• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gunner Kiel just decommitted again from wherever he's at now.

I think he just does a wheel of fortune thing every semester to find out who his next team is. For all you know, he could be heading back to LSU.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard some rumblings of a big 2014 recruit de-committing from somewhere, but don't know who. If anyone hears anything, pass along to the rest of us.

I usually only hear about this stuff if it involves Bama. I know we're looking good to steal CJ Hampton from Ole Miss, that's probably not who you're talking about though.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard some rumblings of a big 2014 recruit de-committing from somewhere, but don't know who. If anyone hears anything, pass along to the rest of us.
-
It Zycoven Henderson. 4 star DT from Texas. HE decommited from TCU. TOP DT in Texas, if you believe Solomon Thomas stays outside. Big news in the state of TExas, because the state is bereft of DT talent.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the numbers 41-14 and 37-17 mean anything to you dumb ass......plus they play in the weak big slow conference.....where nobody will be national champs for a long while......try to keep up.

So, your contention is that Urban Meyer is not capable of leading a team to a NC? Or perhaps Ohio State doesn't recruit great athletes? Really?

...Or have you missed the fact that Michigan has amassed some of the best talent this side of Tuscaloosa and has more 5* kids coming in than ever before? You see, comments like "are you stupid?" or "you are a dumb ass" might win you some debates in the deep South, but in parts of the world where logic rules, you have offered nothing to support your contention.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, your contention is that Urban Meyer is not capable of leading a team to a NC? Or perhaps Ohio State doesn't recruit great athletes? Really?

...Or have you missed the fact that Michigan has amassed some of the best talent this side of Tuscaloosa and has more 5* kids coming in than ever before? You see, comments like "are you stupid?" or "you are a dumb ass" might win you some debates in the deep South, but in parts of the world where logic rules, you have offered nothing to support your contention.

Jalopy, he doesn't even care enough to post the correct scores. This dude is a well-known troll who is toeing the line here on the edge of being permabanned. Don't let him get under your skin, you're too smart for that shit.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
It Zycoven Henderson. 4 star DT from Texas. HE decommited from TCU. TOP DT in Texas, if you believe Solomon Thomas stays outside. Big news in the state of TExas, because the state is bereft of DT talent.

That's the one...thanks all.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
4 star safety John Bonney just committed to Texas

I don't know a ton about that guy, but I had some Texas fans over on another board that weren't too excited about his commitment. Got any idea why?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State secures a commitment from Noah Brown, 4* WR from Sparta, NJ. At 6'2", 212 he will definitely fit the X spot well.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State secures a commitment from Noah Brown, 4* WR from Sparta, NJ. At 6'2", 212 he will definitely fit the X spot well.

Nice get for you guys. Any word on Lattimore? A lot of chirping about his visit in AA this weekend. I still think he is a pretty heavy Nuts lean but it would be a great steal for the good guys?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice get for you guys. Any word on Lattimore? A lot of chirping about his visit in AA this weekend. I still think he is a pretty heavy Nuts lean but it would be a great steal for the good guys?

He and Smith are a package deal. However, Latt's coach has already commented on what number he will want to wear when he gets to Columbus. At this point, it would be a massive coup for Hoke if he gets him to go to Michigan.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and Smith are a package deal. However, Latt's coach has already commented on what number he will want to wear when he gets to Columbus. At this point, it would be a massive coup for Hoke if he gets him to go to Michigan.

Agreed, We are going to have to get Hand and Malik McDowell to keep up with you guys. We are also longshots on some high profile guys (Juju, Adoree,) to round out this class.

Just saw you guys added Noah Brown. Jeez.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor out here on the West Coast is the USC boosters have approved the funds to buyout Kiff. Next loss he could be gone. Should be the ASU game or earlier. Replacements could include Gruden, Jack Del Rio, Chris Peterson (BSU) and Pat Fitzgerald (Northwestern)

I mention this on this thread because I know a lot of recruits here are waiting to see how the situation shapes up.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, We are going to have to get Hand and Malik McDowell to keep up with you guys. We are also longshots on some high profile guys (Juju, Adoree,) to round out this class.

Just saw you guys added Noah Brown. Jeez.

I'd be more shocked to see you guys without Hand and McDowell than if you were to get Lattimore and, in turn, Smith. I can't believe those guys haven't just made it official yet. I guess you could say the same for Lattimore and Smith, but damn. I think in the end you get your two and we get ours. Juju is also gonna be in Columbus for the Wisky game at the end of the month with Tyler Luatua, the 4* TE from CA. I'm glad he's gonna be in AA for The Game. If we can win, it will be like getting 2 visits with him. Sure is sounding like he's heading East either way. Who else is on your guys' radar aside from Juju, McDowell and Hand?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be more shocked to see you guys without Hand and McDowell than if you were to get Lattimore and, in turn, Smith. I can't believe those guys haven't just made it official yet. I guess you could say the same for Lattimore and Smith, but damn. I think in the end you get your two and we get ours. Juju is also gonna be in Columbus for the Wisky game at the end of the month with Tyler Luatua, the 4* TE from CA. I'm glad he's gonna be in AA for The Game. If we can win, it will be like getting 2 visits with him. Sure is sounding like he's heading East either way. Who else is on your guys' radar aside from Juju, McDowell and Hand?

The only realistic name I have heard is Kalen Ballage RB. We don't have a RB in this class which is a little surprising since the current group is remarkably average. Many are still mentioning Fournette but I would say there is a 1% we even get him on campus. We have 15 commits (+1 greyshirt) with only 18 available. Maybe Hoke can steal Damon Webb but all signs say he is solid. My money is on Juju, just not sure which side of the ball he will play on.

We just turned down Montae Nicholson, a high 4* S so I really think the staff feels confident on getting another DB

Last edited by a moderator:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only realistic name I have heard is Kalen Ballage RB. We don't have a RB in this class which is a little surprising since the current group is remarkably average. Many are still mentioning Fournette but I would say there is a 1% we even get him on campus. We have 15 commits (+1 greyshirt) with only 18 available. Maybe Hoke can steal Damon Webb but all signs say he is solid. My money is on Juju, just not sure which side of the ball he will play on.

:thumbsdown:

You have 2 solid frosh RBs though, plus isn't Norfleet only a soph?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumbsdown:

You have 2 solid frosh RBs though, plus isn't Norfleet only a soph?

Norfleet has been moved to slot. Derrick Green (5*) is big and fast but not very elusive. Great against the rest of the B1G, not good when our O-Line isn't knocking people on their heels. DeVeon Smith (high 4*) is even bigger, not as fast and even less elusive.
5* Damien Harris '15 is the back I am waiting for. He is the real deal and could probably start for us now.