• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, they look really uncomfortable and awkward. Glad they're having fun and getting to enjoy the experience though. If I were a football recruit, I'd go see as many schools as possible. I can't imagine how cool that'd be.

And yeah, Morris looks every bit a bust to me. He's a practice/drills stud, but a dud on the field. His high school numbers didn't look anything like a stud QB's to me, and he looked absolutely horrible in the UAAA game this past January when he was having to go up against the other top recruits. I just don't see him fulfilling his 5* ranking.

Morris played on some fairly, crappy high school teams and sat out most of last season with mono (which he contracted over the summer). The kid does have a fricken cannon and is mobile in the pocket with decent wheels. Speight, like you mentioned, should definitely push Morris in a couple of years.

If UofM lands one of those California kids for 2015, we'll be set for awhile.

davidd2152

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible big get for Stanford Friday. 4* Nifae Lealoa the top DL recruit in the west will announce his commitment on Lemming's show Friday. His dream since grade school was to attend Stanford. When I say big I mean 6'5" 305lbs big. Originally considered a DE he may move to NT or OL.

Up next Solomon Thomas? I think with what is going at Texas Stanford's chances have possibly increased.

David

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible big get for Stanford Friday. 4* Nifae Lealoa the top DL recruit in the west will announce his commitment on Lemming's show Friday. His dream since grade school was to attend Stanford. When I say big I mean 6'5" 305lbs big. Originally considered a DE he may move to NT or OL.

Up next Solomon Thomas? I think with what is going at Texas Stanford's chances have possibly increased.

David

Good stuff David. I don't think there is even another school in the runnning. He's a Cardinal! Agree on Thomas as well. He has long been a Texas lean but with Mack's status up in the air, I would put it at 50/50.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of 5* 'Bust" I see Jalin Marshall AND Mike Mitchell have yet to see the field for the buckeyes.

PreSeason buckeye talk was Mitchell was going to nab a starting spot in a rather lackluster osu LBer Corp.

Now it seems the young man can not even earn a spot on a Sp.Tm. unit.

And Marshall being the next P.Harvin seems a little premature huh?:noidea:

Ha, we have brought in an absurd amount of talent at both LB and WR over the last 2 years. Are you seriously saying that since a true frosh hasn't played through 3 games they have bust written all over them? My observation was based on what I've seen of Morris through his film and game tapes. You're basing yours on the first 3 games of these 2 players' careers.

Bye now.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, we have brought in an absurd amount of talent at both LB and WR over the last 2 years. Are you seriously saying that since a true frosh hasn't played through 3 games they have bust written all over them? My observation was based on what I've seen of Morris through his film and game tapes. You're basing yours on the first 3 games of these 2 players' careers.

Bye now.

I have a feeling they would both see the field for us right now. Hopefully, Morris benefits from 2 years on the bench. By then, we should have some playmakers (Harris, Harris, Campbell Jr)

MichMafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bye now.

Really?

You have sent enough time breaking down Morris game tapes?

So please share this wisdom you have.
Is it his footwork?
His release?
Leadership?
Check downs?

What is it that your guru QBack eye sees in the kid that would have you state that he is a bust???

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

You have sent enough time breaking down Morris game tapes?

So please share this wisdom you have.
Is it his footwork?
His release?
Leadership?
Check downs?

What is it that your guru QBack eye sees in the kid that would have you state that he is a bust???

His HS numbers are not good. He makes horrible decisions. He's a great QB when it comes to practice and drills but in real games he isn't impressive. When he lined up against elite players in the UAAA game he looked terrified and played like total shit. That enough?

MichMafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His HS numbers are not good. He makes horrible decisions. He's a great QB when it comes to practice and drills but in real games he isn't impressive. When he lined up against elite players in the UAAA game he looked terrified and played like total shit. That enough?

"His statistics are very deceiving," Coach Verska said. "When we played Plymouth he had 28 completions out of 46 passes, but he had 11 drops. We had more touchdowns dropped than we had caught last year

So you mean to tell me that with your Prep Guru QB film study eye you didnt see all the drops???:noidea:

The AAU game? The one Treadwell dropped a perfectly thrown TD pass from Morris?? That AAU game?
The AAU game Morris played in after missing most his SR.season due to mono?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"His statistics are very deceiving," Coach Verska said. "When we played Plymouth he had 28 completions out of 46 passes, but he had 11 drops. We had more touchdowns dropped than we had caught last year

So you mean to tell me that with your Prep Guru QB film study eye you didnt see all the drops???:noidea:

The AAU game? The one Treadwell dropped a perfectly thrown TD pass from Morris?? That AAU game?
The AAU game Morris played in after missing most his SR.season due to mono?

LOL, wow you are really bothered that I'm not bowing down to this kid. I'm allowed to have an opinion based on observation so pull the stick out of your pussy already. It's not like I'm making shit up.

Even your fellow Michigan fans have said his decision-making is not good. It's evident in his game film. He has a big arm but not having it all between the ears makes a huge difference. He was terrified when he was in the Under Armour game. There was 1 dropped pass from Treadwell and then a whole lot of crap from Morris. If you like him so much, great, good for you. I don't, and I think he'll be a bust. I've had mono before and it didn't make me miss an entire season of sports. Maybe he needs to toughen up a bit.

MichMafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, wow you are really bothered that I'm not bowing down to this kid. I'm allowed to have an opinion based on observation so pull the stick out of your pussy already. It's not like I'm making shit up.

Even your fellow Michigan fans have said his decision-making is not good. It's evident in his game film. He has a big arm but not having it all between the ears makes a huge difference. He was terrified when he was in the Under Armour game. There was 1 dropped pass from Treadwell and then a whole lot of crap from Morris. If you like him so much, great, good for you. I don't, and I think he'll be a bust. I've had mono before and it didn't make me miss an entire season of sports. Maybe he needs to toughen up a bit.

HAHA soooooooo typical of a butteye!! i am surprised it took so long for you to start with the insults!! High School must really be having an impact on you!!

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHA soooooooo typical of a butteye!! i am surprised it took so long for you to start with the insults!! High School must really be having an impact on you!!

You started with the sarcasm bro. Sorry it bugs you so much. You really made an excellent point about Morris by calling me a butteye, though... :L

MichMafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You started with the sarcasm bro. Sorry it bugs you so much. You really made an excellent point about Morris by calling me a butteye, though... :L

what sarcasm?

not as good of a point as the stick in the pussy remark but im trying........:yahoo:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what sarcasm?

not as good of a point as the stick in the pussy remark but im trying........:yahoo:

So you mean to tell me that with your Prep Guru QB film study eye you didnt see all the drops???

Going a bit overboard just because I said I watched his film and this is my opinion. As far as the stick in the pussy, maybe if you didn't get your jimmies rustled so badly because I pointed out some acknowledged shortcomings in your golden boy, I wouldn't say it.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fwiw...IMO watching someone's highlight reel is not watching "film."

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fwiw...IMO watching someone's highlight reel is not watching "film."

Never said I just watched his highlights reels. You can find game tape almost anywhere. Last winter when recruiting season was reaching it's pinnacle, you could find tons of websites from scouts en sech that had game tape, not just highlights.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said I just watched his highlights reels. You can find game tape almost anywhere. Last winter when recruiting season was reaching it's pinnacle, you could find tons of websites from scouts en sech that had game tape, not just highlights.

Not accusing, but if you follow recruiting or recruiting forums you know that it is pretty prevalent in recruiting circles. To accurately break down game "film" you need to have a vast amount of evidence whether that be positive, negative, or neutral. You need to see a WR making the 80 yard catches, whiffing on a route that gets undercut for a pick, and seeing him blocking downfield even if the RB goes down for a loss. If someone saw what most refer to as "film" of Tim Tebow in the NFL then you would probably be in for a horrific surprise come game day. :lol: