• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 10000 posts for a Husker Conference Championship Thread

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit is about to get interesting in Omaha. They're not charging The Hive bar owner who killed that dude the other night.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jump Off by Lil Kim & Timbaland

Whoa, whoa, whoa, yeah
Aiyyo, Tim man, this the jump off right here, man
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, it's Queen Bee, *****
It's the jump off, come on
I been gone for a minute, now I'm back at the jump off
Goons in the club in case somethin' jumps off
And back up before the hive, let the pump off
In the graveyard is where you get dumped off
All we wanna do is party
And buy everybody at the bar Bacardi
Black Barbie dressed in Bulgari
I'm tryin' to leave in somebody's Ferrari
Spread love, that's what a real mob do
Keep it gangsta, look out for her, people
I'm the wicked bitch of the east, you better keep the peace, aiyyo
Or out come the beast
We the best still there's room for improvement
Our presence is felt like a Black Panther movement
Seven quarter to eights, back to back with 'em
And I'm sittin' on chrome, seven times platinum
This is for my peeps
With the Bentleys, the Hummers, the Benz
Escalades, twenty three inch rims
Jumpin' out the Jaguar with the Tims, keep your bread up
And live good
East coast, West coast, worldwide
All my playas in the hood, stay fly
And if your ballin', let me hear you say right
It's Lil' Kim and Timbaland, niggas, shit, ya drawers
Special delivery for you and yours
I rep for bitches, he rep for boys
If you rep for your hood then make some noise
I got my eye on the guy in the Woolrich coat
Don't he know Queen Bee got the ill deep throat?
Uh, let me show you what I'm all about
How I make a Sprite can disappear in my mouth
Shake up the dice, throw down your ice
Bet it all playa, fuck the price
Money ain't a thing, throw it out like rice
Been around the world, cop the same thing twice
Rub on my tits, squeeze on my ass
Gimme some, step on the gas
Pop the cork and roll up the hash
You know what we about, sex, drugs and cash
This is for my peeps
And live good
Enter the world of the Playboy, pin up girl
Buttnaked, dressed in nothin' but pearls
You wanna meet me 'cause ya know I'm freaky
And ya wanna eat me 'cause ya say I'm sexy
Got a man in Japan and a dude in Tahiti
Believe me, sweety, I got enough to feed the needy
No need to be greedy, I got mad friends that's pretty
Chicks by the layers and all different flavors
Mafioso, that's how this thing go
Now everybody come get with the lingo
Shake your body, body, move your body, body
On the dance floor, don't hurt nobody body
I'm the one that put the Range in the Rover
When I'm steppin' out the Range, yo it's over
Comin' through in the Brooklyn Mint gear
We 'gone do this just like Big Poppa was here
This is for my peeps
And live good
Yeah, to the what, yeah, oh, yo, keep your bread up
Yeah and worldwide and stay fly *****, yeah, man
Right, right, right, right, Queen Bee, LB
Two thousand and fuckin' three, why not? We makin' it hot
Come to know the spot, come on, aiyyo
She back at it, why wouldn't she be? Come on, yeah
B.I.G., Freaky Tah, yeah, yeah, yeah, L's, light 'em, oh

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit is about to get interesting in Omaha. They're not charging The Hive bar owner who killed that dude the other night.

honestly though if they charged him with murder that would not be Justice he was defending himself he's defending his establishment take race out of it (not you personally the judicial system)

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took all the support beams out of my load-bearing wall today and I hung my LVL all by my lonesome I feel pretty dang proud of myself

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read that. People have a right to their opinion. It's going to a grand jury which it should just to cover all the bases and leave no stone unturned. Unfortunately no matter what the outcome eventually is, there will be pissed off people on one side or the other. Although I take issue with this quote from his post:

"Racism aside, this case's potential precedent - that someone could bring a gun he was not authorized to carry to a location he was not supposed to be, start a fight, show and fire a weapon, and then justifiably kill anybody who tries to intervene and disarm him - should be deeply disturbing to anyone."

He states earlier in his post that "bar-owners like Gardner were advised to clear the area and leave the law-enforcement to law enforcement".

You can ADVISE someone not to be somewhere but that doesn't make it illegal. You can't tell me that protesters and some looters had more of a right to be in an area than a business owner wanting to protect his property in the same area. You can't blame me for being at my house when protesters are marching down my street and my house gets burglarized in the process and then blame me and tell me that I should not have been there in the first place.

Regardless of the ultimate outcome that night, Gardner had a right to be there just as much as the protesters. His actions while he was there can and should be debated.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that. People have a right to their opinion. It's going to a grand jury which it should just to cover all the bases and leave no stone unturned. Unfortunately no matter what the outcome eventually is, there will be pissed off people on one side or the other. Although I take issue with this quote from his post:

"Racism aside, this case's potential precedent - that someone could bring a gun he was not authorized to carry to a location he was not supposed to be, start a fight, show and fire a weapon, and then justifiably kill anybody who tries to intervene and disarm him - should be deeply disturbing to anyone."

He states earlier in his post that "bar-owners like Gardner were advised to clear the area and leave the law-enforcement to law enforcement".

You can ADVISE someone not to be somewhere but that doesn't make it illegal. You can't tell me that protesters and some looters had more of a right to be in an area than a business owner wanting to protect his property in the same area. You can't blame me for being at my house when protesters are marching down my street and my house gets burglarized in the process and then blame me and tell me that I should not have been there in the first place.

Regardless of the ultimate outcome that night, Gardner had a right to be there just as much as the protesters. His actions while he was there can and should be debated.

Lefties have been reaching far and wide to convince each other and comfort themselves on how/why the bar owner is in the wrong. They keep chirping racism and that his concealed carry permit had expired just days prior to the incident.

Whether or not the bar owner is racist has zero bearing on the issue.

Next point.....What they don't know (because the media won't tell them) is that Omaha has it's own Open Carry Permit. You don't need it if you have a state conceal carry permit, but many have both just to be on the safe side if there were to be an incident and they needed to use their weapon. It's akin to wearing a belt and suspenders at the same time. We do not know if the bar owner had one of those Omaha permits (Don Klein didn't say).
However, even if he didn't have the Omaha Open Carry permit, there is exception to it regarding Possession and Open Carry... A sidewalk is considered an extension of a business and therefore the bar owner was legal to have a gun in his possession. By statute, even the employees of the bar were legal to have them.

That is why the bar owner is not charged with illegal possession of a firearm.

The grand jury will see evidence of the dead guy smashing the windows and looting the business next door to the bar. They will then see the bar owner shoved into the street and jumped from behind by this guy. Their determination will be the same as Don Klein who's recently said more evidence has come forth since that supports his decision not to charge the bar owner. The lefties will be forced to bite their pillows and wet their beds again.

Sec. 20-206. Carrying weapons.

(a) As provided in section 20-192, the carrying of a concealed weapon is expressly forbidden.

(b) In all other cases, it shall be unlawful for a person to go armed with a loaded concealable firearm of any kind or to knowingly carry or transport a concealable firearm in a motor vehicle, provided, however, that this section shall not apply to the following persons:

(1) Persons lawfully entitled to possess a firearm while upon the premises where he or she regularly resides or is regularly employed.

(2) Peace officers.

(3) Members of the armed forces of the United States, the National Guard, or the Reserve Officer Training Corps when on duty or training.

(4) Persons who for any lawful purpose carry an unloaded concealable firearm inside a closed and fastened container or securely wrapped package which is too large to be concealed on the person.

(5) Persons who for any lawful purpose carry or transport an unloaded concealable firearm in a vehicle inside a closed and fastened container or securely wrapped package which is too large to be concealed on the person or inside a cargo or luggage compartment where the concealable firearm will not be readily accessible to any person riding in the vehicle or common carrier.

(6) Persons in or upon a shooting range or the regular business premises of a federally and city licensed firearms dealer.

(7) Persons engaged in a generally recognized course of instruction in the use of firearms, such as hunter safety instructions or instruction for the purpose of obtaining an identification card showing satisfactory completion of the firearm training program as set forth in section 20-207.

(8) Persons who have verified to the city that they are entitled to a waiver of the firearm training program as set forth in section 20-207(k).

(9) Persons who have obtained and display an identification card showing satisfactory completion of the firearm training program as set forth in section 20-207.

(10) Persons possessing a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm under Nebraska Law.(Ord. No. 33113, § 7, 11-23-93; Ord. No. 34229, § 1, 6-17-97; Ord. No. 37432, § 2, 7-18-06)

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefties have been reaching far and wide to convince each other and comfort themselves on how/why the bar owner is in the wrong. They keep chirping racism and that his concealed carry permit had expired just days prior to the incident.

Whether or not the bar owner is racist has zero bearing on the issue.

Next point.....What they don't know (because the media won't tell them) is that Omaha has it's own Open Carry Permit. You don't need it if you have a state conceal carry permit, but many have both just to be on the safe side if there were to be an incident and they needed to use their weapon. It's akin to wearing a belt and suspenders at the same time. We do not know if the bar owner had one of those Omaha permits (Don Klein didn't say).
However, even if he didn't have the Omaha Open Carry permit, there is exception to it regarding Possession and Open Carry... A sidewalk is considered an extension of a business and therefore the bar owner was legal to have a gun in his possession. By statute, even the employees of the bar were legal to have them.

That is why the bar owner is not charged with illegal possession of a firearm.

The grand jury will see evidence of the dead guy smashing the windows and looting the business next door to the bar. They will then see the bar owner shoved into the street and jumped from behind by this guy. Their determination will be the same as Don Klein who's recently said more evidence has come forth since that supports his decision not to charge the bar owner. The lefties will be forced to bite their pillows and wet their beds again.

Sec. 20-206. Carrying weapons.

(a) As provided in section 20-192, the carrying of a concealed weapon is expressly forbidden.

(b) In all other cases, it shall be unlawful for a person to go armed with a loaded concealable firearm of any kind or to knowingly carry or transport a concealable firearm in a motor vehicle, provided, however, that this section shall not apply to the following persons:

(1) Persons lawfully entitled to possess a firearm while upon the premises where he or she regularly resides or is regularly employed.

(2) Peace officers.

(3) Members of the armed forces of the United States, the National Guard, or the Reserve Officer Training Corps when on duty or training.

(4) Persons who for any lawful purpose carry an unloaded concealable firearm inside a closed and fastened container or securely wrapped package which is too large to be concealed on the person.

(5) Persons who for any lawful purpose carry or transport an unloaded concealable firearm in a vehicle inside a closed and fastened container or securely wrapped package which is too large to be concealed on the person or inside a cargo or luggage compartment where the concealable firearm will not be readily accessible to any person riding in the vehicle or common carrier.

(6) Persons in or upon a shooting range or the regular business premises of a federally and city licensed firearms dealer.

(7) Persons engaged in a generally recognized course of instruction in the use of firearms, such as hunter safety instructions or instruction for the purpose of obtaining an identification card showing satisfactory completion of the firearm training program as set forth in section 20-207.

(8) Persons who have verified to the city that they are entitled to a waiver of the firearm training program as set forth in section 20-207(k).

(9) Persons who have obtained and display an identification card showing satisfactory completion of the firearm training program as set forth in section 20-207.

(10) Persons possessing a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm under Nebraska Law.(Ord. No. 33113, § 7, 11-23-93; Ord. No. 34229, § 1, 6-17-97; Ord. No. 37432, § 2, 7-18-06)

Lefties don't care about any of that.