• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama picked up 4 star DT Josh Frazier today.

Beat me to it I see.

Defensive tackle Josh Frazier (Springdale, Ark./Har-Ber) committed to the Crimson Tide on Saturday over Texas A&M and in-state Arkansas. Frazier is a 6-foot-3, 330-pound athletic interior defensive tackle and is an excellent fit in Alabama's defensive scheme. He's the type of prospect that with the right development can clog the middle and make plays similar to the "zero technique" interior players they have had in the past. From a football scheme-fit standpoint, Frazier made an excellent decision.

Looks like the kid will be a good fit for the Tide.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat me to it I see.

Looks like the kid will be a good fit for the Tide.

Any concern about Ricky Town ('15) staying committed for you guys? I spoke with a local coach (competitor) of his and it sounded like he might not be 100%. Just looking for something to indicate the Tide Train could get derailed somehow.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any concern about Ricky Town ('15) staying committed for you guys? I spoke with a local coach (competitor) of his and it sounded like he might not be 100%. Just looking for something to indicate the Tide Train could get derailed somehow.

With McCarron being a senior and gone after this year, and Sims as his heir apparent at this point, there is room for a top notch pro-style QB on the roster. We have the kid out of UTAH on the roster currently, but Town could be the one to come in and challenge him and Sims for the spot and possibly be a three year starter starting from being a true Freshman. If he is smart, and apparently he was in choosing Bama, he will stick with his choice and maybe be the next starter to possibly play at the highest stage in college football for one of the most elite teams in the NCAA. Just my unbiased opinion though:whistle:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't heard anything on it, but I guess it wouldn't surprise me. We have Alec Morris, Cooper Bateman, and Luke Del Rio that should be competing for the job next season. I have a feeling Morris will be our QB. He has NFL size and arm strength, he just needs to work on accuracy and decision making a little.

I believe if Morris earns the job and plays well, we will keep Town. Because Morris will be a reshirt junior by the time Town got here.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rolltide14_0,

December 2nd is coming up quick mang....what you hearing?

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rolltide14_0,

December 2nd is coming up quick mang....what you hearing?

It looks like it's gone be tight. Everyone around him wants him at LSU, but he really wants to play for Saban.

I get the feeling he is going to commit to Bama, but LSU wouldn't shock me.

He's really torn between them right now. That home town pressure is hard to overcome.

TigerBait1971

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing same stuff here...coin toss.

TigerBait1971

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is announcing Dec 2nd as well.

D'haquille Williams

Auburn commit, but we are trying hard to flip him.

Could be a big day or a bust day....

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is announcing Dec 2nd as well.

D'haquille Williams

Auburn commit, but we are trying hard to flip him.

Could be a big day or a bust day....

I pray that ya'll get him. My fucking barner uncle wouldn't stop giving me the "oh he's the best WR in the country"...blah blah. I hope I get to laugh at him when he flips.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan Commit Jabrill Peppers Tweets He'll Take Officials

Come on down to Ttown Mr. Peppers. I can just about guarantee one of his officials is to Bama. Hand has already been in his ear.

Jabrill Peppers and Marlon Humphrey in the same class.....GOTDAM WOOD!

Heard about this earlier today. Peppers thumbed his nose at Hoke's only rule regarding recruiting. PSU looks like a likely landing spot but I wouldn't discount "Bama. The kids wants to win. The only place I know he won't be playing football next year is Michigan. Hoke is now faced with a win or else situation on Saturday. Good luck.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard about this earlier today. Peppers thumbed his nose at Hoke's only rule regarding recruiting. PSU looks like a likely landing spot but I wouldn't discount "Bama. The kids wants to win. The only place I know he won't be playing football next year is Michigan. Hoke is now faced with a win or else situation on Saturday. Good luck.

He seems to really wanna go to Michigan though. I think if you guys can hang with OSU and win a bowl game, he'll stay. Losing both would probably solidify him leaving. Gotta show some signs of life.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems to really wanna go to Michigan though. I think if you guys can hang with OSU and win a bowl game, he'll stay. Losing both would probably solidify him leaving. Gotta show some signs of life.

No way. He just thumbed his nose at Hoke by flaunting the "no visit" policy. He knew what position he would put Hoke in. The only chance he ends up in AA is if Hoke is gone and a high profile coach is brought in. Not sure who would want the job now.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. He just thumbed his nose at Hoke by flaunting the "no visit" policy. He knew what position he would put Hoke in. The only chance he ends up in AA is if Hoke is gone and a high profile coach is brought in. Not sure who would want the job now.

Didn't think about that. Probably right, that's going to hurt the relationship. Hoke can't just not act on Peppers violating that rule.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, hasn't Brady Hoke stated in the past that exceptions can be made to his no visit rule? Anybody have any info on that?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, hasn't Brady Hoke stated in the past that exceptions can be made to his no visit rule? Anybody have any info on that?

Well, Dawson kind of got an exception last year and it ticked off the other '13 recruits. Athletes are told not to commit if they are not 100% and official visits to others schools will result in their offer being rescinded. Peppers knew this and chose OSU week to do this. He is gone. Hoke will follow soon.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcelys Jones, 4-stat OT, and Buckeye commit had this to say after visiting Alabama...

"It was great," said the Ohio State commitment. "I loved it. We had a flight delay so we weren't able to see the game, but I still enjoyed myself down there.

"I hung out with Arie [Kouandjio], C.J. Mosley and some of the other players. It was a great atmosphere down there. The coaching staff was great.

"My grandfather actually grew up with Coach Martin. I spent a lot of time with Coach Cristobal. Their coaching staff is amazing. I really haven't seen too many staff like theirs."

Jones made a big impression on Coach Cristobal and Coach Nick Saban when he camped in Tuscaloosa in July.

"Coach Saban was saying that I can come in and contribute right away," Jones said. "They were telling me this is going to be one of the best classes in Alabama history.

"They didn't really have to say too much to me. They laid everything out. Coach Saban said he really wants me. He said I really fit in with their pro-style offense. He thinks I can contribute early with the way I play. They actualy gave me a nickname. It's something like, big physical nasty. It was funny."

Spending time with the players was one of the best parts of the visit. A strong comfort level is a big factor in his decision.

"The players were really cool and laid back," Jones said. "It was really good hanging out with Arie. He is just one of the best. I hung out with C.J. Mosley and Derrick Henry. I really enjoyed it and appreciated being around them.

"The best part of the visit was just getting closer with everyone down there. Just bonding with the coaches and players. Not everyone from Cleveland gets to experience stuff like this, visiting Alabama or meeting Nick Saban. I am just blessed to be able to go down there."

Jones has been on the Tuscaloosa campus more than once and has a lot of interest in Alabama.

"I just like that they are a winning program," said Jones. "It's also something new. I never really been down South. Since my first time I really liked it. It's just great to be down there and feel the love from the coaching staff."

Jones remains a verbal pledge to the Buckeyes, but other schools also have his attention including the two-time defending national champions.

"I am still committed," he said. "I am still open though. I want to make the best decision for myself at the end of the day. I will take my official visit to Ohio State on December 13.