• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Officially Official Off Season Thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the contract. I don't think they disliked his coaching abilities enough to pay him and another hitting instructor. I think they were hoping he would find something else, but when he didn't they weren't willing to pay him and someone else.

You agree with me! Haha. Well at least partially

Btw I do think your fastballer Connor S is rostered although read he is still getting hit. Evidently needs more movement Ala Mark Lowe

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we have to move Mitch if this is happening. Long shot but now series over, on to another new season. Happy times

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They must really like him if they're bidding on him. Don't wanna miss out on another abreu.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They must really like him if they're bidding on him. Don't wanna miss out on another abreu.
No, we sure don't. We were so close to getting Abreu too.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to the Royals. I am happy for them. I really like their approach to hitting and I still like Edinson and am always happy to see him do well. That being said, I am glad the WS is over and the Hot Stove season can begin.

Hopefully we have a significant amount of money to spend and can find some offense, some bullpen help and a short term fix for the back end of the rotation whether it is through free agency, trades or a healthy combination of both.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to the Royals. I am happy for them. I really like their approach to hitting and I still like Edinson and am always happy to see him do well. That being said, I am glad the WS is over and the Hot Stove season can begin.

Hopefully we have a significant amount of money to spend and can find some offense, some bullpen help and a short term fix for the back end of the rotation whether it is through free agency, trades or a healthy combination of both.

Let the Rangers quest for a WS title in 2016 begin

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing about the Royals winning it in 5 games is that there wasn't a Game __. Well, you know what I mean.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i agree except for the short term fix for the rotation. i'm so tired of the musical chairs fix to the rotation. well A did not work, so let's bring in B, well he didn't work so onto C, and then D ans so on and so forth.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree except for the short term fix for the rotation. i'm so tired of the musical chairs fix to the rotation. well A did not work, so let's bring in B, well he didn't work so onto C, and then D ans so on and so forth.

Injuries have had a lot to do with that. Both Tepesch and Martinez were called on before they were really ready.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This list is garbage. Why would Texas be looking at a FA second or third baseman, period?

I agree. This list was put together without any specific team in mind it seems to me. Just a list of available players by position.

Certainly has nothing whatsoever to do with the Rangers.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar went 2-4 today after a couple of off days at the plate in his last 2 games. Brinson didn't play today. 1B Ronald Guzman was added to the club and went 3 for 3 today. Profar has also been selected to go to the AFL All Star game.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind a short term fix for the 5th spot. That doesn't mean they have to get some washed up has been though. I would understand them not wanting to commit to a long term contract for a guy to fill the 5th spot in the rotation.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD was on The Fan 105.3 just now. He expects to name a pitching coach soon. He compared the decision making on new coaches like a jury selection where several guys have the ability to cross off candidates if they don't like them. Young and Oliver are in that group of decision makers. When asked about payroll flexibility he said they think it is going to remain relatively flat. He wants to add one starter and that may be Colby or Gallardo. Wants to better balance the offense and said there could be a swapping out of a lefty bat for a right bat. Sees the value of an impact catcher. He said Jose Trevino could eventually be an impact catcher. No decision on the QO for Gallardo, but thinks they will make the QO. Darvish expected back early to mid May. That timeframe includes some extra time in case there are any setbacks. He said Gallo was fatigued at the end of the year. His ankle is still bothering him. He thinks of all of the young guys Brinson and Mazar made the most strides and could provide depth for the big club this year. Talked about Park the 1B from Korea and said the process is like the process they went through with Darvish and the winning bid would be announced this coming weekend. All signs are positive with Profar. He is throwing to 105 ft. Profar is happy. JD expects good things from Profar next season.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New York Mets are unlikely to re-sign star outfielder Yoenis Cespedes when he becomes a free agent this off-season, reports ESPN’s Adam Rubin.

Cespedes was traded from the Detroit Tigers to the Mets just minutes before the 2015 trade deadline in exchange for pitching prospects Michael Fulmer and Luis Cessa. In his 57 games in New York, he hit 17 home runs with 44 RBIs while leading his team to the NL East title and eventually the National League pennant.

The Mets are expected to offer Cespedes to return, but will likely not provide a large enough contract to entice him to stay. Cespedes has publicly said he would like to stay in New York, but will reportedly seek a minimum six-year contract via free agency after spending the last two years with four different teams.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD was on The Fan 105.3 just now. He expects to name a pitching coach soon. He compared the decision making on new coaches like a jury selection where several guys have the ability to cross off candidates if they don't like them. Young and Oliver are in that group of decision makers. When asked about payroll flexibility he said they think it is going to remain relatively flat. He wants to add one starter and that may be Colby or Gallardo. Wants to better balance the offense and said there could be a swapping out of a lefty bat for a right bat. Sees the value of an impact catcher. He said Jose Trevino could eventually be an impact catcher. No decision on the QO for Gallardo, but thinks they will make the QO. Darvish expected back early to mid May. That timeframe includes some extra time in case there are any setbacks. He said Gallo was fatigued at the end of the year. His ankle is still bothering him. He thinks of all of the young guys Brinson and Mazar made the most strides and could provide depth for the big club this year. Talked about Park the 1B from Korea and said the process is like the process they went through with Darvish and the winning bid would be announced this coming weekend. All signs are positive with Profar. He is throwing to 105 ft. Profar is happy. JD expects good things from Profar next season.[/QUOT

I heard most of it and I have to think they are getting more SP. JD is careful not to say anything negative about current players. Have to think Colby is back plus another SP via trade or FA. Gonna be interesting to see if we are in play with Park. JD seems optimistic re pen. He name dropped Drew Robinson which makes me think he is added to the roster.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see the fascination with Drew Robinson. Nobody is going to take him and put him on a big league roster next year.

I doubt they bring in two pitchers unless one is on a minor league contract. They are not going to pay for 6 decent to great starting pitchers including Darvish who JD expects to only miss about 5-6 weeks. They may bring in 2 or 3 on a minor league deal along with either Colby or someone similar in production to Colby.

I would love to see them bring in another set up type guy to strengthen the pen. He mentioned they wouldn't be going after any closers, but didn't mention not going after the next level down.

Status
Not open for further replies.