• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Lions Draft Thread

Best Option for the Lions at #10

• Anthony Barr

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Sammy Watkins

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Best CB Available (Dennard or Gilbert)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
(2) Muzzer's fantasy pitcher had 17 strikeouts, yet he still found something to bitch about.
This may be my favorite post in this thread.

I concur. It makes my day when I give ya something to laugh about.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet I didn't complain about one draft pick the Lions made.....Hmmmm.....I know it's a long thread but you won't find me complaining about a single one....Maybe you guys think I bitch more then I do......Have fun trying to find it......I'm not as negative as you think I am....I just say it's crap when I think it's crap and for some they don't like that.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YouTube

Ziggys 2012 season condensed.

ShadowJ20

I'm Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Slay starting. Bentley is better suited in the slot IMO. Glad we got Warford.

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget about Jonte Green. He wasnt bad for being pressed into service before he was ready. Slay should start. He just looks like a better player.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR: Da'Rick Rogers, Quinton Patten, Ryan Swope, Kenny Stills, Marquess Wilson, Denard Robinson
TE: Nick Kasa, Dion Sims
OT: David Bakhtiari, Jordan Mills, Luke Marquardt
OG/C: Barret Jones, David Quessenberry, Alvin Berry
DE: Alex Okafor, William Gholston
DT: Jesse Williams, Montori Hughes
LB: Kahseem Greene, A.J. Klein
CB: B.W. Webb, Jordan Poyer, Terry Hawthorne
S: Phillip Thomas, Shamarko Thomas, Earl Wolff, Duke Williams, Bacarri Rambo, J.J. Wilcox, Josh Evans

Looks like I'm down to 30 guys after round 3. Even after all of round 4 there should still be at least 6 or 7 of these guys left for us to chose from.

Or, perhaps they go with somebody different alltogether...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be my favorite post in this thread.

This is what concerns me most about this years' draft.

It shouldn't. It should make you feel comforted. Once you weed out B.S kool-aid posters and B.S. sky is falling posters.....You get a select few that know what there talking about..

The Lions did a good job in the 1st three rounds this year. They havn't done that in the past (hence some don't like me here) That's ok. This team just gained a win in the regular season and maybe even two with this draft.....I'm seeing 8-8 now maybe even 9-7......

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like these players late in the 4th

WR: Cobi Hamilton
QB: Tyler Wilson
DE: Alex Okafor(sounds like he has a hip injury)
Any OLB
RB: Joseph Randle

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget about Jonte Green.

I'm hoping Slay is ready to step in to the starting role right away. Having Greenwood is going to be like having another rookie corner. We have no idea what he can do. Don't really know jack about Bentley either, other than he struggled as a rookie starter for a few games. Big surprise there. Green played pretty well for a rookie. Wouldn't be surprised if he were the starter opposite Houston to start the season.

The Detroit Lions should be pretty deep at CB.

Sounds odd, doesn't it?

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt that is weird thru. 4 corners for one spot. Now we can work on upgrading LB and DL depth.

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gents, what is wrong with Alex Okafor?

All I could dig up is that he had an injury that kept him from doing much at the combine. He is not overly fast according to a few sites. Maybe the two together and just the whole "I need another position more" thing is all playing a part. If for some miracle he slips another round, the Lions should take him at the end of the fourth.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take it personally Muzz. Your opinions carry as much weight as mine do. You're just fun to pick on. It's a good thing I don't live where you do. I'd give the kids money to deal you misery. Oh, the ideas I could put in their heads.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take it personally Muzz. Your opinions carry as much weight as mine do. You're just fun to pick on. It's a good thing I don't live where you do. I'd give the kids money to deal you misery. Oh, the ideas I could put in their heads.

Don't think it hasn't been tried......I'm in bed with Principals and word from me on paper and mommy and daddy are driving little Johnny to school for 5 days.....It's always a fun game for me...

Parents don't find it that funny.......Although I don't really work, I just drive a bunch of well behaved kids around town for the day.....

Best job in the world......Once you get the behavior out of the kids that is expected.....

It was miserable for a year training them.....Now it's not even work and I come back every year.:rollseyes:

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston is, far and away, the best CB on the Lions roster and it isn't even remotely close.

IMO, redundancy is a very strong trait of yours, in my opinion.

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We have hit 3 home runs in this draft

I think we have definitely hit 2 home runs with Ansah & Warford. I can't believe Larry Warford lasted that long. He'll be a great RG for us. We also could have had Sio Moore, an OLB I am very high on. But I can't complaint about Warford.

Slay is also a good pick. But it's too early to call it a home run. I would have preferred Arthur Brown. However, if Slay lives up to his potential both as a CB and as a returner...GREAT pick!!

Ansah, Brown & Warford would have been my DREAM draft.

But I am NOT going to complain at all.

Hell, just the fact that we took a DE, CB & OG makes me happy, let alone that I like the specific players. Mayhew must be learning. He finally threw away his stupid BPA board and actually addressed need.

Now we just need Khaseem Greene to fall to our 4th round pick and I will be even more of a happy camper!! And then we can have some fun and throw a flyer at DRob in the 5th round, Kenjon Barner in the 6th, and Tyler Bray in the 7th. :)

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
kaseem greene is still available too

Yep. He's the guy I have my eye on with our next pick. I would have LOVED Sio Moore, but there was no way he was dropping to the 4th round. Greene actually has the potential to be a starter in the NFL, and for a 4th round pick that's pretty good.

If he's not there I'd still be interested in Barrett Jones despite the injury.

Our next 2 picks are actually pretty close together. Maybe we can get both if they continue to slip.

If Marcus Lattimore is still available in the 6th round I say we jump on that. Why not? I also like Tyler Bray as a backup QB prospect in the 7th round if nobody takes him.

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
WR: Da'Rick Rogers, Quinton Patten, Ryan Swope, Kenny Stills, Marquess Wilson, Denard Robinson
TE: Nick Kasa, Dion Sims
OT: David Bakhtiari, Jordan Mills, Luke Marquardt
OG/C: Barret Jones, David Quessenberry, Alvin Berry
DE: Alex Okafor, William Gholston
DT: Jesse Williams, Montori Hughes
LB: Kahseem Greene, A.J. Klein
CB: B.W. Webb, Jordan Poyer, Terry Hawthorne
S: Phillip Thomas, Shamarko Thomas, Earl Wolff, Duke Williams, Bacarri Rambo, J.J. Wilcox, Josh Evans

Looks like I'm down to 30 guys after round 3. Even after all of round 4 there should still be at least 6 or 7 of these guys left for us to chose from.

Or, perhaps they go with somebody different alltogether...

Nice list.

WR - I like Swope & DRob. If Swope were black he would have already been drafted. If there are no OLB of any value with our 4th round pick I would be in favor of Swope. All he does is be extremely productive. I would prefer to take DRob in the 6th round, but I'd be fine if we took a flyer on him in the 5th if there was no one of note to take. At that point who cares?

OT - I don't want any of the OT's unless it's the 6th or 7th round. There are no OT prospects left that I'm excited about. If Reiff doesn't work out at LT this year we will need to use our 1st round pick next year on the best available LT.

C/G - I'm still in favor of Barrett Jones with our next pick if we want another interior OL. I know he's injured, but he has the potential for a full recovery and to be our next starting center.

DE - I agree with Okafor at DE. You can afford to gamble on an injured player at the bottom of the 4th round. He's the only DE left worthy of our 4th round pick.

DT - Jessie Williams would be a steal and would give us nice depth at DT.

OLB - I've already said that Greene would be my top choice of anyone left on the board. Not to mention he would address our biggest need that still left - OLB. I could see him starting ahead of Palmer, not that that is saying much. Man, I really hope Slay works out because otherwise we are going to really regret passing on Arthur Brown & Sio Moore. Both of these guys are certain NFL starting OLB's in my opinion.

CB - pass. We have enough CB prospects. I'd rather we throw a flyer at a safety.

S - not sure which I like best. I have a feeling that we will take a safety at some point tomorrow.

QB - I like Tyler Bray

RB - not until the 6th round, and only if either Lattimore of Barner are still on the board.

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I still dont trust this line.....dont trust fox one bit....would be nice to get barrett in the 4th....i still think our LB's are weak also....i dont know much about slay, but i didnt care for the pick. Hopefully he proves me wrong....i dont get all giddy over speed. Ahaha i nailed the leveon be
Bell pick....figured hes a steelers type guy.

I actually like our OL right now. Warford really makes everything better. I still think that Riley Reiff will eventually be our longterm RT and we will need to use our first pick next year on a LT. But for one season I think we will survive with Reiff at LT. It's just not ideal. But our guards are elite!! I agree Barrett would be nice in the 4th round.

Our LB's are definitely the weakest part of our team right now. And this isn't even close. Levy is not very good and he's not even our worst starting LB. If Greene slips to our next pick I would feel much better.

I don't love the Slay pick only because we passed on some very good LB's. But I like the pick. And maybe I will love it. He's more than just a speedster. Seems to have a pretty good feel for the game. He's just raw. Like Ansah. I hope the Lions get better at developing players in a hurry!!