• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART6

Status
Not open for further replies.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Rie -

[and the rest of you losers! :wink:]

MISK -

We have 15 & snowing

Gotta get ready for work

[glad I don't work outside anymore - :tape: - sorry MISK]

Steelersrie

Go Lil E #88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i read somewhere today that having firearms in my house should increase my HOI premiums but when i signed up they were never discussed...is this something i was supposed to know about and bring up on my own or do you think that my insurer just doesn't care?

If you have a homeowners policy, the premium does NOT go up because you have guns in the house, not in Florida and not under the ISO standard homeowner's policy. Because this could affect you, a simple thing to do is call your agent because I may just have some more questions you can ask them....

You are not required to tell your agent about the guns, but you could be out a lot of money if you don't. You can schedule your guns on your homeowners insurance (here in FL it costs approx $3. per $100 in value for fired guns, $1.50 per $100 for collectibles)

Standard homeowners policies (not including State Farm ~ they write their own policies) usually follow the ISO HO-3, if you have that... You have $2000for THEFT of guns and that requires VISIBLE signs of entry. You get the door smashed in, and stuff was stolen, that's visible signs of entry. Also, you must prove your loss ~ which means have an inventory, pictures and lists with serial numbers or descriptions, values, etc. It's a whole lot easier being paid for a claim because you could prove the loss than trying to build and inventory afterwards and nothing to document the items.

It is my recommendation that you schedule guns. You get "All Risk" coverage when you schedule, so if you were out hunting, left your prized shotgun on the trail and never saw it again... that is mysterious disappearance, when scheduled, covered, when not schedule, you are SOL.

Works the same for jewelry, silver, fine arts, golf equipment, musical instruments, etc... it's not expensive and it's better to have it than not.

But again, I have never heard of an insurance company that would increase your premiums just because you own guns. If that were the case, nearly every insured in Florida would pay more, cause these are some gun lovin peeps down here :usa: They will increase your premium when you specifically insure the guns based on their value. That's called scheduling, the form is HO-61, and it's added to your homeowners.

*if your homeowner's company doesn't 'schedule' then ask your agent to get you a quote for a Personal Articles Floater for the guns.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While hiking down along the border this morning, I saw a Muslim extremist fall into the Rio Grande River . He was struggling to stay afloat because of all the guns and bombs he was carrying.

Along with him was a Mexican who was also struggling to stay afloat because of the large backpack of drugs that was strapped to his back. If they didn't get help, they'd surely drown.

Being a responsible Texan and abiding by the law to help those in distress, I informed the El Paso County Sheriff 's Office and Homeland Security.

It is now 4 PM, both have drowned, and neither authority has responded. I'm starting to think I wasted two stamps.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While hiking down along the border this morning, I saw a Muslim extremist fall into the Rio Grande River . He was struggling to stay afloat because of all the guns and bombs he was carrying.

Along with him was a Mexican who was also struggling to stay afloat because of the large backpack of drugs that was strapped to his back. If they didn't get help, they'd surely drown.

Being a responsible Texan and abiding by the law to help those in distress, I informed the El Paso County Sheriff 's Office and Homeland Security.

It is now 4 PM, both have drowned, and neither authority has responded. I'm starting to think I wasted two stamps.

that's funny except there is no law stating you have to help someone

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have a homeowners policy, the premium does NOT go up because you have guns in the house, not in Florida and not under the ISO standard homeowner's policy. Because this could affect you, a simple thing to do is call your agent because I may just have some more questions you can ask them....

You are not required to tell your agent about the guns, but you could be out a lot of money if you don't. You can schedule your guns on your homeowners insurance (here in FL it costs approx $3. per $100 in value for fired guns, $1.50 per $100 for collectibles)

Standard homeowners policies (not including State Farm ~ they write their own policies) usually follow the ISO HO-3, if you have that... You have $2000for THEFT of guns and that requires VISIBLE signs of entry. You get the door smashed in, and stuff was stolen, that's visible signs of entry. Also, you must prove your loss ~ which means have an inventory, pictures and lists with serial numbers or descriptions, values, etc. It's a whole lot easier being paid for a claim because you could prove the loss than trying to build and inventory afterwards and nothing to document the items.

It is my recommendation that you schedule guns. You get "All Risk" coverage when you schedule, so if you were out hunting, left your prized shotgun on the trail and never saw it again... that is mysterious disappearance, when scheduled, covered, when not schedule, you are SOL.

Works the same for jewelry, silver, fine arts, golf equipment, musical instruments, etc... it's not expensive and it's better to have it than not.

But again, I have never heard of an insurance company that would increase your premiums just because you own guns. If that were the case, nearly every insured in Florida would pay more, cause these are some gun lovin peeps down here :usa: They will increase your premium when you specifically insure the guns based on their value. That's called scheduling, the form is HO-61, and it's added to your homeowners.

*if your homeowner's company doesn't 'schedule' then ask your agent to get you a quote for a Personal Articles Floater for the guns.

thanks, rie, i will look into all of that

Steelersrie

Go Lil E #88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.