• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official Broncos vs. Chiefs pre-game smack talk thread!

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well geez, it's not like Bowe is lighting the world on fire, anyway. He only has 33 catches for the year, which pales in comparrison to the Denver receivers.....

I think the Broncs roll KC in this one.

yeah but without Bowe, who would they have to drop those 4 yard hail mary's that Smith will be slinging downfield ?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, the one with the most catches is Jamaal Charles, so what does that tell you LOL!~

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well geez, it's not like Bowe is lighting the world on fire, anyway. He only has 33 catches for the year, which pales in comparrison to the Denver receivers.....

I think the Broncs roll KC in this one.

How much is KC hating that contract that gave up? They were seriously close to letting him walk too, but decided to shell out the long term deal. Oops.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much is KC hating that contract that gave up? They were seriously close to letting him walk too, but decided to shell out the long term deal. Oops.

Guess they should have invested in a QB who could actually get the ball downfield to Bowe.....:laugh3:

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos play big ball early to throw the Chefs off. Manning has been underrated IMO with the long ball. The short game has worked great to this point in the season but Manning has had multiple deep shots a game that have been right on target. Big game for DT and Deck. If they can get off the press coverage it will be a long night for the Chef's. I guarantee the O-Line hears the criticism and that people think the Chef's will be on Manning like Miley Cyrus on a joint. Hopefully the line will play better, there should be plenty of motivation....

The reason(s) Denver wins #1, Manning V Smith. The second reason Denver wins, Bowe got busted with the pot he was going to try to distract Miller with Saturday night. The third reason, since Von has come back the Broncos are giving up 309 yards per game while Chef's are giving up 368 yards. I know yards don't beat you, points do but this talk about a great KC defense is simply not true. They're 10th in the league playing guys like Fitzpatrick, Pryor, Keenum, Campbell and Tuel. When the Chef's give up yards to the Broncos, Manning won't be inept in the red zone like the backups KC has played. The 4th reason, the Broncos D will have something to say about this game as well. I'm sure they will be sick of hearing the 85 Bears like D coming to town. Lol The Denver D has to be licking they're chops with the 24th ranked O coming to town.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I got to thinking today, you guys remember the 2006 season? The Broncos defense got off to this great start. Through the first 6 games of the season, the most points the Broncos gave up was 18. The Broncos gave up a grand total of 44 points combined in those games (for those bad at math, that's 7.33 points per game).

Then in the 7th game, the Colts with some qb named Peyton Manning (does anyone remember him?) rolled into town. The Broncos defense was great in the first half, holding the Colts to just 6 points. But in the second half, Manning shredded the Broncos defense to the tune of 28 points, as the Colts won 34-31.

The Broncos defense was never really the same after being exposed by Manning and the Colts. They gave up 26.1 points per game over the final 10, and missed the playoffs at 9-7. Manning and the Colts went on to win the Super Bowl that season.

Now I'm not saying that will definitely happen to the Chiefs, but I do believe the Chiefs defense has started to show some cracks their last couple of games, and an elite qb like Manning could really blow those cracks wide open.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of similarities between the Chiefs and both the 2006 and 2009 Broncos. Those 2006 Broncos had issues scoring as I recall. Jake Plummer was pretty solid in 2005 but never really got it going the next year. The Chiefs offense, for all its flaws, is better than both the 2006 and 2009 offenses, so even if their defense does wear down, their collapse will not be as epic as the Broncos those two seasons. I think they finish 12-4 overall, but who knows? Sometimes it takes just one game to alter the course of a team's season. Maybe this will be that game for the Chiefs.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of similarities between the Chiefs and both the 2006 and 2009 Broncos. Those 2006 Broncos had issues scoring as I recall. Jake Plummer was pretty solid in 2005 but never really got it going the next year. The Chiefs offense, for all its flaws, is better than both the 2006 and 2009 offenses, so even if their defense does wear down, their collapse will not be as epic as the Broncos those two seasons. I think they finish 12-4 overall, but who knows? Sometimes it takes just one game to alter the course of a team's season. Maybe this will be that game for the Chiefs.

In 06' defenses learned to keep LB's on the sides to keep Plummer from being able to bootleg to that side, in fact, he was exposed in the 05' AFC Championship game against the Steelers.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand something like this coming from some uncooth Chiefs fans, but from Mike Florio and NBC Sports? Love the hypocritical "While we're not advocating intentionally injuring football players" while basically saying Chiefs should do just that. (Although I'm sure the Chiefs D coaches have already considered this, "unofficially" of course.)

Simplify the Game: Chiefs must knock Manning out | NBC Sports

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 06' defenses learned to keep LB's on the sides to keep Plummer from being able to bootleg to that side, in fact, he was exposed in the 05' AFC Championship game against the Steelers.

Well, not completely. Denver moved the ball rather easily against the Steelers in that game. Our D wasn't stopping Pittsburgh very well, and ultimately it was Plummer's turnovers that gave this game to the Steelers.

I'm convinced we would have beaten the Seahawks had Plummer not made his early mistakes against the Steelers. :L

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, not completely. Denver moved the ball rather easily against the Steelers in that game. Our D wasn't stopping Pittsburgh very well, and ultimately it was Plummer's turnovers that gave this game to the Steelers.

I'm convinced we would have beaten the Seahawks had Plummer not made his early mistakes against the Steelers. :L

Sometimes it's just not your year. The Broncos made some mistakes in that game they hadn't made all season. The Steelers benefitted from a lot of breaks that year, too. Knocking Palmer out of the wild card game when the Steelers were down 17-0. The Colts missing a 29 yard FG that would have tied the game. The Broncos playing sloppy after looking like a solid team all year. The refs butchering the game during the Super Bowl. The Steelers caught a lot of breaks, it was just their year. Sometimes that's the way it happens and has nothing to do with being the best team. Sometimes it's just about being a god team with a tailwind of luck and good fortune pushing you through.

He'll, why do you think the Chiefs are 9-0? Of their last 5 opponents, 4 have been against backup QBs. Do you think that they would have beat those opponents with their starters in? There is no way of knowing. But it is football ignorance to deny that key injuries to Chiefs opponents have not benefitted the Chiefs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it's just not your year. The Broncos made some mistakes in that game they hadn't made all season. The Steelers benefitted from a lot of breaks that year, too. Knocking Palmer out of the wild card game when the Steelers were down 17-0. The Colts missing a 29 yard FG that would have tied the game. The Broncos playing sloppy after looking like a solid team all year. The refs butchering the game during the Super Bowl. The Steelers caught a lot of breaks, it was just their year. Sometimes that's the way it happens and has nothing to do with being the best team. Sometimes it's just about being a god team with a tailwind of luck and good fortune pushing you through.

He'll, why do you think the Chiefs are 9-0? Of their last 5 opponents, 4 have been against backup QBs. Do you think that they would have beat those opponents with their starters in? There is no way of knowing. But it is football ignorance to deny that key injuries to Chiefs opponents have not benefitted the Chiefs.

Saw something earlier that said of the 9 teams the Chiefs have played this year 6 of the quarterbacks have been back ups this season. Dallas, New York, and Oakland are the only teams they have played the starting quarterback. Of those I think you could only say that Romo has been a quality starter this year and all 3 of those games were home games for the Chiefs.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw something earlier that said of the 9 teams the Chiefs have played this year 6 of the quarterbacks have been back ups this season. Dallas, New York, and Oakland are the only teams they have played the starting quarterback. Of those I think you could only say that Romo has been a quality starter this year and all 3 of those games were home games for the Chiefs.

They played Gabbett and Vick against the Jaguars and Eagles. Those two have lost their jobs as starters though, so that's probably where that "6 of 9" figure comes from.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played Gabbett and Vick against the Jaguars and Eagles. Those two have lost their jobs as starters though, so that's probably where that "6 of 9" figure comes from.

Right sorry should have specified. They have played 6 quarterbacks that at some point this season have been back ups. Now they might have been opening day starters on their team but since have lost that job.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That '05 Championship game was brutal. The Broncos took the momentum and was moving the ball when Plummer threw that early 4th quarter INT then we stop them only to have a fumble a few drives later. The stadium went dead silent and you just knew the roof was about to cave in.

We will see how good the Chef's D really is. Personally I have a lot of respect for them but there is no way to know how good they are especially with not only their schedule but playing all those backup QB's. I watched a lot of Chef's games and they really struggled in those games. I would have expected the Chef's to have an easier time with those teams. That said they're 9-0.

The Chef's almost always struggle in Denver and if Manning's "lower body injury" holds up I don't think the Chef's can keep up with the Broncos..... 31-17 Men in Orange! Go Broncos.....