• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official: 10,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup! (.. eventually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most of the time it's pretty clear when a fan is a bandwagon fan or a legit fan...

I guess. But, who IS a legit fan? I had Blackhawks season tickets from about 1985-1995 (ok, most of that was really mom and dad having season tickets) and Flyers season tickets from 2005 until the lockout last year, and if there were 20% of the fans in attendance in either city who really had any clue what was going on out on the ice that was a lot. Is someone who has been a "casual" fan for a long enough time a legit fan? Is someone who goes to all of the games but spends most of their time in the beer line (and thus the bathroom as well) or on their smart phone a legit fan? Are any of the 5,000 or so fans yelling, "SHOOT" every time the home team has the puck legit fans? How about the fans who are mentally incapable of admitting that their team EVER deserved a penalty call? Are they legit? A lot of people become fans of winning teams. At what point do they become legit? Do they have to stick with the team through at least one bad season? Two? Three? Honestly, I don't know and I don't care. If you know hockey or are eager to learn then I'm more than happy to have a conversation with you, regardless of which team you root for. Unless it's the Rags or Canucks, then FUCK YOU.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess. But, who IS a legit fan? I had Blackhawks season tickets from about 1985-1995 (ok, most of that was really mom and dad having season tickets) and Flyers season tickets from 2005 until the lockout last year, and if there were 20% of the fans in attendance in either city who really had any clue what was going on out on the ice that was a lot. Is someone who has been a "casual" fan for a long enough time a legit fan? Is someone who goes to all of the games but spends most of their time in the beer line (and thus the bathroom as well) or on their smart phone a legit fan? Are any of the 5,000 or so fans yelling, "SHOOT" every time the home team has the puck legit fans? How about the fans who are mentally incapable of admitting that their team EVER deserved a penalty call? Are they legit? A lot of people become fans of winning teams. At what point do they become legit? Do they have to stick with the team through at least one bad season? Two? Three? Honestly, I don't know and I don't care. If you know hockey or are eager to learn then I'm more than happy to have a conversation with you, regardless of which team you root for. Unless it's the Rags or Canucks, then FUCK YOU.

"Unless it's the Rags then Fuck You" :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: Best quote ever!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you're only legit if you post on SportsHoopla :whistle:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see washington a team in our division now already has a loss.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LETS GO FLYERS

Im working tonight so have the game on pvr.
Phone geting turned off so Leafs fans dont bother me

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LETS GO FLYERS

Im working tonight so have the game on pvr.
Phone geting turned off so Leafs fans dont bother me

Leaf fans wont be bothering you because they will be down on the scoreboard and will be trying to avoid you. :nod:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say a legit fan is someone who follows a team for about 3 years or so. The Chicago fans that I see in CT are bandwagon fans in every sense of the term. Obviously you do not fall into that bracket.

There's nothing wrong with being a casual fan so long as you know the sport. I think a person is lame as fuck if they only pay attention to the NHL come playoffs... But whatever floats their boat.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say a legit fan is someone who follows a team for about 3 years or so. The Chicago fans that I see in CT are bandwagon fans in every sense of the term. Obviously you do not fall into that bracket.

There's nothing wrong with being a casual fan so long as you know the sport. I think a person is lame as fuck if they only pay attention to the NHL come playoffs... But whatever floats their boat.

that doesn't bother me in itself.. the more people watching and paying for it the better.. i just dont like when that type of fan starts talkin shit..

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Frank Seravalli, Laughton will be scratched tonight as he is skating with extras Gustafsson and Gill
Why keep him up if he not going to play??? Would this count as 1 of his 9 games before his EL contract kicks in or is it only games he dresses?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see washington a team in our division now already has a loss.

gunna be a change for me.. since college they've been kind of a second favorite team because lots of my school friends root for them.. but now that they dont get the Auto-3 Seed that the flyers 100% couldn't get, they're competition for a playoff spot and therefore need to lose.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Frank Seravalli, Laughton will be scratched tonight as he is skating with extras Gustafsson and Gill
Why keep him up if he not going to play??? Would this count as 1 of his 9 games before his EL contract kicks in or is it only games he dresses?

not 100%, but i believe it's only games he dresses in. i guess the 4th line is rosehill.hall.rinaldo then?

i would say rosehill is only in because it's the leafs.. against other teams that dont have guys like colton orr, he won't play and laughton will play?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I knew what you meant. Wasn't taking it personally. :suds: Besides, CT is thisclose to NY, so....

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew what you meant. Wasn't taking it personally. :suds: Besides, CT is thisclose to NY, so....

FUCK THEM!

(this game is fun)

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only games in which he actually plays count.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gunna be a change for me.. since college they've been kind of a second favorite team because lots of my school friends root for them.. but now that they dont get the Auto-3 Seed that the flyers 100% couldn't get, they're competition for a playoff spot and therefore need to lose.

My second favorite team is nobody. Every other team in the league suck nuts!!!!!!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. Mason in the net tonight. Lavi rolling the dice early I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.