• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not accusing, but if you follow recruiting or recruiting forums you know that it is pretty prevalent in recruiting circles. To accurately break down game "film" you need to have a vast amount of evidence whether that be positive, negative, or neutral. You need to see a WR making the 80 yard catches, whiffing on a route that gets undercut for a pick, and seeing him blocking downfield even if the RB goes down for a loss. If someone saw what most refer to as "film" of Tim Tebow in the NFL then you would probably be in for a horrific surprise come game day. :lol:

I've never once said I'm going to be right and I've never once said that everything I say in regards to recruiting is gospel. I said that from what I've seen of him in game film, he has some serious issues. If you follow what other recruiting services have said about him, it isn't like what I'm saying is so wildly outrageous, either. If it comes down to him playing this year, I don't think Michigan is going to be doing too great.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never once said I'm going to be right and I've never once said that everything I say in regards to recruiting is gospel. I said that from what I've seen of him in game film, he has some serious issues. If you follow what other recruiting services have said about him, it isn't like what I'm saying is so wildly outrageous, either. If it comes down to him playing this year, I don't think Michigan is going to be doing too great.

To be clearer....i was not referencing you at all. Just saw the word "film" and wanted to throw some input on that to possibly some others who may not follow recruiting religiously and enjoy input on things like that. I haven't seen enough of the person in question to be able to give my semi-educated opinion.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clearer....i was not referencing you at all. Just saw the word "film" and wanted to throw some input on that to possibly some others who may not follow recruiting religiously and enjoy input on things like that. I haven't seen enough of the person in question to be able to give my semi-educated opinion.

Fair enough, I get what you're saying. I probably spend far too much time looking at recruits, but when you work from home, it's easy to get sidetracked from time to time.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I get what you're saying. I probably spend far too much time looking at recruits, but when you work from home, it's easy to get sidetracked from time to time.

:nod: I know the feeling

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SOX, any additional info on the Tyler Luatua tweet and the subsequent reaction by Marcelys Jones? Seems like Jones might be getting squeezed out by higher ranked recruits. Luatua is ranked high enough that when he calls out a program for "funny stuff" people pay attention. Especially those nuts on Michigan boards.

MichMafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going a bit overboard just because I said I watched his film and this is my opinion. As far as the stick in the pussy, maybe if you didn't get your jimmies rustled so badly because I pointed out some acknowledged shortcomings in your golden boy, I wouldn't say it.

fair enough.

Now leave my golden boy alone!!!!:yahoo::laugh3:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOX, any additional info on the Tyler Luatua tweet and the subsequent reaction by Marcelys Jones? Seems like Jones might be getting squeezed out by higher ranked recruits. Luatua is ranked high enough that when he calls out a program for "funny stuff" people pay attention. Especially those nuts on Michigan boards.

Luatua is upset because OSU tried to push his visit out. We only have room for one TE in this class, and the staff prefers Mike Gesicki to Luatua, and there's a lot of talk about Gesicki being close to committing to OSU. It's just business. They didn't want both on campus at the same time. I'm not thrilled that they asked Luatua to move his visit date out, but so is the world of recruiting. Jones reacted because he wanted to know what Luatua meant as far as I can see. I don't think we had much of a shot with Luatua, TBH, but this may have helped Michigan and ND quite a bit.

fair enough.

Now leave my golden boy alone!!!!:yahoo::laugh3:

Haha, fair enough. I will lay off until he actually plays. That is only fair. Now let's put this nonsense behind us and talk about how badly we're going to whoop you guys in AA this November :yahoo::suds:

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luatua is upset because OSU tried to push his visit out. We only have room for one TE in this class, and the staff prefers Mike Gesicki to Luatua, and there's a lot of talk about Gesicki being close to committing to OSU. It's just business. They didn't want both on campus at the same time. I'm not thrilled that they asked Luatua to move his visit date out, but so is the world of recruiting. Jones reacted because he wanted to know what Luatua meant as far as I can see. I don't think we had much of a shot with Luatua, TBH, but this may have helped Michigan and ND quite a bit.

ND has Weishar (sp?), the #6 TE and Michigan has Bunting, the #7 TE. My guess is that Luatua heads for the Saban's Lair.

It just seems odd that Jones would react that way. Oh well, kids these days..........

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND has Weishar (sp?), the #6 TE and Michigan has Bunting, the #7 TE. My guess is that Luatua heads for the Saban's Lair.

It just seems odd that Jones would react that way. Oh well, kids these days..........

Yeah, forgot about Bama. That wouldn't shock me either. He's still visiting ND in October and it wouldn't surprise me to see him visit Michigan now, too. Jones, I hate to say it, is kind of odd. It's hard to get a read on his mindset sometimes.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, forgot about Bama. That wouldn't shock me either. He's still visiting ND in October and it wouldn't surprise me to see him visit Michigan now, too. Jones, I hate to say it, is kind of odd. It's hard to get a read on his mindset sometimes.

Can't speak for ND, but Luatua doesn't have an offer from Michigan and isn't likely to get one. We are stacked at the position with Butt, Funchess, and now Bunting. Hand and Malik are our only priorities right now. Lattimore would be a great steal but not holding my breath although interviews with Ginn Sr. don't exactly paint him as anti Michigan.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't speak for ND, but Luatua doesn't have an offer from Michigan and isn't likely to get one. We are stacked at the position with Butt, Funchess, and now Bunting. Hand and Malik are our only priorities right now. Lattimore would be a great steal but not holding my breath although interviews with Ginn Sr. don't exactly paint him as anti Michigan.

Who told you Luatua didn't have a Michigan offer? He's had one for awhile now.

I'm holding my breath on Lattimore, I just wish he'd commit already. It's driving me nuts.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who told you Luatua didn't have a Michigan offer? He's had one for awhile now.

I'm holding my breath on Lattimore, I just wish he'd commit already. It's driving me nuts.

I know he had an offer but I don't think it is actionable, at least right now. The staff has said they will only take 1 TE in this class. We aren't going to have room once Hand, Malik, Juju and Lattimore send in their faxes.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he had an offer but I don't think it is actionable, at least right now. The staff has said they will only take 1 TE in this class. We aren't going to have room once Hand, Malik, Juju and Lattimore send in their faxes.

:nono:

:finger:

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ran into some supposed "insiders" in the Joe Mixon camp this weekend and they insisted he is staying out West. With Tony James committing to Oregon, I can't see him going there. It looks like a battle between Washington and Cal. They insisted USC wasn't an option regardless of what happened to Kiffin (this was before he was fired). I should note that a lot of people out here have Royce Freeman (Oregon commit) rated higher.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ran into some supposed "insiders" in the Joe Mixon camp this weekend and they insisted he is staying out West. With Tony James committing to Oregon, I can't see him going there. It looks like a battle between Washington and Cal. They insisted USC wasn't an option regardless of what happened to Kiffin (this was before he was fired). I should note that a lot of people out here have Royce Freeman (Oregon commit) rated higher.

Joe Mixon is a Cal Bear. Evidently he loves Dykes' offense, and for good reason. He's gonna be a major weapon out there.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Mixon is a Cal Bear. Evidently he loves Dykes' offense, and for good reason. He's gonna be a major weapon out there.

Funny timing, 247 came out today and proclaimed Oklahoma has the leader for Mixon with Wisconsin a close second.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon is visiting next weekend I believe....along with one of the top OGs Mama....we're a long shot for each, but it would be awesome if we cobbled land either.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon is visiting next weekend I believe....along with one of the top OGs Mama....we're a long shot for each, but it would be awesome if we cobbled land either.

I...agree?