• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The official Super Bowl LIII Thread

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 197277

LAR "DL" View attachment 197275

KC "DL". View attachment 197276

LAR has a great interior, but their edgerushers are very very ungood.KC has some degree of sack inflation as being ahead does encourage teams to stumble into the smart way to score and put up yards (passing), but even on adjusted sack rates, KC still ranks pretty good; which makes sense when the pass rush has 3 very good players, including the EDGE who generated the most pressures in the NFL (Dee Ford) between Justin Houston (EDGE), Chris Jones (2nd best interior rusher in the NFL) and Dee Ford (Also an EDGE).

KC vs LAR pass rush just tells me that it's better to be bad and have pressures off the edge than the interior as a general rule.

You are right on the edge, Fowler only started 6 games for Rams going into the playoffs, it took time for the defensive line to get some cohesion. Now they hit their stride in the postseason, as evident with 7 qb hits on Brees, 4 tfl, etc.

Interior pressure is lot more effective at disrupting a play than edge, edge is also easier to block.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right on the edge, Fowler only started 6 games for Rams going into the playoffs, it took time for the defensive line to get some cohesion. Now they hit their stride in the postseason, as evident with 7 qb hits on Brees, 4 tfl, etc.

Interior pressure is lot more effective at disrupting a play than edge, edge is also easier to block.
IDK about that anymore. Used to think that though, the PFF nerds which I am pretty sure (tell me if I am wrong) that you are citing pressures from also is gonna be the same group that tells you the data illuminates the following. Tends to imply EDGE pressure is worth more or higher quality than the typical interior pressure.

EDGE>Interior

Donald... is not a normal interior guy, tbf.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting 7 hits on Brady can be more effective than two or three sacks

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I told you, Pats haven't faced this good of interior pressure all year

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on the QB. Guys like Brady and P. Manning who prefer to move vertical? Yup. Guys who can move far more lateral, like Rodgers? Not as much. As far as which is easier to block....that's really depending on scheme and what's asked of the lineman. Philips don't give no fucks about the run, and asks his LA guys to simply go after the QB. That's what Donald is, anyways...a 3T who splits lineman. He's not really that stout against the run, so, whey even employ that tactic.

Speed kills more on the outside, and generally requires some more skilled guys to stick in and block.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed to always been that the interior rush messes with his vision and timing to the same extent as all QBs, but that he is essentially immune to any edge pressure short of a sack. NYG showed this in Super Bowls.The Eagles lead the NFL in pressure in 2017, they won the Super Bowl.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the QB. Guys like Brady and P. Manning who prefer to move vertical? Yup. Guys who can move far more lateral, like Rodgers? Not as much. As far as which is easier to block....that's really depending on scheme and what's asked of the lineman. Philips don't give no fucks about the run, and asks his LA guys to simply go after the QB. That's what Donald is, anyways...a 3T who splits lineman. He's not really that stout against the run, so, whey even employ that tactic.

Speed kills more on the outside, and generally requires some more skilled guys to stick in and block.

Yeah, and they have been pretty against the run in the playoffs and still applying pressure

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said earlier. the Rams are more than capable of winning in the trenches

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed to always been that the interior rush messes with his vision and timing to the same extent as all QBs, but that he is essentially immune to any edge pressure short of a sack. NYG showed this in Super Bowls.The Eagles lead the NFL in pressure in 2017, they won the Super Bowl.

I don't remember the Eagles doing jack squat with Brady until they forced a fumble.

And besides....the last game that most people envision Brady taking any kind of pressure was the playoffs against Denver when it was Ware and Miller off the edge.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember the Eagles doing jack squat with Brady until they forced a fumble.

And besides....the last game that most people envision Brady taking any kind of pressure was the playoffs against Denver when it was Ware and Miller off the edge.

That is true on the Eagles, just throwing in a nugget about leading the NFL in pressures last year, but let face the fact they aren't so good as the Rams when it comes to interior pressure

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you keep arguing sacks, and I'm arguing pressure. One of the things you are ignoring, is when Rams opponents play them, they stress to the quarterback the importance of getting the ball out quickly because of the pressure of Donald. You seem not to understand the difference between interior pressure and edge pressure. To compare the two and dismiss it entirely and think the Chiefs generated the same kind of pressure because they lead the NFL in sacks, is illogical
Yes and we all know Brady is a master at getting the ball out qyickly. He's been hit, not sacked 3xs in his last 90 drop backs. NE has faced some of the best pass rushing teams (read that as pressure).
But you're a homer so naturally you think the Rams will be different. You'd better hope Gurley is 100% or this could get ugly early forcing Goff into throwing situations and making mistakes.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wade may change his tune once James Develin the human battering ram who benches 500 and squats 650+ starts hammering that weak LB corps and DBs. Rams haven't faced a FB like Develin, Gronk and the rest of the NE Oline coached by the best Oline coach in the league.
Good luck

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from a fan of a team That was up 28-3 and literally swallowed a whole chicken, not just a bone.

I guess that means I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Don't act stupid.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I were a Ram fan I wouldn't use the Feables D as a measuring stick. If Brady puts up another 500+ yards the Rams will lose and lose big.
FWIW I don't think Brady even gets 400. NE is going at least 50% run and short passes over the middle exploiting the Rams BIGGEST weakness.
That's what the do, this isn't homer shit.