• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 10000 posts for a Husker Conference Championship Thread

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, you're right. I'm pretty sure these are White Bass, and the reason they look so much like a Wiper is that White Bass must be the dominant gene.

BTW, they filleted out just like a Crappie, Perch, or Walleye. Just take the rib cage out. White meat.

It would be nice to get some size on them though. I'll start keeping the bigger ones. Once battered they'll be 2 pieces of fish. We caught about 30 of them today. Probably 10 that were bigger than normal that I would have kept knowing what I know now.

You filleted out the bass? They're very good eat's, but I think the walleye is the steak of fish.

Yep, you fillet 'em just the same as the others. I use an electric fillet knife now, that's hard to beat. It takes about 1/2 the time as traditional knifing.

Female striped bass eggs / male white bass sperm ....

The meat (flake) on a wiper fillet is more broad than that of a white bass.. I've caught a couple master angler wipers and I'll tell ya', them bugger's are a blast to catch. ..

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You filleted out the bass? They're very good eat's, but I think the walleye is the steak of fish.

Yep, you fillet 'em just the same as the others. I use an electric fillet knife now, that's hard to beat. It takes about 1/2 the time as traditional knifing.

Female striped bass eggs / male white bass sperm ....

The meat (flake) on a wiper fillet is more broad than that of a white bass.. I've caught a couple master angler wipers and I'll tell ya', them bugger's are a blast to catch. ..

Yeah, I kept a couple of the bigger White Bass (?) just to see how they filleted out. Looks like good white flakey meat. I don't eat Large Mouth or Smallies.

No doubt Walleye is the best.

I always use an electric knife. 4 passes and your done other than taking out the rib cage with a regular fillet knife.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I was introduced to the electric fillet knife year before last, I'll never go back. You lose a little bit of meat with the electric, but the time it saves is unbeatable, unless of course somebody else is filleting them while yer drinking the beers. :becky:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was introduced to the electric fillet knife year before last, I'll never go back. You lose a little bit of meat with the electric, but the time it saves is unbeatable, unless of course somebody else is filleting them while yer drinking the beers. :becky:

Yep. About 35 minutes and 15 fish in the freezer.

Been using electric for at least 10 years now.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the shape, I can't tell the difference between the White Bass and the Crappie when it comes to look and texture of the fillets.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Other than the shape, I can't tell the difference between the White Bass and the Crappie when it comes to look and texture of the fillets.

Do ya soak 'em in anything while they're settin' in the fridge?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do ya soak 'em in anything while they're settin' in the fridge?

If I'm on the road I soak them in salt water overnight and bag them in the morning. If I'm close to home I just throw them in a quart freezer bag and into the freezer.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Only twice and that was 10 years ago. If I'm traveling it's north to South Dakota.

The lake is down so low, the fish have no place to hide. Caught a lot of walleye this past year.

I've only been up to S. Dakota fishin' once, had a great time; but that probably had more to do with whom I traveled with.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting here at my in-laws surfing the web and watching Louisville and Miami. Now I am at the dining room table and the tv is in the living room but it's a straight shot to watch and my brother-in-law just walked in, sat down and changed the damn channel to A&E. :L

:wtf:

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been able to watch a damn game while I've been here and made a point to tell him earlier that looked like it might be a good game tonight.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Turns off football for shipping wars.... :wtf:

Does he have a vag er wut?

Louisville 16
Miami 2

No other TV's to watch the game on?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, he's got a lot of shit right now. But I just kind of thought, one freaking game? Really?

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Nah, he's got a lot of shit right now. But I just kind of thought, one freaking game? Really?

Like guns er wut. Tell him; "hey fucker, I was wartchin' that game, dadburnit".

We have dishnet hopper system. The wife asked just a minute ago, if I would mind if she went into the bedroom and watched TV.

UFC prelims comin' on shortly, have them set to record, then I'll watch the main event on the PC...