• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Lions Draft Thread

Best Option for the Lions at #10

• Anthony Barr

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Sammy Watkins

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Best CB Available (Dennard or Gilbert)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this talent+need draft the work of Colonel Xanders? I like it.

I was just going to say that. Seems like Detroit has put the BPA approach aside and actually started filling holes -- Wonder if Xander has anything to do with the Lions philosophy they have used this year.

Any way you look at it -- I REALLY like what the Lions have done in this draft. Still nervous about the Ansah pick, but if the guy is a quick study, he could be an absolute monster. The other options at #5 were CB and Guard, which the Lions have taken in the 2nd and 3rd round.

I think Warford may be my favorite pick, as it gives the Lions a road grader in the middle to help out with the running game.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
120 pitches Muzz, cold there too. Great job by Annie

Ya, I stated such on the Tigers thread, but JV has tossed over 130 a few times.

This has never been done before by any Tiger ever and JL swipes the rug away....Atleast let the guy come out in the 9th.....Give him his moment....7 or 8 pitches wasn't going to hurt anything.

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Sanchez!!!!!!

We have a very inexperienced line but one with a lot of promise. I would still love to see them move up and get Barret but at this point, any OL they get doesnt help Stafford this year. The only way they improve this line this year is through F/A.

I still personally think I would have liked Milliner and Hunt over Ansah and Slay, but if Slay turns out to be good even, and Ansah proves to be a beast? THis could end up being better.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankenstein Never Scared Me

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gents, what is wrong with Alex Okafor?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gents, what is wrong with Alex Okafor?

I was just thinking the same thing. He was a guy they were talking may go late 1st/early 2nd. Now it is the end of the 3rd and he is still on the board.

I wouldn't be upset to see the Lions to take him to give them more depth at the DE position.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still dont trust this line.....dont trust fox one bit....would be nice to get barrett in the 4th....i still think our LB's are weak also....i dont know much about slay, but i didnt care for the pick. Hopefully he proves me wrong....i dont get all giddy over speed. Ahaha i nailed the leveon be
Bell pick....figured hes a steelers type guy.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow -- Stedman Bailey to the Rams. They are having an unbelievable draft too, addressing their WR issues with Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey. Got arguably the best LB in the draft in Alec Ogletree, as well as really solid Safety prospect in TJ McDonald.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still dont trust this line.....dont trust fox one bit....would be nice to get barrett in the 4th....i still think our LB's are weak also....i dont know much about slay, but i didnt care for the pick. Hopefully he proves me wrong....i dont get all giddy over speed. Ahaha i nailed the leveon be
Bell pick....figured hes a steelers type guy.

You don't giddy over speed? You havn't seen Denard Robinson in honolulu blue......It's more of a smear as he runs that fast it messes up the Monitor or TV you watch it on...

The Japanese are still trying new technology to get that smear off your tv when he does it.:laugh3:

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's gonna start over Slay? Bentely? Bartell? Maybe, but my money is on Slay.

I haven't heard anything negative on Warford's conditioning, not sure where you're coming up with that one...

I think Bentley would start the season at corner with Slay returning punts and playing in nickel packages. I actually think he has a better chance of unseating Houston for a starting spot.

Have you seen Warford run? Not exactly my definition of a pulling guard to help Bush downfield. Should help greatly in short down situations.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many guys still on the board. I really wish the Lions still had their 4th rounder at the top. Why don't we have the 4th rounder at the top?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fell asleep on the couch. Here's what I learned after catching up:

(1) TPaul didn't like the feedback he got from the needle dicks on round 3, so he didn't even ask their opionion for round 4.

(2) Muzzer's fantasy pitcher had 17 strikeouts, yet he still found something to bitch about.

(3) Colonel Sanders brought some Kentucky Fried Chicken to the Lions warroom and saved the draft.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bentley would start the season at corner with Slay returning punts and playing in nickel packages. I actually think he has a better chance of unseating Houston for a starting spot.

do you even watch the Lions play? You think Slay has a better chance of taking Houston's starting role than Bentley's? Houston is, far and away, the best CB on the Lions roster and it isn't even remotely close.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(2) Muzzer's fantasy pitcher had 17 strikeouts, yet he still found something to bitch about.

This may be my favorite post in this thread.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im six beers deep but there is an 11 minute Ansah highlight reel (nearly his entire playing career) and I think Ziggy may end up the best player in NFL history. Even when he is blocked he finds a way to cover somebody or get his hands up. He isnt a dumbass.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i am digging this draft big holes filled in.

warford's conditioning was criticzed on the cbs scouting report but not in a severe tone, i think it is something that can get worked out without too much pain and aggravation.

ansah will be a beast next to suh and fairley easily one of the scariest lines in football.
plus slay as the nickel is going to be fun this year.

here is to hoping denard falls to us in the 4th

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are going to Slay opponents when they go to War-ford this season. Opponents will have no Ansah.