• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen this story before. Michigan starts out ranked crazy high like a year and a half before signing day and Michigan fans thump their chests, and then OSU outdoes them.

2012? Check.
2013? Check.
2014? Unless Michigan pulls some miracles? Check.
2015? I think you can figure it out.

2014 Should be close. Lots depends on how Hand/ McDowell choose and Lattimore for you guys. Other than an outside chance at Juju, our class is closed. I don't think you can measure how good Peppers is in the ratings. Both good classes.

2015 We have two 5* in hand and another to be delivered by Peppers (Minkah Fitzpatrick). Should be another small class.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 Should be close. Lots depends on how Hand/ McDowell choose and Lattimore for you guys. Other than an outside chance at Juju, our class is closed. I don't think you can measure how good Peppers is in the ratings. Both good classes.

2015 We have two 5* in hand and another to be delivered by Peppers (Minkah Fitzpatrick). Should be another small class.

Lattimore's a Buckeye. His coach has already said what # he's gonna wear when he gets to OSU. That also means 4* Erick Smith is a Buckeye (no surprise).

We are also still in great shape with Raekwon McMillain, we're gonna get at least one more 4-5* OT, if not two. 5* DT Thomas Holley is also a heavy OSU lean. We're hosting Juju, Tyler Luatua and Jamal Adams so far. Plus, it's Urban. There are likely 3-4 blue chip guys out there that we don't know about that will be Buckeyes, just like the last 2 years.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lattimore's a Buckeye. His coach has already said what # he's gonna wear when he gets to OSU. That also means 4* Erick Smith is a Buckeye (no surprise).

We are also still in great shape with Raekwon McMillain, we're gonna get at least one more 4-5* OT, if not two. 5* DT Thomas Holley is also a heavy OSU lean. We're hosting Juju, Tyler Luatua and Jamal Adams so far. Plus, it's Urban. There are likely 3-4 blue chip guys out there that we don't know about that will be Buckeyes, just like the last 2 years.

Bama bound....take that to the bank!

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, and I forgot - 4* WR Johnnie Dixon has a final 3 of OSU, Bama and Miami, and evidently Meyer has been going after him hard.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't go to Bama, they're prolly not very good anyway.

:thumb:

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I forgot - 4* WR Johnnie Dixon has a final 3 of OSU, Bama and Miami, and evidently Meyer has been going after him hard.

It certainly is a contrast of styles that Hoke/Mattison have vs Meyer's. I look forward to seeing how it plays out on the field. Hoke's style does make for a fairly boring NSD. Heck, we are likely to have half our '15 class wrapped up before they finish their junior seasons.

MichMafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen this story before. Michigan starts out ranked crazy high like a year and a half before signing day and Michigan fans thump their chests, and then OSU outdoes them.

2012? Check.
2013? Check.
2014? Unless Michigan pulls some miracles? Check.
2015? I think you can figure it out.

osu 012 class has already lost Four Four Stars. Adv. Michigan

013 class i will take Michigans oline/rb/TE recruits over any 3 osu position groups. Adv.?Wash?

Miracles? 014 Michigan still has up to four five star recruits with Michigan a top 3 school. so osu is far from a lock to win the 014.

015??? Michigan has two five stars verbally committed. whats osu have?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

013 class i will take Michigans oline/rb/TE recruits over any 3 osu position groups. Adv.?Wash?

Miracles? 014 Michigan still has up to four five star recruits with Michigan a top 3 school. so osu is far from a lock to win the 014.

Not to mention that Minkah Fitzgerald, #1 '15 CB just transferred to Paramus Catholic to play with Peppers. Stay tuned.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

David Perkins? Wasn't gonna play much at LB. The incoming freshmen are better, and he was going down the depth chart, hence why he left.
Sevon Pittman? Played defensive end, a position where OSU brought in 2 of the top 3 positions in 2012 as well. He was not ever playing.
Najee Murray? Not really sure what happened, but our defensive backfield is loaded (which Michigan's is not)

Who else is there?

Oh, and for 2013, the only position group out of those 3 that you won is OL, and we're absolutely cleaning up in the 2014 class, which will be the best OL group in the nation.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Perkins? Wasn't gonna play much at LB. The incoming freshmen are better, and he was going down the depth chart, hence why he left.
Sevon Pittman? Played defensive end, a position where OSU brought in 2 of the top 3 positions in 2012 as well. He was not ever playing.
Najee Murray? Not really sure what happened, but our defensive backfield is loaded (which Michigan's is not)

Who else is there?

Oh, and for 2013, the only position group out of those 3 that you won is OL, and we're absolutely cleaning up in the 2014 class, which will be the best OL group in the nation.

No doubt our DB's are thin but help is on the way.

I think the difference in philosophies is the key here. Meyer is probably the best closer out there. Hoke likes to recruit through camps and with his eyes. Which is better? Who knows but I know that kids that commit early tend to drop in the rankings, which has hurt Michigan in meaningless polls.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt our DB's are thin but help is on the way.

I think the difference in philosophies is the key here. Meyer is probably the best closer out there. Hoke likes to recruit through camps and with his eyes. Which is better? Who knows but I know that kids that commit early tend to drop in the rankings, which has hurt Michigan in meaningless polls.

You're dead on. I don't know why but they do drop. In the end, recruiting stars mean nothing. Both schools have had high-caliber busts and no-name superstars. One thing is for sure - if Hoke is the real deal at coach, both teams are gonna be in the national title hunt for many years to come.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 Five-Stars are coming out from rivals....Bama has 1 committed so far.

DE Mekhi Brown - 6'6 230lbs, 4.6 40.

"Scouting Report: One of the best words to describe Brown is disruptive. His length and athleticism help him wreak havoc against the run and the pass. He's fast off the edge, something you expect from a versatile athlete such as Brown. His physical attributes automatically trigger comparisons to 2014 five-star defensive end Lorenzo Carter, and the long-term potential of both players is similar. The key for Brown will be adding to his repertoire of moves as other players start to catch up with him physically. "

He's compared to Mario Williams of the Buffalo Bills.