• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NFL 8-8-8 Draft QF 3 : Robot vs Sushi

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

Casper gonna do work on Bobby Bell because Reed and Branch are going to tie up Night Train and Renfro while Sharpe gets handled easily by Wilbur Marshall. And Cunningham is going to just run away from the pass rush like he did to Bruce Smith and get 10 yards every play, so my D-Line is irrelevant. If not he's going to dump it out to Byers who was a receiving threat, but Larry Centers just gonna lay down every play. And then Jim Brown's gonna decide to retire mid game because you've got Mike Singletary and my out of place Sam Mills cannot hold back Jamal Lewis.

But maybe you're right. Everyone seems to be agreeing with you. Early GG. Heck of a defense.
Put bell on Casper and Cunningham has the corner with Bell locked up with Casper. This is where I think Cunninghams skill set and the RPO play a big role.I think my D is more equipped to play the run with Singletary and Youngblood. And my secondary as a whole. While my Dline gets pressure. Don’t get me wrong I love your team. But I really like my match ups here

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

Casper gonna do work on Bobby Bell because Reed and Branch are going to tie up Night Train and Renfro while Sharpe gets handled easily by Wilbur Marshall. And Cunningham is going to just run away from the pass rush like he did to Bruce Smith and get 10 yards every play, so my D-Line is irrelevant. If not he's going to dump it out to Byers who was a receiving threat, but Larry Centers just gonna lay down every play. And then Jim Brown's gonna decide to retire mid game because you've got Mike Singletary and my out of place Sam Mills cannot hold back Jamal Lewis.

But maybe you're right. Everyone seems to be agreeing with you. Early GG. Heck of a defense.

Hahaha I completely understand... I feel the exact same way... I felt this was one of my best teams ever and got bumped quick... what I saw more so after reading your back and forth is what I’m sorta having to accept I guess... if people don’t see what you’re team is capable of before you break it down, they break it down with their personal judgment... so I think we agree that Centers is better than Byars... but I saw Byars and Randall so my perception is when the play breaks down Randall is going to take off, and Byars knows where to be... it’s clearly not fair imo... that’s just a little example... I think we all do it and I think it somewhat takes away from the strategy of these drafts... however throughout these drafts we’ve never been able to find a true consensus that would be fair to all so it’s kinda left at your own idea... it’s why I’ve been purposely trying to make LOS a big part of my votes/drafts... imo LOS is the only thing that has always proven to be the difference from personal as well as visual experience... it’s the best I can do... if things are close everywhere I give the biggest mismatch the win but my first instinct is going to be who wins the LOS... after that, what do they want to do with that... you too have no clear advantage there so imo Devils play off what his LOS brings is what won out... his LOS strength was his Dline... everything off of that leans to him slightly if that makes sense...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these matchups can look lopsided at the end with the voting, but it’s one player or scheme from being flipped. You cant wrong with either of these teams imo

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these matchups can look lopsided at the end with the voting, but it’s one player or scheme from being flipped. You cant wrong with either of these teams imo

I ageee... while more people agree on a certain thing, it wouldn’t be like a blowout... it might be 5 people agree to one team winning by 3 points or less which looks like 5-1... that looks bad but this game was close imo... I think I got it at 17-19... imo both teams struggle to score a bunch and end up with FGs even though we don’t have kickers... which imo we should add... having the better kicker maybe Morten Anderson vs Janikowski and I’d go with the guy that had Morton :noidea:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great team and game @CitySushi

More importantly I enjoyed the debate more than anything. Seeing the different sides of how this game may play out. And talking about the old players and systems makes these drafts that much better. Thank you for the conversation, knowledge and a great game Sushi. It’s appreciated :suds: