• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already strong, the number of remaining high-caliber recruits either pretty much LSU locks, or having them near the top of their list is simply staggering...

LSU could possibly land up to 9 5-star recruits...9(nine)

Incredible....no?

Would be incredible if it happened, but the chances are very slim. Which ones are probable for LSU?

If had to guess, I would say Bama finishes with 3 or 4 Five-stars. Marlon Humphrey, Jalen Tabor, Cameron Robinson are 3 that I feel Alabama will land. Lorenzo Carter is a guy that's leaning toward Florida right now, but Bama is a close second and hopefully we can sway him this way. Then there's Raekwon McMillan, Bama is inching closer and closer to taking this guy.

Panthera tigris Bob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be incredible if it happened, but the chances are very slim. Which ones are probable for LSU?

If had to guess, I would say Bama finishes with 3 or 4 Five-stars. Marlon Humphrey, Jalen Tabor, Cameron Robinson are 3 that I feel Alabama will land. Lorenzo Carter is a guy that's leaning toward Florida right now, but Bama is a close second and hopefully we can sway him this way. Then there's Raekwon McMillan, Bama is inching closer and closer to taking this guy.

The better question would be which of Louisiana's elite prospects aren't headed to LSU.

You gumps can continue to claim CRob all you want, but imo he's playing ya like a fiddle.

Just don't see the big guy not being a part of possibly the best class a state has ever put out. Call it peer pressure maybe.

Be a man for once, and admit LSU is just kicking ass with in-state talent...

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better question would be which of Louisiana's elite prospects aren't headed to LSU.

You gumps can continue to claim CRob all you want, but imo he's playing ya like a fiddle.

Just don't see the big guy not being a part of possibly the best class a state has ever put out. Call it peer pressure maybe.

Be a man for once, and admit LSU is just kicking ass with in-state talent...

I never denied LSU has tons of in-state talent, we get a lot of our top players from there.

LSU is likely going to keep Hootie and Fournette, but Robinson will roll with the tide.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaun Crawford went through the motions, but there seemed to be only one option all along: Michigan.

The Lakewood (Ohio) St. Edward junior cornerback made it official today, announcing his commitment publicly on an ESPN.com Recruiting Nation video feed with more than 1,000 fans watching.

The 5-foot-9, 170 pound four-star prospect said he was a Michigan fan growing up, admiring former U-M receiver Mario Manningham, who came from Warren (Ohio) Harding, where Crawford’s mother was a principal.

2015 but another player from Ohio. Very solid recruit. If Michigan can't compete for big time recruits in Ohio Hoke and Company will have a very hard time.

Still hear Michigan is strong with Hand and that would make a great class. The cherry would be Fournette but thats a difficult task as everything I have read is he is still a LSU lean.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaun Crawford went through the motions, but there seemed to be only one option all along: Michigan.

The Lakewood (Ohio) St. Edward junior cornerback made it official today, announcing his commitment publicly on an ESPN.com Recruiting Nation video feed with more than 1,000 fans watching.

The 5-foot-9, 170 pound four-star prospect said he was a Michigan fan growing up, admiring former U-M receiver Mario Manningham, who came from Warren (Ohio) Harding, where Crawford’s mother was a principal.

2015 but another player from Ohio. Very solid recruit. If Michigan can't compete for big time recruits in Ohio Hoke and Company will have a very hard time.

Still hear Michigan is strong with Hand and that would make a great class. The cherry would be Fournette but thats a difficult task as everything I have read is he is still a LSU lean.

Yeah you guys got Hand, Fournette is an LSU-Bama battle, LSU is winning.

Hand and Peppers in the same class is really unbelievable, gonna be a very good class for Michigan.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you guys got Hand, Fournette is an LSU-Bama battle, LSU is winning.

Hand and Peppers in the same class is really unbelievable, gonna be a very good class for Michigan.

About damn time too!

UofM received a 2015 verbal from a solid back name escapes me but I am concerned that they will need another as 2012 signee Green may eat himself out of his future starting RB position.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU SHOULD get Fournette but who knows. I though the Tigers had Landon Collins and we all know how that went down. If he is smart he will go to LSU, he will likely start as a freshman.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU SHOULD get Fournette but who knows. I though the Tigers had Landon Collins and we all know how that went down. If he is smart he will go to LSU, he will likely start as a freshman.

Agree. He'd be a damn fool not to go to LSU. As big an Alabama fan as I am, if I'm a five-star running back in this class....not going to Bama.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About damn time too!

UofM received a 2015 verbal from a solid back name escapes me but I am concerned that they will need another as 2012 signee Green may eat himself out of his future starting RB position.

Damien Harris. I saw a picture of Green, what the hell are you guys doin to that kid?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damien Harris. I saw a picture of Green, what the hell are you guys doin to that kid?

Maybe a move to FB.

He is interchangeable with Rawls at his size. What a damn shame a 5 start RB that blows up that big by his freshman year.

Fournette will be under a lot of pressure to stay in state.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What whore unpinned this?

brasky bitched, and for some odd and unknown reason, the mods listened.

I feel a good "fuck you brasky" response was the correct answer.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brasky bitched, and for some odd and unknown reason, the mods listened.

I feel a good "fuck you brasky" response was the correct answer.

I should've known. What fag can't handle 4 stickies? Mods should be ashamed of themselves.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This will be good for getting Ronnie Clark and some of those Louisiana guys, they're all good friends, plus Clark is already leaning toward us, as well as Robinson, so this just helps that cause.

As far as Sims as a player, I'm a little concerned that most other big schools weren't even after him, and the dude actually has Southern University and Southern Miss as a finalist...I trust the staff, but others didn't seem too impressed. That's just from what I've heard from other fans, I don't know for certain that he isn't getting a lot of love.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That WR commit bumps Alabama up to #1 in the rivals recruiting rankings. We are likely to add a few more good players, including a few 5-stars, so I think we may finish with another #1 class, at the very least it'll be top 3.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be good for getting Ronnie Clark and some of those Louisiana guys, they're all good friends, plus Clark is already leaning toward us, as well as Robinson, so this just helps that cause.

As far as Sims as a player, I'm a little concerned that most other big schools weren't even after him, and the dude actually has Southern University and Southern Miss as a finalist...I trust the staff, but others didn't seem too impressed. That's just from what I've heard from other fans, I don't know for certain that he isn't getting a lot of love.

He's a 4 star, so he can't be that bad. I know those stars don't mean a whole lot, but they have to be ballpark at least.