• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NFL 8-8-8 Draft QF 3 : Robot vs Sushi

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROBOT

OFFENSE
QB - Randall Cunningham (2)
RB - Jamal Lewis (3)
FB - Keith Byars (3)
WR - Cliff Branch (2)
WR - Andre Reed (1)
WR - Wayne Chrebet (3)
TE - Dave Casper (1)
OT - Jim Parker (1)
OG - Bill Fralic (2)
C - Damien Woody (3)
OG - Bob Kuechenberg (2)
OL - Jon Runyan (3)

DEFENSE
DE - Wayne Martin (3)
DT - Randy White (1)
DT - Bob Lilly (1)
DE - Harvey Martin (2)
LB - Wilber Marshall (2)
MLB - Mike Singletary (1)
LB - Jim Youngblood (3)
CB - Mike Haynes (1)
CB - Lester Hayes (2)
CB - Donnie Abraham (3)
S - Dennis Smith (2)
S - Ronnie Lott (1)

VS

SUSHI

OFFENSE
QB - John Elway (1)
FB - Jim Brown (1)
FB - Larry Centers (2)
WR - Isaac Bruce (2)
WR - Harold Carmichael (2)
WR - Terance Mathis (3)
TE - Shannon Sharpe (1)
OT - Richmond Webb (2)
OG - Reggie McKenzie (3)
C - Tom Nalen (2)
OG - Mike Munchak (1)
OT - Bob Whitfield (3)

DEFENSE
DE - Trace Armstrong (3)
DT - Jethro Pugh (3)
DT - Mean Joe Greene (1)
DE - Leslie O'Neal (2)
LB - Dave Edwards (3)
MLB - Sam Mills (2)
LB - Bobby Bell (1)
CB - Dick Night Train Lane (1)
CB - Mel Renfro (1)
CB - Ray Buchanan (3)
S - Joey Browner (2)
S - Robert Griffith (3)

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROBOT - 6
SUSHI - 3

VOTED - Robot, Sushi, Femur, Milk, Shane, 500, WLK, UK, Ducey

Race to 6

Last edited:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Sushi’s team but I think my defense gives him fits. Was always a fan of Mills just not sure about Mills as an MLB in a 4-3. Really like my speed at WR.With Casper working that middle and space Cunningham’s skill set in an RPO here

Devil

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got me. I think my offense is dynamic enough with three tough covers in Sharpe, Carmichael and Centers, after Bruce being the first option. Mathis fills the slot receiver role perfectly for my team. Plus a power run game with Jim Brown and I think I have lots of ways of putting up points.

I think Devil's offense would have a tough time scoring against me. Having his top two receivers covered by Night Train and Renfro and he doesn't have a stellar run game for this draft. Just think my defense is really solid throughout.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before, in a match this close I lean towards the QB.

Sushi

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think sushi's defense is built to take advantage of Robot's bad Offense...

so i got the devil...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough matchup. Both stout teams. I like the way Sushi set up his offense.

I lean Sushi

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got me. I think my offense is dynamic enough with three tough covers in Sharpe, Carmichael and Centers, after Bruce being the first option. Mathis fills the slot receiver role perfectly for my team. Plus a power run game with Jim Brown and I think I have lots of ways of putting up points.

I think Devil's offense would have a tough time scoring against me. Having his top two receivers covered by Night Train and Renfro and he doesn't have a stellar run game for this draft. Just think my defense is really solid throughout.
Branch and reeds speed extend the field and push the DBs back. That leaves a hole for casper. Or room for randall to take off.

Going slot takes either the FB or TE out of the equation. Hayes and haynes is a rough match up. Lott and Smith are a nasty combo along with Marshall. Singletary and Youngblood could stack the box or shoot the gaps on the run. Idk I like my D's ability to cover and play the run.And the RPO on offense here but thats jmo

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Branch and reed speed the field and push the DBs back. That leaves a hole for casper. Or room for randall to take off.

Going slot takes either the FB or TE out of the equation. Hayes and haynes is a rough match up. Lott and Smith are a nasty combo along with Marshall. Singletary and Youngblood could stack the box or shoot the gaps on the run. Idk I like my D's ability to cover and play the run.And the RPO on offense here but thats jmo

Well I guess that's one way to see it...

Also interesting how you completely disregard Centers or Sharpe's value to the offense after you said they're basically taken out of the equation. We play with 12 guys on the field in these matchups, so you can't actually just say the slot immediately makes those guys irrelevant. LOL.

I mean my line has 400+ sacks to put pressure on your QB. I have one of the best OLB's ever in Bell and two other guys to hold their own on tackles with Mills and Edwards. Your run game isn't great, and with my front 7 I can rely on my secondary to play back and have the linebackers cover more of the flat and over the middle. Oh and I have two Elite CB's in Night Train and Renfro to guard Reed and Branch who apparently are just going to run go routes the entire game to open it up for Casper.

IMO.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess that's one way to see it...

Also interesting how you completely disregard Centers or Sharpe's value to the offense after you said they're basically taken out of the equation. We play with 12 guys on the field in these matchups, so you can't actually just say the slot immediately makes those guys irrelevant. LOL.

I mean my line has 400+ sacks to put pressure on your QB. I have one of the best OLB's ever in Bell and two other guys to hold their own on tackles with Mills and Edwards. Your run game isn't great, and with my front 7 I can rely on my secondary to play back and have the linebackers cover more of the flat and over the middle. Oh and I have two Elite CB's in Night Train and Renfro to guard Reed and Branch who apparently are just going to run go routes the entire game to open it up for Casper.

IMO.
Not disregarding Centers or Sharpe. Wilbur was one of the best cover Lbs. And Ive got Lott and Smith in the secondary. I don't factor games in with 12 men OTF.

Mills is at a disadvantage playing 4-3 imo. As opposed to Singletary. As far as pass rush. Cunningham was arguably the best at avoiding it. Ive seen him shed Bruce Smith like he was nothing.

cover Branch and Reed deep I see a hole for casper or Sherbet if he's coming off the bench. Or a lot of open field for Cunningham or Lewis in an RPO when they hit the second level. Pinch the secondary in Branch or Reed will burn the Defense deep.And Randall had a cannon

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we run 12... it’s why I felt I held the advantage in that my opponent would have to cover a WR with an inside backer but I guess Matt Millen can guard Ed McCaffrey some how... anyway... I think the line of scrimmage is sort of a wash in that both olines aren’t very strong... then I’d say Devil has a stronger dline... pairing that dline with a great secondary puts more pressure on that oline so we d give that lean to Devil... I’d lean the running game to Sushi in terms of talent by a lot but again I think Devils D sorta closes that gap... in the end I think the ability to improvise by Randall is going to give a slight advantage to Devil all things pretty even... defense wins this match 19-17 devil

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disregarding Centers or Sharpe. Wilbur was one of the best cover Lbs. And Ive got Lott and Smith in the secondary. I don't factor games in with 12 men OTF.

Mills is at a disadvantage playing 4-3 imo. As opposed to Singletary. As far as pass rush. Cunningham was arguably the best at avoiding it. Ive seen him shed Bruce Smith like he was nothing.

cover Branch and Reed deep I see a hole for casper or Sherbet if he's coming off the bench. Or a lot of open field for Cunningham or Lewis in an RPO when they hit the second level. Pinch the secondary in Branch or Reed will burn the Defense deep.And Randall had a cannon

I didn't know we were playing a WR and DB off the bench. I just always assumed it was 12 on 12 ball. If that's the case I can use Carmichael as a 2nd tight end and just pound the ball up the middle with Jim Brown using a two TE set and a lead FB, all of whom are Elite receivers for their positions.

So my two elite cover corners will not be able to cover Branch and Reed, so much so that I'll have to dedicate the safeties to help cover them, meaning that Casper gets open a lot. But I have Sharpe who had over 10K receiving yards, and two receivers to also keep your DB's honest and he's not a factor because you have a great cover LB? I don't get it.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*I don’t believe we run 12

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know we were playing a WR and DB off the bench. I just always assumed it was 12 on 12 ball. If that's the case I can use Carmichael as a 2nd tight end and just pound the ball up the middle with Jim Brown using a two TE set and a lead FB, all of whom are Elite receivers for their positions.

So my two elite cover corners will not be able to cover Branch and Reed, so much so that I'll have to dedicate the safeties to help cover them, meaning that Casper gets open a lot. But I have Sharpe who had over 10K receiving yards, and two receivers to also keep your DB's honest and he's not a factor because you have a great cover LB? I don't get it.
Even running 12 I give the edge to Abraham. B

If we’re running 12 I see Abraham and Mathis as a wash. I’ve got two elite corners in Hayes and Haynes. Who are arguably one of the greatest tandems in NFL history. Lott was a ball hawk with a sadistic side. Paired with Dmitj that’s a nasty combo. I don’t pay as much attention to receiving yards the game changed. Reeds over 10k Branch had 4.2 speed and hands to match. Chrebet broke 7k with a shortened career. For me it’s more about systems. And I think it’s more likely to see Casper and Chrebet hitting open space here. Or Cunningham and Lewis getting chunk yards on the RPO with the field spread. You also have to factor in like centers Byers was always a receiving threat that Randall utilized with philly

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't run 12 why is the player not designated as a reserve/option?
When I see nickel cb my guess is we’re running 11. Because nickel is a package. I may be misunderstanding that. But if we’re running 12 I think my safeties and Lbs are an advantage. Especially my safeties sho made a living jumping routes and jarring the ball free

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't run 12 why is the player not designated as a reserve/option?

That’s a good question, but I always thought it was 11 and the nickel came in when the slot came in... it’s why a started really pushing having more WRs than people had DBs... it confused the fuck out of me to see people saying LBs could cover a WR for entire games... it’s impossible...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we’re running 12 I see Abraham and Mathis as a wash. I’ve got two elite corners in Hayes and Haynes. Who are arguably one of the greatest tandems in NFL history. Lott was a ball hawk with a sadistic side. Paired with Dmitj that’s a nasty combo. I don’t pay as much attention to receiving yards the game changed. Reeds over 10k Branch had 4.2 speed and hands to match. Chrebet broke 7k with a shortened career. For me it’s more about systems. And I think it’s more likely to see Casper and Chrebet hitting open space here. Or Cunningham and Lewis getting chunk yards on the RPO with the field spread. You also have to factor in like centers Byers was always a receiving threat that Randall utilized with philly

Sure.

Casper gonna do work on Bobby Bell because Reed and Branch are going to tie up Night Train and Renfro while Sharpe gets handled easily by Wilbur Marshall. And Cunningham is going to just run away from the pass rush like he did to Bruce Smith and get 10 yards every play, so my D-Line is irrelevant. If not he's going to dump it out to Byers who was a receiving threat, but Larry Centers just gonna lay down every play. And then Jim Brown's gonna decide to retire mid game because you've got Mike Singletary and my out of place Sam Mills cannot hold back Jamal Lewis.

But maybe you're right. Everyone seems to be agreeing with you. Early GG. Heck of a defense.