• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART 14

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning yinz!

Only a few weeks left until draft day!

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Afternoon, all.

A quick prayer:

Lord, let us draft well.
For free agency giveth, and free agency taketh away (and in the Burgh, it usually taketh more than it giveth).
But the draft doth build the future; yes, it certainly doth.
So give us new blood, and for once, keep them healthy.
Amen.

OK, not my best work, but I'm only a lodge chaplain, not a real preacher.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Not much Misko, just work..
Definitely enjoying the weather 'round here..

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup the weather will be nicer tomorrow .. mid 70's

I gotta head to the shop .. gotta pick up my granddaughter tonight after her lacrosse practice

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep it down over there JR

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Afternoon, all.

A quick prayer:

Lord, let us draft well.
For free agency giveth, and free agency taketh away (and in the Burgh, it usually taketh more than it giveth).
But the draft doth build the future; yes, it certainly doth.
So give us new blood, and for once, keep them healthy.
Amen.

OK, not my best work, but I'm only a lodge chaplain, not a real preacher.

:10: AMEN!!!

Damn good prayer! Might have to print this off and post it around the office!

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette says that the Steelers would like to take a wide receiver early. If he's available, the team may not be able to pass up on Mike Evans: "But the Steelers are hoping they can be more productive this year with the development of Markus Wheaton, the signing of free-agent Lance Moore from the New Orleans Saints and the very real possibility they will take a tall wide receiver in the first or second round of the draft. They would like to draft Mike Evans of Texas A&M, a 6-foot-5, 231-pound receiver whose stock soared even more when he ran a sub-4.5 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine. But Evans might not be available when the Steelers pick at No. 15 overall." Evans is considered a top draft pick and it'd be surprising if he fell to the Steelers on Draft Day. The team is hoping that Markus Wheaton can improve in his second year, so maybe receiver isn't the best choice with the first pick. What do you think? Is wide receiver a position of need and should the Steelers take Evans if he's available?

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
559446_554746657913656_453894939_n.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette says that the Steelers would like to take a wide receiver early. If he's available, the team may not be able to pass up on Mike Evans: "But the Steelers are hoping they can be more productive this year with the development of Markus Wheaton, the signing of free-agent Lance Moore from the New Orleans Saints and the very real possibility they will take a tall wide receiver in the first or second round of the draft. They would like to draft Mike Evans of Texas A&M, a 6-foot-5, 231-pound receiver whose stock soared even more when he ran a sub-4.5 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine. But Evans might not be available when the Steelers pick at No. 15 overall." Evans is considered a top draft pick and it'd be surprising if he fell to the Steelers on Draft Day. The team is hoping that Markus Wheaton can improve in his second year, so maybe receiver isn't the best choice with the first pick. What do you think? Is wide receiver a position of need and should the Steelers take Evans if he's available?

I think that drafting Evans is hands down the best move they can make… If Evans is gone, I think they should try to trade back to later in the 1st (20-25th picks range) to get either Kelvin Benjamin, Louis Nix, or CJ Mosley. A lot of people are mocking either CB Dennard or CB Gilbert if Evans is gone, but IMO they are both pretty risky. Not to say that anyone isn't risky, but those 2 in particular carry some level of "in need of coaching". After those top 2 CB's, the pool is pretty deep. They can easily find a 1st round talent CB in the 2nd (Fuller, Verrett, Roby, Roberson/Watkins) Nix & Mosley can be landed later in round 1, so trading back for another 2nd rounder would be worthwhile!

Kelvin Benjamin is a good pick @15, but I don't like him as much as Evans. Here's something to think about with Benjamin when comparing him to someone…
Benjamin
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 240
40-yd dash: 4.61s

Plaxico Burress (back in 2000)
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 231 lbs
40-yd dash: 4.59s

Now judging off face value I would say he is pretty much the exact same player… And Burress was well worth the draft pick in time. He wasn't an instant rookie impact (played 12 games and accumulated just 273 yards), but he exploded in year 2 (1000+ yards). His rookie season can be blamed mostly on Tommy Maddox though lol. With Ben at the helm, I could see either Evans or Benjamin having a huge season. But like I said… Evans is my favorite. He's more athletic and faster.

Last edited by a moderator: