• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official World Cup Thread

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we are boys! The greatest, most exciting event in sports (yes, sorry soccer haters). Who ya got?

My heart is always with Spain but Germany looks really, really strong looking at the entire lineup as a whole. Their midfield is just unfair with Khedira, Ozil, Schweinsteiger, and Muller.

Gonna be really hard to stop Brazil's offense too, especially with them being the home team. Neymar is just on another level.

On another note Messi really needs to carry the Argentinean team for the sake of his legacy. He's a monster in league play but he done jack shit nationally.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend told me that a European team has never won when the World Cup is in South America. I say Brazil takes it.

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA!! USA!! USA!!....maybe a combo of Julian Green/Mix Diskerud can take em to the promise land....:L

Germany/Brazil/Spain/Argentina are the favorites. Argentina doesn't have much D so I don't see them out of the quarterfinals. But you never know.

A team like Italy/England or Portugal could have a nice run if players like Pirlo/Rooney/Ronaldo have a special world cup.

IMO France/ Columbia are finished after losing Ribery/Falcao respectively.

My sleeper team is Belgium. They have a nice all around squad. I predict them into the Semi-finals.

With all that said...Spain is very tempting....but I gotta go with Germany. Unfair is right. :suds:

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fine 4 is Brazil, Spain, Germany and Argentina with Argentina beating Brazil to win it all. I hope USA can get out of the group but I doubt they will.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would die if Argentina wins it all.... as a Real Madrid fan and being half Uruguayan... the agony!!

but very excited for the teams to play, very disappointed that Brazil is coming off as Socci via social outlets so I hope all goes well and the tourist leave with good to great experiences...

I have Germany v Brazil & Uruguay vs Port/Arg(forgot how it plays out) with Uruguay over Brazil for the stunner!!!!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look forward to this more then the Olympics, but that could be because of the networks poor coverage of the Olympics. There's always a group of death and USA is in it so hopefully they'll put on a good show and maybe by some miracle advance to the second round. I say Germany takes the Cup this year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Germany definitely in line to capture the title... looked so in 2010 and hasn't changed course IMO...

hopefully homefield can give the south americans that extra boost.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upset special: Croatia wins todays but brazil still wins the cup

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much pressure on Brazil. They get upset in the quarters or semis.

If USA gets their defense straightened out, they can make a little run.....not feeling it though.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If USA gets their defense straightened out, they can make a little run.....not feeling it though.

Never see us becoming soccer powerhouse. Not enough support for soccer in this country.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never see us becoming soccer powerhouse. Not enough support for soccer in this country.

I think it will happen over a long period of time......our talent level is at an all time high right now.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to be clear I agree we may never be Brazil or Germany but we can be a competitive team with runs every now and then in future a World Cups. A strong Tier II team if you will.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm going with Germany winning against Spain in the final. Brazil and Argentina don't have balanced rosters. Homefield advantage will get em to the semis, but that's about it.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brazil is wild and suspect on Defense despite having some "high" profile names back there. If they play a defensive counter team, they'll be in trouble.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Support plays a role for sure but it also comes down to actual individual skill level with both physically and mentally. You can be the fastest guy on the pitch but with no sense of direction, creativity, finesse or able to play 3 steps ahead, you're no threat. You can be the innovative, fancy, flashy type baller but with no physical capabilities to embrace those skills, you're sitting.

Soccer just needs to be played. There's no real need for a system or structure for young ages. That's where you learn how to play, how to counter, anticipate, see the field, RELY on your teammates, create setups or finishes etc... know how to cross, lob, dribble, pace, touch and control... get that down and you'll play faster.... the older you get, apply what you know in the systems or structures that will define your role.

You got to play natural, feel natural when playing soccer. No outside equipment needed, a ball and some legs is all one needs... that's it.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will happen over a long period of time......our talent level is at an all time high right now.

while that may be true, doesn't look good for me personally. Of course, this is all part of the transition for Klingsmann implementation. So we'll start seeing different players in n out...

We really need someone who can create and control the ball in the midfield... Real quality midfielders will send the team far....

anyone can have strikers and defendors, but its the middle of the field where you find the gaps between the elite and the average.(and strikers of high caliber also influence this of course lol)

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while that may be true, doesn't look good for me personally. Of course, this is all part of the transition for Klingsmann implementation. So we'll start seeing different players in n out...

We really need someone who can create and control the ball in the midfield... Real quality midfielders will send the team far....

anyone can have strikers and defendors, but its the middle of the field where you find the gaps between the elite and the average.(and strikers of high caliber also influence this of course lol)

Well what I've always hated about our program is the "try not to lose" approach. Either play for a tie or if we get a goal we hold on for dear life. Bad strategy somewhat dictated by personnel but we have to get more offensive minded. With Jurgen we seem to attack offensively even with a lead. I like that.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what I've always hated about our program is the "try not to lose" approach. Either play for a tie or if we get a goal we hold on for dear life. Bad strategy somewhat dictated by personnel but we have to get more offensive minded. With Jurgen we seem to attack offensively even with a lead. I like that.

I agree... keep attacking, don't overrate your own defense either lol... goals can happen in minutes..

:suds: