• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Officially Official Off Season Thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait till the end of next season. 5-6 that will NEED to be protected. With a few others that could be added.
Do you have a rundown on who needs to be protected or risk being taken this offseason?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had that same thought many times before, but right off hand I can't think of us ever doing that.

So what happened in those incidents before?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar had his first hitless day and Brinson had the day off.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what happened in those incidents before?
Seems like we have lost very few. I guess we somehow managed to release enough guys like Rosales to open up enough spots and the rest weren't that coveted after by other teams.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah it was a bit close and near the head but oh yes NYM needed a Texan to represent and reestablish who is the alpha team. And then he he says if you don't like it you can meet him 60.6 away. This a good quick read with video of pitch.

One of the high points of the season is Odor Banny, Prince actions in Htown meltdown. We still have always to establish our mental toughness though. Especially with our pitchers.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like we have lost very few. I guess we somehow managed to release enough guys like Rosales to open up enough spots and the rest weren't that coveted after by other teams.

Well, if no one else wanted them then they were just occupying a spot. Sometimes that old "addition-by-subtraction" really does work. ha ha

But in this case, at least according to Xx, we are going to have to make some hard decisions, and some good old fashion, multi-player trades may be in the offing. And I do believe what Xx says, b/c he certainly keeps up with our farm system better than me.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if no one else wanted them then they were just occupying a spot. Sometimes that old "addition-by-subtraction" really does work. ha ha

But in this case, at least according to Xx, we are going to have to make some hard decisions, and some good old fashion, multi-player trades may be in the offing. And I do believe what Xx says, b/c he certainly keeps up with our farm system better than me.
Right now we have 42 including the 2 that will have to be removed from the 60 day DL. A few will leave for free agency. I don't see us losing anyone this year.

If a multi player trade was made shipping out some of the Rule 5 concerns then we would have to match up with a team with plenty of roster space and that might be hard to do.

As far as no one else wanting our minor leaguers in the past I think maybe a qualifier is needed that no one wanted them on their ML roster at that point in time.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so happy that stupid assbag Joe Buck got a chance to mention 2011 in tonight's broadcast. You know that fucker was just chomping at the bit to shoehorn that shit in.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Break Joe Buck's heart. Win one more KC.:yes:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen plenty of people postulated that Jeff was asked to give everyone in place one year before he started bringing in his own guys. So that's not too surprising that they parted ways with Mags.

And to me, this seems quite fair to all parties really.

I don't think Mags did as bad a job as some do, but then again, it doesn't exactly hurt my feelings he's outta here either.

Turnover in staff is part of the game too ya know?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen plenty of people postulated that Jeff was asked to give everyone in place one year before he started bringing in his own guys. So that's not too surprising that they parted ways with Mags.
They did allow Magadan to look around last year and he coudn't find any place to go.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did allow Magadan to look around last year and he coudn't find any place to go.

They were ready to let him go IMO but did not want to pay the contract. I think they were glad with as well we did but it would appear credit for improvements went to injury recovery, a wife's encouragement, minor league batting instructor tips and a 3rd base coach getting real. Am I missing something? Oh yeah. Gallo regressed as well as Rua. I know it is mainly on the hitters but...

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were ready to let him go IMO but did not want to pay the contract. I think they were glad with as well we did but it would appear credit for improvements went to injury recovery, a wife's encouragement, minor league batting instructor tips and a 3rd base coach getting real. Am I missing something? Oh yeah. Gallo regressed as well as Rua. I know it is mainly on the hitters but...
I agree about the contract. I don't think they disliked his coaching abilities enough to pay him and another hitting instructor. I think they were hoping he would find something else, but when he didn't they weren't willing to pay him and someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.