• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The official Super Bowl LIII Thread

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams win 36-27. Donald is the MVP.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, Suh is not a pass rusher, at least not the same as he was with the Lions. He was never a good rusher with the Dolphins. Aaron Donal takes advantage of the fact that many teams give too much attention to Suh and that allows him access to the QB up the gut, and he's outstanding at taking full advantage. If the Patriots can push him one step to his right or left, he will not be able to get to Brady before he releases. As with every Super Bowl, this one will be determined in the trenches. Dante Scarneccia is given free reign of the O-Line and he started working on his plan last Tuesday to try to deal with Donald. He's also put more work than advertised on keeping Fowler pushed out wide.
LMAO

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, Suh is not a pass rusher, at least not the same as he was with the Lions. He was never a good rusher with the Dolphins. Aaron Donal takes advantage of the fact that many teams give too much attention to Suh and that allows him access to the QB up the gut, and he's outstanding at taking full advantage. If the Patriots can push him one step to his right or left, he will not be able to get to Brady before he releases. As with every Super Bowl, this one will be determined in the trenches. Dante Scarneccia is given free reign of the O-Line and he started working on his plan last Tuesday to try to deal with Donald. He's also put more work than advertised on keeping Fowler pushed out wide.

Dante the Savant....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The extreme cold is driving people indoors and when that happens, viruses abound. This winter when I go to the grocery store, I literally scrub the shopping cart handle with a disinfective wipe. Why? Because some stupid mother sticks her sick little toddler in the seat and the kid drools, sneezes, pisses and shits in it. During the entire ride it wipes it's nose with its hands and and then wipes them clean on the handle. Once I'm done, I take an extra couple of wipes for my hands, front and back. I might be neurotic, but I don't get sick.

The media at the Super Bowl are the carriers. In and out of locker rooms and airports........I wouldn't let them within 20 feet of my team, let alone within the length of a microphone.

Bingo!

A man after my own heart. I wash my hands 20 times a day..... Touch anything not my own, wash hands...

I always wonder about those QBs (like Brees) who do the hand licking thing.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams could very easily win this game in a rout. Rams have the talent to win in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking more of versa vice.....

Rams defensive line best in the league in interior pressure, Pat's haven't faced that kind of pressure. Fowler has been good against NE now he gets one on one whole game, he will be ready. They are going to stop the run, than get pressure on Brady.

If the oline can keep Goff clean against Dallas and NO, they will against the Pats.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams defensive line best in the league in interior pressure, Pat's haven't faced that kind of pressure. Fowler has been good against NE now he gets one on one whole game, he will be ready. They are going to stop the run, than get pressure on Brady.

If the oline can keep Goff clean against Dallas and NO, they will against the Pats.

And the Rams haven't faced Dante's O Line either.

Rams better be ready.

From Travis Kelce:

The first half against the Patriots
The first thing Patrick wanted from Kelce was his take on exactly what happened in the first half of the AFC championship game against the New England Patriots. The Patriots went into the halftime locker room up 14-0.

“All and all, I hate to say it, but we weren’t ready for it. In the second half we came out, and we came out firing because we were.” - Travis Kelce
“Man, I’ve tried to really put it all together and I think it’s just, uh—it was shocking, the way they were kind of playing man coverage.”

Patrick asked if the Patriots showed them something they didn’t expect.

“We knew what we were going to see,” Kelce said. “We practiced all week, it was just—they were a little bit more aggressive than we expected. Physically aggressive at the line of scrimmage, grabbing, holding. Getting off of that man coverage, it took us a little while, and at times when we were finally getting off man coverage, Pat (Mahomes) was kind of under duress back there.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, good luck - KC and SD both get after the passer, zero sacks. If Brady is able to get the ball out quick, you guys won't sack him either.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, good luck - KC and SD both get after the passer, zero sacks. If Brady is able to get the ball out quick, you guys won't sack him either.

Come on, comparing KCs defense and the Rams, there is a reason the Chiefs DC was fired, garbage game plan with no real adjustments. Their Dline csn generate the kind of pass rush the Rams, most of the pressure came when the Chiefs had a big lead. There is also a reason why no team generated more pressure than the Rams, and the Rams generated it in the place quarterbacks hate in the most the interior, outside pressure are a lot easier to deal with than interior. KC is nowhere in the area of the Rams when it comes to generating interior pass rush. Also it is not always about sacks, you can disrupt a play plenty of ways besides sacks.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC lead the league in sacks.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC lead the league in sacks.

And everyone knew their defense was bad, they 24th in points allowed. When your offense gets a big lead, you can ignore the run and concentrate on pressuring the quarterback.

IMG_20190201_162533.jpg

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams defensive line best in the league in interior pressure, Pat's haven't faced that kind of pressure.

Bullpucky.

Pats played the top four sacking defenses in the league.

KC
Pitt
Chicago
Minnesota

also played the Texans d witch is pretty stout up front - similar to the Rams.

Rams were 15th in the league in sacks.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 3.29.01 PM.png

LAR "DL" Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 3.28.25 PM.png

KC "DL". Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 3.28.42 PM.png

LAR has a great interior, but their edgerushers are very very ungood.KC has some degree of sack inflation as being ahead does encourage teams to stumble into the smart way to score and put up yards (passing), but even on adjusted sack rates, KC still ranks pretty good; which makes sense when the pass rush has 3 very good players, including the EDGE who generated the most pressures in the NFL (Dee Ford) between Justin Houston (EDGE), Chris Jones (2nd best interior rusher in the NFL) and Dee Ford (Also an EDGE).

KC vs LAR pass rush just tells me that it's better to be bad and have pressures off the edge than the interior as a general rule.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullpucky.

Pats played the top four sacking defenses in the league.

KC
Pitt
Chicago
Minnesota

also played the Texans d witch is pretty stout up front - similar to the Rams.

Rams were 15th in the league in sacks.

Again, you keep arguing sacks, and I'm arguing pressure. One of the things you are ignoring, is when Rams opponents play them, they stress to the quarterback the importance of getting the ball out quickly because of the pressure of Donald. You seem not to understand the difference between interior pressure and edge pressure. To compare the two and dismiss it entirely and think the Chiefs generated the same kind of pressure because they lead the NFL in sacks, is illogical

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty shameful how bad KC's D was considering they had 3 excellent pass rushers. Teams are mediocre with far less than what KC was working with this year.