• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART4

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, 13-3 or 12-4 and a WC.
Tough road in the playoffs, but liked a lot of the improvement I saw last night, even if it ended in a tough L

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well at least it was a very close game and not a blowout we played tough untill the end

the steelers like being the underdogs in the playoffs anyway

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MISK -
Hey, just so you know - late in the game I was gonna post that I just didn't think Flacco could do the job, but I thought that would jinx it for you.

I still don't think he's more than a mid-tier QB.

Steelersrie

Go Lil E #88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RavensStillSuck.jpg

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers Report Card: Game 9 vs. Ravens
Monday, November 07, 2011
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

QUARTERBACKS B+

Ben Roethlisberger came back from a shaky start to complete 7 of 11 passes for 124 yards and a pair of late scores to overcome a 10-point deficit. Unlike the way he had performed during the four-game winning streak, Roethlisberger looked unsure in the first half when he complete just 7 of 15 passes for 115 yards. An interception in the red zone on the first possession of the second half almost changed the momentum.

RUNNING BACKS C

Rashard Mendenhall didn't get a lot of carries, but was effective when he did, especially in the second half. He gained 29 yards on his first six carries, including a 1-yard TD run. The Steelers rushed for only 26 yards on eight carries in the first half, but came out in the second half with three consecutive runs by Mendenhall for 13 yards and he had 32 yards rushing on six carries in the third quarter.

WIDE RECEIVERS B

Already without Emmanuel Sanders, the Steelers lost Hines Ward (stinger) and Arnaz Battle (hamstring) in the first 20 minutes, leaving them with just three wide receivers. Antonio Brown had two catches for 52 yards in the first half, including a 32-yarder to set up a field goal. Mike Wallace did not have a catch in the first half, but he had a big catch -- a 25-yarder for the go-ahead TD late in the fourth.

OFFENSIVE LINE B-

Actually, the line did a decent job in run blocking and Roethlisberger was sacked just once in the first half. The running game showed life in the second half, especially Mendenhall. But the Steelers didn't stick with it enough once they took the lead in the fourth quarter. The Steelers didn't utilize Mendenhall enough when they needed to control the clock and run out the time against the Ravens.

DEFENSIVE LINE C+

It looked like a repeat of the last game when Ray Rice ran 76 yards for an apparent TD on the first play, but the play was negated by a holding penalty. Otherwise, the Ravens rushed for just 37 yards on 17 carries in the first half and finished with 67 yards on 27 carries. And the line did a good job stuffing two runs from the 1 on the opening series, forcing the Ravens to settle for a field goal.

Read more: Steelers Report Card: Game 9 vs. Ravens

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LINEBACKERS B-

The Steelers were without LaMarr Woodley and James Farrior, but James Harrison had three sacks and a forced fumble in his return from a four-game absence. Larry Foote was outstanding replacing Farrior. The Ravens were able to convert 7 of their first 10 third-down chances in the first half and 14 of 21 overall, allowing them to control the football for nearly 18 minutes in the first half.

DEFENSIVE BACKS F

They let QB Joe Flacco drive 92 yards and complete 7 of 13 passes for the winning TD to Torrey Smith over William Gay. Gay also had a pas interference call in the end zone that set up an early FG. And a personal foul against S Ryan Clark kept alive a drive that resulted in a field goal. A pass interference penalty against CB Ike Taylor at the Steelers 4 set up the TD that gave the Ravens a 16-6 lead.

SPECIAL TEAMS D

Shaun Suisham kicked two field goals in the second quarter -- the only points managed by the offense in the first half -- but the team took a costly delay of game penalty late in the fourth quarter that prevented Suisham from attempting a 47-yard field goal to put the game away. But the kick-coverage unit was sloppy, allowing returns of 45 and 32 yards to David Reid -- each resulting in a field goal.

COACHING D

For most of the game, the Steelers really had no answer again for the Ravens, either offensively or defensively. They're lucky Rice's TD run on the first play was negated by a penalty. Once again, the defense appeared unsure how to stop the Ravens in the first half when they gained 176 yards and controlled the ball for 18 minutes. And they couldn't stop them on a 92-yard drive at the end.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how is the crew doing today

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey boys [& Rie] -

It's kinda cool that both North divisions are so tough.
Holy cow Blue . . . Bengals? . . . finally!
You've got a heck of a battle brewing for the AFC North title.

netsteeler

Warning! now your out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MISK -
Hey, just so you know - late in the game I was gonna post that I just didn't think Flacco could do the job, but I thought that would jinx it for you.

I still don't think he's more than a mid-tier QB.

so this team can stop Tammy Brady, but joe blow fluuco can drive at will agianst us?

shittty coaching, plain and simple!

Status
Not open for further replies.