• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NFL needs to reinstate Adrian Peterson and move on already

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After wasting all that money on a select few players, the only thing the NFLPA has accomplished in these court cases is to reaffirm the NFL's power.

Good luck at the bargaining table when negotiating the next CBA. If players thought they were fucked over in the last CBA, just wait till the next one.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After wasting all that money on a select few players, the only thing the NFLPA has accomplished in these court cases is to reaffirm the NFL's power.

Good luck at the bargaining table when negotiating the next CBA. If players thought they were fucked over in the last CBA, just wait till the next one.

As I've said before, imagine the concessions we'd all make to our employers if our salaries jumped to 4 or 5 million a year!

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The players may be looking for changes because of this and may sit out until they get more of what they want.
he owners may give them something but may want to extend the season to more regular season games to offset what they get. It will be interesting. How long does the current agreement go for yet?

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players may be looking for changes because of this and may sit out until they get more of what they want.
he owners may give them something but may want to extend the season to more regular season games to offset what they get. It will be interesting. How long does the current agreement go for yet?

Players never win when work stoppages cause games to be missed. They end up hurting themselves more than the owners.

CBA runs through 2020 but negotiations to extend it or to make changes, can begin at anytime now.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This may or may not be a sticking point in the next round of negotiations.The guy who was instrumental in bringing the two sides together last time (Robert Kraft) will probably be on the other side of the fence in the push for Neutral Third Party Arbitration during the appeals process. Let face it, Roger has been wildly inconsistent and butchered many of the discipline issues he's been involved in over the years.So much so that they had to pull Tagliabue out of mothballs to Arbitrate the Bountygate discipline.

With Goodell's past discipline fiascos, I think there may be a real push on both sides for his punishments to be reviewed by someone really neutral and independent (instead of Goodell reaffirming his own nonsense)

The NFLPA has taken it on the chin this month with the Petersen and Brady rulings. I can't imagine they will be very hospitable at next round of talks.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was he appealing?

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was he appealing?

This was the nfl appealing the original ruling that was in favor of Peterson. Basically, the NFLPA, in the wake of AP getting put on the paid inactive for the season due to his child abuse case, sued the NFL over the right to do so. As is the usual, the NFLPA sought out a favorable & biased judge. The judge ruled in AP's & the NFLPA's favor back into 2015.

The NFL appealed & won, affirming the NFL's power on these types of matters.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing how we need to prepare for a strike when the cba expires, but I just don't see it. The average NFL career is so short compared to the other sports that I just don't see the rank and file members of the NFLPA actually going through with a work stoppage. And the owners definitely aren't going to just give up any powers they have without a concession back from the NFLPA, whether that be more games or a higher percentage of revenue or whatever.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As is the usual, the NFLPA sought out a favorable & biased judge. The judge ruled in AP's & the NFLPA's favor back into 2015.

The NFL appealed & won, affirming the NFL's power on these types of matters.

As is the usual, the NFL sought out a favorable & biased judge & won.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I don't catch sarcasm well sitting in my truck on a wet humid 98 degree day...

45 minutes till I head for the a/c comfort of my home.

I meant an "s" to make the judges plural.

Nevermind though. The NFL is corrupt. Don't care enough to argue about it. I'm heading towards my pool starting meow.