• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The newer footy thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like they're doing away with FA Cup replays which is a shame because it hurts the clubs in the lower tiers of English football. A Premier League club making a trip to a League One or League Two team is a significant amount of revenue for that team. Yeah, I realize that these guys play a lot of football in a season, but the Premier League teams have large rosters and can sit guys who are tired.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like they're doing away with FA Cup replays which is a shame because it hurts the clubs in the lower tiers of English football. A Premier League club making a trip to a League One or League Two team is a significant amount of revenue for that team. Yeah, I realize that these guys play a lot of football in a season, but the Premier League teams have large rosters and can sit guys who are tired.
They should ask both teams before the first game if they want to go to a replay if it's tied. If one of them says yes, they have to play a replay. I can see where two Premier League teams (say Arsenal - Liverpool in the 3rd round) probably both don't want a second game but for the most part I totally agree with you.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of non-Premier League football, Saints bottled it big time on Saturday losing late to Cardiff City 2-1 and are likely now going to have to try to get promoted via the Championship playoffs. If they don't get promoted though, they'll face their long time rival Portsmouth next season as Pompey won the League One title.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of non-Premier League football, Saints bottled it big time on Saturday losing late to Cardiff City 2-1 and are likely now going to have to try to get promoted via the Championship playoffs. If they don't get promoted though, they'll face their long time rival Portsmouth next season as Pompey won the League One title.
You’ve never experienced true English football until you sat through a Monday night at Fratton Park.

In early February.

Totally sober.

What I’m saying is tank the promotion and knock Portsmouth back into League One next year while getting the auto promotion.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just like to say a huge thank you to Chelsea for losing 5-nil to Arsenal and taking all the spotlight off Saints who also lost 5-nil to Leicester today :D