• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The newer footy thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actual smart business people though, not grifters or former players. I know the country's short on them but...

I remember when Jason de Vos was highly critical of Soccer Canada in his TSN days. Well, he's high up in the Soccer Canada hierarchy now and it appears things haven't changed all that much (and might have gotten worse).

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to confirm, I like Jason de Vos, I think it just illustrates that there are a lot of bad apples at Soccer Canada and Jason is in tough to make any kind of real change.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to confirm, I like Jason de Vos, I think it just illustrates that there are a lot of bad apples at Soccer Canada and Jason is in tough to make any kind of real change.
Likewise, nothing against him but all things real what in the hell does he know about being an executive in an organization like this? He's talking about bankruptcy in this article then walks it back as if you didn't just make a bunch of people say "what the fuck?"

What's worse, the longer this drags out the more intervention from FIFA or the organizing committee starts to become a possibility and you could be looking at a situation where WC 2026 may no longer be held here.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumor mill is churning about a possible move by Harry Kane to Bayern Munich. Nothing from a highly verified source as of yet.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has some explainin' to do.
Maybe, but I've been really impressed by Herdman's tenure at Canada's helm. I definitely wouldn't say he should be on the hot seat after making the final of the Nations League and considering Canada's roster for the Gold Cup is definitely far from their strongest. I'd easily take Herdman over Beerholder.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but I've been really impressed by Herdman's tenure at Canada's helm. I definitely wouldn't say he should be on the hot seat after making the final of the Nations League and considering Canada's roster for the Gold Cup is definitely far from their strongest. I'd easily take Herdman over Beerholder.

lol at Beerholder - I really can't understand why they didn't cut ties with him.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at Beerholder - I really can't understand why they didn't cut ties with him.

I honestly don't get it either. My only thought is they had already made the decision to keep him after the world cup and when all the DA stuff came out they had to distance themselves until the whole thing blew over. But I will say that if they truly did interview a dozen candidates like they said and he was the one that "stood out" they weren't trying very hard.

Good luck in the gold cup today! Should be a fun game.