• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Lions Draft Thread

Best Option for the Lions at #10

• Anthony Barr

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Sammy Watkins

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Best CB Available (Dennard or Gilbert)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I was looking at the other CBs and only one do I really like by looking at his profile. Amerson. What do you guys think of him? He is fast, tall, strong,....

Amerson is a really aggressive CB and a ball hawk. He gets burned alot though. I think he would do really well in the Lions defensive scheme, as he wouldn't have to play alot of man coverage. Don't think you will see him drafted in the 2nd round by the Lions, but if he was there in the 3rd round -- I would be happy with that pick. Anyone who picked off 13 passes in a single season has to be pretty good.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Vikings are on a mission this year.

Uhhh yeah -- they have a crazy haul of 1st round picks. Arguably the best DT in Floyd, one of the top CBs in Rhodes and #2 WR in the draft in Patterson.

It is funny how that works -- going into the draft. the 4 biggest needs for the Vikings were DT, CB, WR and MLB. They drafted a DT, CB and WR.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogletree to the rams! darn. Talent slowly dwindling down.

you guys are KILLING me. you keep posting the picks before they announce them on ESPN. you are taking the fun out of it. i can see i won't be having this thread up the rest of the weekend, as part of the fun is hearing the name announced. LOL.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys are KILLING me. you keep posting the picks before they announce them on ESPN. you are taking the fun out of it. i can see i won't be having this thread up the rest of the weekend, as part of the fun is hearing the name announced. LOL.

lol my bad dude. Im not watching anymore, so i just post as i see it.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta admit that The NFL is really dragging this out! It shows the "pick is in" yet it is taking forever for the announcement. Yawn.

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is looking very much like Margus Hunt will still be there. The Lions could have had the best CB in the draft and still got a good DE who would have fit the Lions scheme. (Sigh)

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after watching the vikings 1st round. Lawrence Jackson has decided to sign with the vikings. Not joking

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is looking very much like Margus Hunt will still be there. The Lions could have had the best CB in the draft and still got a good DE who would have fit the Lions scheme. (Sigh)

Tank is still there, too.

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have one question. Where the hell did all that talk about not swinging for the fences come from? So Ansah is not swinging for the fences? A project who has a huge upside but very little experience is not swinging for the fences? Mayhew knows the truth like he knows how to build a winning team!

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd support a second DE being taken.

Might as well. THeir secondary isnt going to be great anyways now. Now their ONLY hope on defense is to get to the QB every play!