we are hoping Anthony gets our guys going too. Hopefully he can help Prince find the power stroke again, or at least lace the ball to the opposite field like in the first half of 2015. Im hoping that what those youngsters have done with the Cubs of late, is somewhat directly related to his voice and not just solely their talent. I do hope the Rangers tear the cover off the ball vs the Yankees as well though. I am rooting for Nick Rumbelow to continue to progress, his Dad is a friend of mine and lives down the road from me here. His Dad is a great guy and Nick is a great kid.

I've been looking for an excuse to check out Arlington so it looks like this is the year for a road trip. Heard great things about the stadium.
He was with the Cubs for a couple of years so he's certainly worked with those kids in the minors and in Spring Training. Still, they're pretty damn talented.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been looking for an excuse to check out Arlington so it looks like this is the year for a road trip. Heard great things about the stadium.
He was with the Cubs for a couple of years so he's certainly worked with those kids in the minors and in Spring Training. Still, they're pretty damn talented.

Don't wait until August, its hot here then, and that is quite the road trip! HAHA!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't wait until August, its hot here then, and that is quite the road trip! HAHA!

Actually Murph, I suggest April/May. I've melted out there in June/July too.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I'm reading your thoughts correctly. But are saying Price has proven to be a clutch postseason pitcher? If you are, you couldn't be further from the truth. He's pitched in 9 games and he's avg less than 5 innings per with a 5+ ERA.

I do feel Prince got worn down last season. Let's hope this isn't a permanent state for him - to fall off drastically in the last few months of the season - and he'll be more consistent all of 2016.

As for Holland, he'll be a FA after this season, so we should see his best. But I think we're all wondering what his best is at this stage?
Holland isn't really a free agent after 2016. We have 2 years of very affordable team options after 2016.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oops spell check got me. No Price has not proven to be clutch minus one game against Rangers in Arlington

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banister is Manager of the Year. Congrats Banny.

It is the 5th time a Ranger manager has won the award.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banister is Manager of the Year. Congrats Banny.

It is the 5th time a Ranger manager has won the award.

actually he is the 3rd Texas manger to win the award and the 5th rookie manager to win it in his 1st year

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually he is the 3rd Texas manger to win the award and the 5th rookie manager to win it in his 1st year
He is the third Ranger manager to win the award since it has been decided by the BBWAA. Prior to the BBWAA taking over we had 2 managers to win it. So it is the 5th time a Rangers manager has won Manager of the Year.

Billy Martin 1974
Bobby Valentine 1986
Johnny Oates 1996
Buck Showalter 2004
Jeff Banister 2015

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the third Ranger manager to win the award since it has been decided by the BBWAA. Prior to the BBWAA taking over we had 2 managers to win it. So it is the 5th time a Rangers manager has won Manager of the Year.

Billy Martin 1974
Bobby Valentine 1986
Johnny Oates 1996
Buck Showalter 2004
Jeff Banister 2015
Actually, I cannot find any evidence that Bobby V. won the award. I got that information from TR Sullivan, but everything I find says he finished 2nd that year.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland isn't really a free agent after 2016. We have 2 years of very affordable team options after 2016.

You're right....I overstated my point.

What I should have said was, "if he doesn't come around to our liking next year, he's outta here."

Yes, he is affordable. But frankly, he's proven to be so undependable, I look for next season to be a make-it, or break-season with us.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right....I overstated my point.

What I should have said was, "if he doesn't come around to our liking next year, he's outta here."

Yes, he is affordable. But frankly, he's proven to be so undependable, I look for next season to be a make-it, or break-season with us.
Personally, I don't think there is anything to suggest that there is a very big possibility of him being a disappointment in 2016 if healthy. Between him, Hamels, Darvish, and Martin I really don't have any worries about their results next year. Maybe I am being too optimistic, but that is how I feel. I personally think Holland will be one of the biggest bargains in baseball over the next 3 seasons.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I guess I should have been a little leery of what TR had to say after he tweeted this.

Status
Not open for further replies.