• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART5

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad I didn't put and $ down on that game last night. WOW, lol VY stunk it up.
Too bad we don't get the Beagles in a game this year-- might actually get our Turnover Margin back to even. the D would have it's insane confidence back! LOL

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning, everyone.

Well, my day isn't off to the best possible start. Found out I'll miss a big chunk of the Cincy game, due to our annual memorial service at the Elks Lodge. But that's trivial, compared to the rest.

My niece, who's been staying with me while student teaching, has her final assessment today. She stayed up til 2:00 AM preparing. Poor kid's an emotional basket case. Most of her work has been top notch, but they told her a couple of wks ago that she wouldn't pass unless her organizational/paperwork skills improved. So she's been busting her backside to correct the problem.

Anyway, here's what I'm upset about. Neither her supervisor from the university, nor the local teacher she's working with, is aware of WHY she has paperwork problems, or why she has chosen to work with learning-disabled kids...she's L.D. herself, and HASN'T TOLD THEM ! ! ! They have no fucking clue of what she's had to overcome, because she was told in high school not to talk about it. They told her it would be seen as a weakness! :doh:

If I didn't have wrok to do, I'd be on my way to PA right now, to beat the living shit out of those guidance counselors ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I gave her the best pep talk that I could this morning. I just hope she keeps it together.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning, everyone.

Well, my day isn't off to the best possible start. Found out I'll miss a big chunk of the Cincy game, due to our annual memorial service at the Elks Lodge. But that's trivial, compared to the rest.

My niece, who's been staying with me while student teaching, has her final assessment today. She stayed up til 2:00 AM preparing. Poor kid's an emotional basket case. Most of her work has been top notch, but they told her a couple of wks ago that she wouldn't pass unless her organizational/paperwork skills improved. So she's been busting her backside to correct the problem.

Anyway, here's what I'm upset about. Neither her supervisor from the university, nor the local teacher she's working with, is aware of WHY she has paperwork problems, or why she has chosen to work with learning-disabled kids...she's L.D. herself, and HASN'T TOLD THEM ! ! ! They have no fucking clue of what she's had to overcome, because she was told in high school not to talk about it. They told her it would be seen as a weakness! :doh:

If I didn't have wrok to do, I'd be on my way to PA right now, to beat the living shit out of those guidance counselors ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I gave her the best pep talk that I could this morning. I just hope she keeps it together.

I can see why you are upset but they are right employers have a tendecy to look at that as a weakness,I wish I could say differently

Steelersrie

Go Lil E #88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning, everyone.

Happy thoughts and prayers flying North ~ please keep us apprised of how she does today.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanx, friends.

And Ghost, I'd absolutely agree with you if my niece's chosen field was in business or industry. But those counselors knew damn well that she wanted to go into education. What could be more inspirational than a former LD student TEACHING other LD students? When a kid says to her "I can't," she can say "Don't give me that...I was in your place once...I was LD...if I could do it, so can you!" But her counselors told her to hide it. Of course, those assholes thought she could never pass college courses.

Do y'all remember Rocky Bleier? I'm sure that Ghost and Misk do...not sure about Rie...never ask a woman her age, and all that. For any younger fans who don't, Rocky was with the Steelers when they won their first 4 Super Bowls. Good running back in his own right, and a helluva blocker...Franco Harris owed at least part of his own success to Rocky's efforts as a blocker. But the amazing thing about him...what REALLY made him a hero...was that he was severely wounded in Viet Nam. The docs thought he'd never walk normally again, let alone run. But he refused to give up, and went on to have a great career in the NFL...against all the odds. Of all the Steelers from the original glory days, I admire him the most.

We need heroes. We need to be inspired by those who beat the odds. That's why I'm pissed at those counselors.

Sorry...venting again, I suppose.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanx, friends.

And Ghost, I'd absolutely agree with you if my niece's chosen field was in business or industry. But those counselors knew damn well that she wanted to go into education. What could be more inspirational than a former LD student TEACHING other LD students? When a kid says to her "I can't," she can say "Don't give me that...I was in your place once...I was LD...if I could do it, so can you!" But her counselors told her to hide it. Of course, those assholes thought she could never pass college courses.

Do y'all remember Rocky Bleier? I'm sure that Ghost and Misk do...not sure about Rie...never ask a woman her age, and all that. For any younger fans who don't, Rocky was with the Steelers when they won their first 4 Super Bowls. Good running back in his own right, and a helluva blocker...Franco Harris owed at least part of his own success to Rocky's efforts as a blocker. But the amazing thing about him...what REALLY made him a hero...was that he was severely wounded in Viet Nam. The docs thought he'd never walk normally again, let alone run. But he refused to give up, and went on to have a great career in the NFL...against all the odds. Of all the Steelers from the original glory days, I admire him the most.

We need heroes. We need to be inspired by those who beat the odds. That's why I'm pissed at those counselors.

Sorry...venting again, I suppose.

YOU GO RIGHT AHEAD AND VENT MY FRIEND,,,,,,,,,,,,,

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember rockey .. actually have met him my brother is a othropedic surgen and he redid rockey's knees for him .. met him through my brother

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no word from my niece. By now she knows the verdict, so to speak. Was hoping she'd shoot a text message to me during lunch.

Well, I'm going to lunch myself. BBL.

Status
Not open for further replies.