• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL JOHNNY FOOTBALL THREAD

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have some faith you heathens!

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
johnny did some good things last week, but there needs to be a total team effort. the team can't suck from top to bottom and expect to win. he fumbled twice last week but the game already out of reach. johnny needs playing time to improve.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needs a run game as well

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that didn't take long. 7-0 browns. anyone have a good link?

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
manziel scrambles and throws another 50 yard td. he just can't play.

:suds:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns have just put the rest of the NFL on notice!

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sick of this guy and I don't want to root for him because I hate his lifestyle. Also, he screwed up leaving for the NFL so soon. You can't be ready for the NFL with just two years of college play as a qb. I said it before he wanted the money. He is just like Justin Bieber with his "I need to change, I'm sorry to my fans/team" schtick. I don't care. I'm not a browns fan but I do feel sorry for the team but no way will I ever root for that clown. Please draft Cook.

I'm by no means a Manziel fan. I think he was significantly overrated as a prospect because of his flashy play style and marketability. Looking at his measurables, skill set, body of work, etc. he wasn't a first-round talent QB prospect. A lot of his "highlight reel" plays from TA&M were actually really bad decisions that he got bailed out on by the talent around him. That said...

The notion that he should have stayed at TA&M is fairly absurd unless you're an TA&M fan. Was the decision motivated by money? Probably, but that doesn't mean it was a bad decision. I would argue just the opposite, especially in his case. What more was he going to show or learn in that TA&M offense? Best case scenario, it's more of the same. Worse case, he gets hurt. Beyond the football benefits of getting into an NFL offense, I think he needed to get away from TA&M for off-the-field, maturity reasons (much like Winston).

To be quite clear on this...

I thought it was a mistake to take him over Carr/Bridgewater then, and I still think it was a mistake, but I hope I'm wrong. I hope he becomes a legit franchise QB and finally provides stability at the position.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merril Hoge, wearing a Browns colored tie, has done a 180.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a cocksucker

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm by no means a Manziel fan. I think he was significantly overrated as a prospect because of his flashy play style and marketability. Looking at his measurables, skill set, body of work, etc. he wasn't a first-round talent QB prospect. A lot of his "highlight reel" plays from TA&M were actually really bad decisions that he got bailed out on by the talent around him. That said...

The notion that he should have stayed at TA&M is fairly absurd unless you're an TA&M fan. Was the decision motivated by money? Probably, but that doesn't mean it was a bad decision. I would argue just the opposite, especially in his case. What more was he going to show or learn in that TA&M offense? Best case scenario, it's more of the same. Worse case, he gets hurt. Beyond the football benefits of getting into an NFL offense, I think he needed to get away from TA&M for off-the-field, maturity reasons (much like Winston).

To be quite clear on this...

I thought it was a mistake to take him over Carr/Bridgewater then, and I still think it was a mistake, but I hope I'm wrong. I hope he becomes a legit franchise QB and finally provides stability at the position.

I think most of your Hoop Browns brethren know how I feel about JM...he will not be a 2nd contract player in CLE...that said...I believe in the process to find out what you have in a 1st draft pick...why this?

Browns QB Josh McCown cleared to return, set to start vs. Raiders

What has McCown done in the NFL much less in CLE to warrant such favor from Pettine? Can't lose your job to injury? What gives?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of your Hoop Browns brethren know how I feel about JM...he will not be a 2nd contract player in CLE...that said...I believe in the process to find out what you have in a 1st draft pick...why this?

What has McCown done in the NFL much less in CLE to warrant such favor from Pettine? Can't lose your job to injury? What gives?

The only logic I can think of in that decision, is that coaches generally love McCown. He's a hard worker, humble, good teammate, etc... and after a two-plus year hiatus out of football, coaching high schoolers, he's likely just extremely grateful for the opportunities he's gotten. Pettine's train of thought may be that he doesn't want to take away his job, due to injury.

However, yes... the more sensible logic, IMO. Is that you spent a first round pick on the guy, the near future of your franchise is completely dependent upon him. He's starting to make strides forward, so why put him back on the bench for a nobody 36 year old journeyman? It makes no sense.

I mean, Jesus... play Manziel so we can just get on with this shit already.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Say it ain't so!!!! Without Johnny hall-o-fame on the field the Browns will really be in trouble.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say it ain't so!!!! Without Johnny hall-o-fame on the field the Browns will really be in trouble.

LOL, I know, me pulling for Manziel to play...Maybe I've just seen too many games McCown has started...I know what he is...do we REALLY know what JM is yet?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I know, me pulling for Manziel to play...Maybe I've just seen too many games McCown has started...I know what he is...do we REALLY know what JM is yet?

I'm still pissed off that those dumbfucks in Cleveland picked up McCown. As far as Johnny hall-o-fame, only the idiot Brown would waste a 1st rounder on a QB & not play him. If the Clowns are convinced that Johnny College is the future @ QB (shit I hope not!) it's senseless not to play him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only logic I can think of in that decision, is that coaches generally love McCown. He's a hard worker, humble, good teammate, etc... and after a two-plus year hiatus out of football, coaching high schoolers, he's likely just extremely grateful for the opportunities he's gotten. Pettine's train of thought may be that he doesn't want to take away his job, due to injury.

However, yes... the more sensible logic, IMO. Is that you spent a first round pick on the guy, the near future of your franchise is completely dependent upon him. He's starting to make strides forward, so why put him back on the bench for a nobody 36 year old journeyman? It makes no sense.

I mean, Jesus... play Manziel so we can just get on with this shit already.

McCown was behind a bad OL the last time I saw him in Tampa (I thought he played LY)...he was worst than bad if there is such a thing.

Your logic makes more sense than anything I can grasp...coach likes him, and I'm going to say he had to look better in camp to get the job, but he's not it...Hoyer was better imo if he wanted a vet.