• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART5

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leftover beef stroganov on wide noodles. T'was very tasty.

But still no word. I feel like an expectant grandfather.

Steelersrie

Go Lil E #88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanx, friends.

And Ghost, I'd absolutely agree with you if my niece's chosen field was in business or industry. But those counselors knew damn well that she wanted to go into education. What could be more inspirational than a former LD student TEACHING other LD students? When a kid says to her "I can't," she can say "Don't give me that...I was in your place once...I was LD...if I could do it, so can you!" But her counselors told her to hide it. Of course, those assholes thought she could never pass college courses.

Do y'all remember Rocky Bleier? I'm sure that Ghost and Misk do...not sure about Rie...never ask a woman her age, and all that. For any younger fans who don't, Rocky was with the Steelers when they won their first 4 Super Bowls. Good running back in his own right, and a helluva blocker...Franco Harris owed at least part of his own success to Rocky's efforts as a blocker. But the amazing thing about him...what REALLY made him a hero...was that he was severely wounded in Viet Nam. The docs thought he'd never walk normally again, let alone run. But he refused to give up, and went on to have a great career in the NFL...against all the odds. Of all the Steelers from the original glory days, I admire him the most.

We need heroes. We need to be inspired by those who beat the odds. That's why I'm pissed at those counselors.

Sorry...venting again, I suppose.

Vent away....

and I don't care who knows how old I am, all that shit is out on the internet anyways if ya know where to look. I'm 46

and so you know, I've been a Steelergirl since I was 7, December 1972, Immaculate Reception, and yes, I remember Rocky Blier. :)

Steelersrie

Go Lil E #88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I think I have successfully gotten away with doing as little as f*ckin possible today. Problem is, my butt is numb from not moving away from this damn computer :L

MS ~ you may be signed off and getting ready for your visitors, but if you haven't and you see this... ~ Good luck!!!

No one's on (or posting anyways) so I'm gonna go rep who I can then check some of the other pages.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, boy. Text message from niece just came in. Going to open it in a minute, when I go out for a smoke. Keep yer fingers crossed. BRB.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARRRRRRGHHHHH ! ! !

I am going to strangle that girl ! ! If she were my daughter, I'd turn her over my knee!

The text was just an auto-forwarded Steelers injury Report. Jesus, Mary and Joseph, GIVE ME STRENGTH ! ! ! ! If I don't hear something soon, I'll tear what's left of my hair out! :frusty:

BTW, it looks like we will have Woodley and Troy back for this wk's game...both are lister as "probable."

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lipstick in Catholic School

According to a news report, a certain private Catholic school in Brisbane was recently faced with a unique problem. A number of 12-year-old girls were beginning to use lipstick and would put it on in the bathroom. That was fine provided it was of a natural or neutral skin tone -- but after they put on their lipstick they would press their lips to the mirror leaving dozens of little lip prints.

Every night the maintenance man would remove them and the next day the girls would put them back.

Finally the principal, Sister Paschal, decided that something had to be done. She called all the girls to the bathroom and met them there with the maintenance man. She explained that all these lip prints were causing a major problem for the custodian who had to clean the mirrors every night (you can just imagine the yawns from the little princesses).

To demonstrate how difficult it had been to clean the mirrors, Sister Paschal asked the maintenance man to show the girls how much effort was required.

He took out a long-handled squeegee, dipped it in the toilet, and cleaned the mirror with it. Since then, there have been no lip prints on the mirror.

There are teachers... and then there are educators.

Steelersrie

Go Lil E #88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARRRRRRGHHHHH ! ! !

I am going to strangle that girl ! ! If she were my daughter, I'd turn her over my knee!

The text was just an auto-forwarded Steelers injury Report. Jesus, Mary and Joseph, GIVE ME STRENGTH ! ! ! ! If I don't hear something soon, I'll tear what's left of my hair out! :frusty:

BTW, it looks like we will have Woodley and Troy back for this wk's game...both are lister as "probable."

Both posted on their facebook pages that they were cleared and practicing.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steeler peeps, your attention please:

SHE DID IT ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

firework_animated.gif

And they said she'd never get her degree. Here's to you, guidance counselors: PFFFFFFFFT ! ! !

Thanx for your prayers, everyone!

Steelerin MS

Seriously?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steeler peeps, your attention please:

SHE DID IT ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

firework_animated.gif

And they said she'd never get her degree. Here's to you, guidance counselors: PFFFFFFFFT ! ! !

Thanx for your prayers, everyone!

THAT IS GREAT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.