• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new footy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Twellman @TaylorTwellman
Regardless off the score and play...FIFA is making a mockery of this tournament on turf and in a stadium of sun/shade for a final. #BeBetter

Hard to take a tweet serious from someone who doesn't have a real name #GoofyBoyNames

So many great hot takes from the murrica talking heads this womens world cup ... So so many lol

And btw taylor

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think:

only good thing about this is not having to see Waaaahmbach again.

One of the best women's players ever, even if you hate her. She played the game with more aggression than any before her, and I'll miss that.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best women's players ever, even if you hate her. She played the game with more aggression than any before her, and I'll miss that.
I agree. She was so aggressive she didn't even catch fire and disintegrate into a billion little pieces because of the turf!

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bro is in italy right now and he is reading the papers there and theyre now saying Giovinco will get a shot at the national team again

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bro is in italy right now and he is reading the papers there and theyre now saying Giovinco will get a shot at the national team again
He might be decent as a substitute option (he's pretty flexible position-wise), but there surely needs to be chances given to some of the younger guys who still play in Europe. Guys like Gabbiadini, Bertolacci and Sturaro need to be the ones given the opportunity to fit into Conte's system.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirlo's getting $8 milli/yr to play for NYC.

1328934464781043344.gif

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. She was so aggressive she didn't even catch fire and disintegrate into a billion little pieces because of the turf!

Playing on the turf is complete bullshit. It's a simple point: there's no way in hell the men would play on it. The best version of the game is played on grass. They dramatized things, sure, but no one was listening otherwise. I don't blame Canada soccer, I blame FIFA. They continue to be bumbling idiots. Want to know why last night was a shellacking? Because Japan had the road paved for them. FIFA didn't even pretend that wasn't true...simply said it was better financially. The result was the top two teams playing each other far too early. On the men's side they intentionally seed teams in groups to avoid such a thing. I have no delusions of grandeur about the comparison, but blatantly creating inequities is a damn shame.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing on the turf is complete bullshit. It's a simple point: there's no way in hell the men would play on it. The best version of the game is played on grass. They dramatized things, sure, but no one was listening otherwise. I don't blame Canada soccer, I blame FIFA. They continue to be bumbling idiots. Want to know why last night was a shellacking? Because Japan had the road paved for them. FIFA didn't even pretend that wasn't true...simply said it was better financially. The result was the top two teams playing each other far too early. On the men's side they intentionally seed teams in groups to avoid such a thing. I have no delusions of grandeur about the comparison, but blatantly creating inequities is a damn shame.
It didn't seem to bother anyone. The team that complained the most won the final in a landslide. The injury possibilities wound up being greatly exaggerated. Goalscoring was up from 2011. Of course men wouldn't play on it, but there are also usually more than 2 countries vying for the men's tournament. You take what you can get.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arda Turan signs for Barca where he will join Pedro on the substitutes bench in January while MSN run wild. Sounds like he really didn't wanna run anymore.

Juve turned down an 80 million Euro offer from Barca for Pogba, which I would say is crazy but PSG have apparently offered 70 million for De Bruyne so everything is just psychotic now. No wonder Southampton are holding out for more for Schneiderlin.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't seem to bother anyone. The team that complained the most won the final in a landslide. The injury possibilities wound up being greatly exaggerated. Goalscoring was up from 2011. Of course men wouldn't play on it, but there are also usually more than 2 countries vying for the men's tournament. You take what you can get.

There are a lot of factors that come into play with injury rate on grass vs turf. You can't discount the mental portion of things in addition to the acclimation factor. And I don't give a flying eff if the number of teams that have a feasible chance is lower, the standards need to be the same. Money received? That can be based on revenue if need be. But playing conditions? No, has to be the same standard. It's simple sexism. This is not me being a psycho feminazi, it's simply a desire to see some semblance of equity. Half the complaints were certainly dramatized, but they're sticking up for female athletes.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA 2, Honduras 1 (Concacaf Gold Cup) - Clint Dempsey with two goals and the referee`s book remains undamaged.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems United has locked up Matteo Darmian (good move) as well as Nico Otamendi (not as good move).

Alderweireld has moved permanently to Spurs, and now Southampton are mad, saying their loan clause had a 10 million EUR buy option but Atletico says it expired last week? This one could get ugly a la Mikel John Obi or Luis Figo.

Raheem Sterling has called in "sick" to Liverpool's pre-season training activities and there are rumours he's not going to travel with them to the far east. Can I take this moment to point out this kid was not very good without Luis Suarez?

There's a lot of weird stuff happening at Bayern. Kinda looking like Pep's lost the room there - Benatia's been linked with Real and Juve and has openly stated he'd prefer to leave if he isn't going be the regular starter, Gotze's father and agent have been kicking shit all summer and it really looks like he could be a candidate for departure, we still don't know what's going on with Schweiny, Muller's been linked to United every day...did anybody not predict this after they decided to switch coaches after winning the fucking Treble?!

And Porto has apparently decided to sign Drogba as they continue building a squad capable of winning the 2006 World Cup. Nedved next?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cyle larin

Miss of the century

Wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.