• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could this bama class be best in history. If we get fornette, humphrey, elam and lorenzo carter could be greatest ever

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could this bama class be best in history. If we get fornette, humphrey, elam and lorenzo carter could be greatest ever

Quite possibly. There's still Hootie Jones we got a good shot at, and CJ Hampton, not to mention Hand has started recruiting J.Peppers to Bama...:yahoo:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite possibly. There's still Hootie Jones we got a good shot at, and CJ Hampton, not to mention Hand has started recruiting J.Peppers to Bama...:yahoo:

Sad thing is, we only have so much more room left under the 25 rule and Bama has 22 or 23 now.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is, we only have so much more room left under the 25 rule and Bama has 22 or 23 now.

Yep, but i heard 2 or 3 guys arent going to qualify, so there may be some more spots available in the end.

I just want Elam, Humphrey, and hootie jones. anyone else would be icing on the tide cake.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa is now back in play to land four star Detroit Country Day QB Tyler Wiegers, out of Michigan, as Wiegers just decommitted from Rutgers.

Four-star quarterback Tyler Wiegers decommits from Rutgers football; says Knights still in the mix | NJ.com

The timing is weird...Tyler Wiegers is probably in a bit of a negative emotional state because Detroit Country Day lost their playoff game Saturday to Marine City by a score of 33 to 28. I believe it's not a good idea to make major decisions at a time when one is very emotional, and Tyler's parents should have stepped-in and advised him to wait a few days before making such an important decision.

Remember that Tyler has so far received 6 scholarship offers------four from the MAC, and two from the B1G (Iowa & Rutgers). I'm sure more schools will now pursue Wiegers now that he has decommitted from Rutgers.

I hope Iowa wasn't on Tyler's ass Saturday immediately after Detroit Country Day lost to Marine City....that would be a crappy move by the Iowa recruiters if that is what the Hawkeyes did (catch Tyler in a vulnerable/emotional state). But...think about it....if you were a lowlife recruiter with few scruples....you would probably not think twice about calling-up Tyler after he lost a playoff football game to offer a 'heartfelt condolence message'. Again....I'm saying IF......I'm not accusing Iowa...but the timing is weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa is now back in play to land four star Detroit Country Day QB Tyler Wiegers, out of Michigan, as Wiegers just decommitted from Rutgers.

Four-star quarterback Tyler Wiegers decommits from Rutgers football; says Knights still in the mix | NJ.com

The timing is weird...Tyler Wiegers is probably in a bit of a negative emotional state because Detroit Country Day lost their playoff game Saturday to Marine City by a score of 33 to 28. I believe it's not a good idea to make major decisions at a time when one is very emotional, and Tyler's parents should have stepped-in and advised him to wait a few days before making such an important decision.

Remember that Tyler has so far received 6 scholarship offers------four from the MAC, and two from the B1G (Iowa & Rutgers). I'm sure more schools will now pursue Wiegers now that he has decommitted from Rutgers.

I hope Iowa wasn't on Tyler's ass Saturday immediately after Detroit Country Day lost to Marine City....that would be a crappy move by the Iowa recruiters if that is what the Hawkeyes did (catch Tyler in a vulnerable/emotional state). But...think about it....if you were a lowlife recruiter with few scruples....you would probably not think twice about calling-up Tyler after he lost a playoff football game to offer a 'heartfelt condolence message'. Again....I'm saying IF......I'm not accusing Iowa...but the timing is weird.

I'm thinking his decommit has more to do with a mass exodus of recruits that have left Rutgers program recently than it does his fragile mental state. Nobody is in that big of a hurry to get to Iowa.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Viane Talamaivao has officially decommitted from Bama and is a USC Trojan. Does this further promote Orgeron as the full-time HC?

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Viane Talamaivao has officially decommitted from Bama and is a USC Trojan. Does this further promote Orgeron as the full-time HC?

That's a huge shock, he was supposed to be one of the solid commits. That just shows how quickly these guys can change their tune.

Hate to see him go, but it does open up a slot for some pretty good guys that we're in play for. Hootie Jones, Marlon Humphrey, Matt Elam, and CJ Hampton are 4 guys that are leaning to Bama right now. Then we have Fournette who we have gained a lot of ground on LSU for. We have 22 commits currently after Viane decommitted, but we have a good chance for 2 or 3 guys to not qualify. So I think in reality we probably still have 5 spots open, and it would be insane if the five I mentioned above filled those slots.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are 4-1 with a close loss to ND since Kiffin was fired. They have defeated Utah, Cal, Oregon st., and now a highly ranked Stanford team. I say keep him as HC.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are 4-1 with a close loss to ND since Kiffin was fired. They have defeated Utah, Cal, Oregon st., and now a highly ranked Stanford team. I say keep him as HC.

On that note, WTF is going on with ND? They claim wins over USC, Michigan State and AZ State yet they lose to fuckin Pitt? And to be fair, how is USC ranked ahead of them with the same record?

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that note, WTF is going on with ND? They claim wins over USC, Michigan State and AZ State yet they lose to fuckin Pitt? And to be fair, how is USC ranked ahead of them with the same record?

:noidea:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a huge shock, he was supposed to be one of the solid commits. That just shows how quickly these guys can change their tune.

Hate to see him go, but it does open up a slot for some pretty good guys that we're in play for. Hootie Jones, Marlon Humphrey, Matt Elam, and CJ Hampton are 4 guys that are leaning to Bama right now. Then we have Fournette who we have gained a lot of ground on LSU for. We have 22 commits currently after Viane decommitted, but we have a good chance for 2 or 3 guys to not qualify. So I think in reality we probably still have 5 spots open, and it would be insane if the five I mentioned above filled those slots.

Forgot to mention that Stephen Roberts and Christian Miller will both probably end up decommitting, that's potentially two more spots.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to mention that Stephen Roberts and Christian Miller will both probably end up decommitting, that's potentially two more spots.

Is this kid related to the Kiels?

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the video of Tony Picard, largest RB in the nation. 6'4" 400# RB/LB/DL out of Washington. None of the articles I read mention his class. He's either a Junior or a Senior.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the video of Tony Picard, largest RB in the nation. 6'4" 400# RB/LB/DL out of Washington. None of the articles I read mention his class. He's either a Junior or a Senior.

He's a senior, but he seems fairly easy to tackle. I watched his "highlight reel" which is just mostly him punching it in from 4 yards out or rumbling up the middle for maybe 3-7 yards before getting taken down.

What's the big deal? :noidea:

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think if you can get Sumlin, get him and try to keep Orgeron on staff. That would be a best case scenario. absent that, keep Orgeron and watch him bring in talent and see if he can coach them. Worst case scenario is he leaves you with a lot of talent.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a senior, but he seems fairly easy to tackle. I watched his "highlight reel" which is just mostly him punching it in from 4 yards out or rumbling up the middle for maybe 3-7 yards before getting taken down.

What's the big deal? :noidea:

He's 400 lbs and moves pretty well.

Can you imagine a kid that big able to pull as a Guard?? :shocked: