• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART5

Status
Not open for further replies.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started to snow about 1/2 hour ago - maybe this will stick.
[don't really care since I haven't gone skiing in about 6 years - but wouldn't mind using the new snow-blower]

"First Take" commentators said Steelers defensive game plan was "stupid".
[Bayless for one is a moron, so . . . ]
Don't know if I agree, but I still think they should've / could've hammered Tebow.

Last edited by a moderator:

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too tk if we would have played the first half like we did the second half we would be playin the pats this sunday ... but that is what happens when you play only 30 minuets of football... we shall return no problem

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
2nd lol, Been reading thru the post since Sunday. I had a bad experience yesterday @ McDonalds twice... 1st we were parked for a sausage mcmuffin with egg and a sausage biscuit?? They weren't even that busy. Last night the dinner that Kramer fixed was nasty, before you all say it's his fault, lmao it wasn't brought this La Choy all you add is the chicken and it was disgusting, so I hit Mc Donalds again last night got parked for the nuggets, so i checked to make sure they had the sauces I requested and didn't ck to see if my sandwich was in the bag, guess what it wasn't and the fries were raw, so I went back, my sandwich was cold and the 2nd fries were raw, ugh..

Uh oh! Hope it wasn't the Sweet Sesame Chicken from La Choy. lol
We have some, but never tried it yet..

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Me too -
Works @ colder temps [so "they" say].
I was told it's easier on new concrete [my sidewalk & driveway are only 2 years old] as well.

It's not the salt directly to blame, it's what it and all the other products do.
They make the ice melt in lower temps so the concrete actually goes through more freeze thaw periods than normal, that allows the water to penetrate the surface and expand (pop the top of concrete) when it refreezes.
The best thing is to keep it shoveled so when you need ice melt, it will melt once and be clear. No chance of refreezing.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the salt directly to blame, it's what it and all the other products do.
They make the ice melt in lower temps so the concrete actually goes through more freeze thaw periods than normal, that allows the water to penetrate the surface and expand (pop the top of concrete) when it refreezes.
The best thing is to keep it shoveled so when you need ice melt, it will melt once and be clear. No chance of refreezing.
There's our expert!

Now I was told that calcium chloride would be less harsh since cc is alredy in cement.
Is that true or does it matter?

I did keep the sidewalk quite clean by using a decent shovel for clean-up. when the sun comes out it does the rest.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too tk if we would have played the first half like we did the second half we would be playin the pats this sunday ... but that is what happens when you play only 30 minuets of football... we shall return no problem
I think everyone has had to deal with that situation = frustrating.

I expect they'll be back next year

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
There's our expert!

Now I was told that calcium chloride would be less harsh since cc is alredy in cement.
Is that true or does it matter?

I did keep the sidewalk quite clean by using a decent shovel for clean-up. when the sun comes out it does the rest.

All salt is a form of calcium. It's the continuing freeze/ thaws that tear the concrete up. Calcium chloride is corrosive too. You should see what it does to rebar or wire mesh after a couple years.
In one of our contractor meetings that ready mix companies give, they said you could put a pile of straight salt on concrete and let it sit on there all year and it wouldn't effect it one bit.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats up tk,jr,rie and the rest of you guys? We got the snow starting to come down a little bit,of things to come!:)

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Afternoon Blue,
We had a few flakes, didn't amount to anything though. Cold as shit though..lol

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1